Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i bought the $5 unlock for overcast on launch, not sure how it changed since then. but i’ve gotten my money’s worth since, marco’s a tidy little vulture with updating it, since he hasn’t been able to pawn it off on anyone else just yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

start at the start and just listen in order? that’s alllll i want

:same:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
subscribe on overcast and list from oldest to newest p easy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
remember moblogs? what a hosed up word.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

yall listen to a lot of podcasts yeesh. how many bluechew and casper ad reads yall get in a week?

my preferred ad experience is kyle kinane half-assing adam and eve ads as if anyone is buying bulk dildos anymore

Uptime Sinclair posted:

overcast is notable primarily for smart speed and voice boost. if you are not a slavering ghoul like myself who requires faster than 1x speed it is not essential. i like the ui and such overall but it’s not noteworthy or anything

the smart speed feature is the defining feature for me, too. i work with screen readers occasionally with them fairly quick and cant stand what counts as normal speed in audiobooks, but dont always want everything at 2x for conversation podcasts. it helps reach a good pace without sounding exhausting

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i bought the $5 unlock for overcast on launch, not sure how it changed since then. but i’ve gotten my money’s worth since, marco’s a tidy little vulture with updating it, since he hasn’t been able to pawn it off on anyone else just yet

i think it went to a mostly voluntary sub model; paying nets uploads and no banner ads, otherwise theres a banner ad on some screens for other podcasts

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Agile Vector posted:

the smart speed feature is the defining feature for me, too. i work with screen readers occasionally with them fairly quick and cant stand what counts as normal speed in audiobooks, but dont always want everything at 2x for conversation podcasts. it helps reach a good pace without sounding exhausting
:hai:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/daviddtd_/status/1307795797203996672

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
is safari 14 actually broken?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

no

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
thought so, updated and it seems fine so far

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://9to5mac.com/2020/09/21/iphone-12-mini-report/

iphone 12 mini lmao what a name

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

quote:

However, none of the iPhone 12 lineup will ship with bundled earbuds or charger for the first time.

lmao. way to optimize, timb

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The first iPhone came with a dock

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

infernal machines posted:

lmao. way to optimize, timb

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
the mini had better not be missing features timb. I want it because it’s a convenient size, not because I can’t afford a bigger one.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Soricidus posted:

the mini had better not be missing features timb. I want it because it’s a convenient size, not because I can’t afford a bigger one.

I have bad news for you and your vanishingly small segment of the market

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
it is indeed very frustrating that bad things are more profitable than good things

on the bright side it is possible to get non-mirror monitors again so maybe good phones will return one day too

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao holy poo poo. at this rate I'm gonna end up using android D:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Soricidus posted:

my guess? no faceid only finger print button. maybe pro will have both? sell that as the mask and no mask ideal version. maybe make it double unlock for security bragging

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what about caress identification. you stroke something maybe nipple like and everyone has a unique stroke?

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
how about not

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echi is probably the horniest person i have ever interacted with

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao holy poo poo. at this rate I'm gonna end up using android D:

don't worry, anroid manufacturers will copy this too

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

same

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Agile Vector posted:

as if anyone is buying bulk dildos anymore

????? what kind of dildos are people buying now???

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

it’s always good to be the most something, no matter what it is

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Soricidus posted:

it is indeed very frustrating that bad things are more profitable than good things

on the bright side it is possible to get non-mirror monitors again so maybe good phones will return one day too

isn't the ~~nano texture~~ monitor an uncleanable piece of crap?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

I have bad news for you and your vanishingly small segment of the market

where the vanishingly small segment is macs in the market of apple products

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

echinopsis posted:

it’s always good to be the most something, no matter what it is

the most flatulent goon

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bored Online posted:

the most flatulent goon

truly an olympic standard

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

I had a coworker briefly that was hornier, she went to sex clubs and would brag about getting flogged last night. Obviously I want to hear about it, just not first thing in the morning.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the least stinky person in yospos

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

where the vanishingly small segment is macs in the market of apple products

iPhones: 200 million per year
iPads: 40 million
watch: 30 million
Macs: 20 million

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Perplx posted:

I had a coworker briefly that was hornier, she went to sex clubs and would brag about getting flogged last night. Obviously I want to hear about it, just not first thing in the morning.

"my favorite ice cream is vanilla, but only really expensive vanilla"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

blammo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

*todd flanders voice* ow my freakin ears!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

french vanilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you know, the kinky poo poo