Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Silicon Valley strikes again!

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

“In negative reviews in the Google Play and App Store, users complain about a hidden $35 enrollment fee to access the platform, and a lack of work once signed up.”

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
Is america just litteraly all grifts built on grifts?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Jestery posted:

Is america just litteraly all grifts built on grifts?

close. its grifts built upon grifts built upon even more grifts built upon native american burial grounds.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Jestery posted:

Is capitalism just litteraly all grifts built on grifts?

Yes.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
don't forget the nepotism nuggets!

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308143119762939905?s=19

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Lol at the projection here. Trump’s body is 40% adderal.

I love that he's "Sleepy Joe" but also on uppers at the same time. Really makes a ton of sense.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lolling that Trump and the GOP think Putin is a nice guy because he's a nationalist bigoted criminal like them (and also he sends them money) so they're like "he can't be that bad, can he?"

Sure, Putin is absolutely not trying to crumble the US from within. Don't trust what your intelligence services warned you about, lol

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

InsertPotPun posted:

Monster Squad is one of my favorite movies, still mostly holds up, and deserves WAY more respect than it gets.
WAY more. it should be a halloween staple. the "dark universe" should be building up to a remake of monster squad.
Come on guys, don't be chickenshit!
seriously ask me to write five more paragraphs, i can set up a chart with time flow threads that all pull together to motherfucking frankenstein straight up grabbing dracula by the neck like a cat and correcting him to his face.

Insert PotPun has NARDS

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Lolling that Trump and the GOP think Putin is a nice guy because he's a nationalist bigoted criminal like them (and also he sends them money) so they're like "he can't be that bad, can he?"

Sure, Putin is absolutely not trying to crumble the US from within. Don't trust what your intelligence services warned you about, lol

Funny, you say he's trying. He already finished his work. There's simply no way out of this anymore, Putin won the cold war based out of a crumbled Soviet Union which is a lol.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

You don't seriously believe this, right? They aren't stupid, they're complicit.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Tahirovic posted:

Funny, you say he's trying. He already finished his work. There's simply no way out of this anymore, Putin won the cold war based out of a crumbled Soviet Union which is a lol.

It's not even like Putin "won" - Russia's collapse into a kleptocracy was entirely a product of US foreign policy. You guys sent a bunch of Chicago school dickheads out there to help the Russian mob and intelligence services loot the Russian economy amid the collapse of the USSR and then did a surprise pikachu face when these thieves and murderers you enriched and empowered continued to be thieves and murderers. It's a self own for the history books.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

You don't seriously believe this, right? They aren't stupid, they're complicit.

It's obviously both friend

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
The GOP is also trying to crumble the US from within.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

busalover posted:

The GOP is also trying to crumble the US from within.

It might naive of me but, why?

Like is it just for the money and then they flee to their secret islands and let the rest of the country deal with the chaos?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I love trumps campaign rallies. It's just him talking about hwat he saw on tv. it's like that mystery science theatre, but for awful assholes.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Like is it just for the money and then they flee to their secret islands and let the rest of the country deal with the chaos?

They get the money now and their children and grandchildren live with the (literal) fallout.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yeah. The same reason they don't care about the environment. They won't be here when it's an issue so gently caress it. They literally are completely amoral and greedy above all.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Yeah. The same reason they don't care about the environment. They won't be here when it's an issue so gently caress it. They literally are completely amoral and greedy above all.

Mmm, I get the guillotines now. It wasn't a metaphor at all.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/kdurquiza/status/1308281168538656769

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1308261935541096448

also reminder that Trump's brother supposedly died from it, lol

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Does it surprise any of you that this is the gormless bellend that has nominated Turmp to the Nobel Peace Prize four years in a row.

The current news here is that Cheeto Benito called him at three in the morning on Sunday night to thank him for the nomination.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Lodin posted:

Does it surprise any of you that this is the gormless bellend that has nominated Turmp to the Nobel Peace Prize four years in a row.

The current news here is that Cheeto Benito called him at three in the morning on Sunday night to thank him for the nomination.

worth pointing out that this idiot and trump has a lot in common. they're both whiny, racist assholes whos only real accomplishments is inheriting a big business.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How much can I get paid to evict myself

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I love that he's "Sleepy Joe" but also on uppers at the same time. Really makes a ton of sense.

Some leaked audio from a recent White House meeting might help shed some light on this:

TRUMP: How is he... how can Joe Biden, SLEEPY JOE I CALL HIM, how can he [inaudible] stand up for 3 hours? No lean? He doesn't do the lean?

KUSHNER: Well... I... um.....

TRUMP: Does anybody hear that? It's.... do you hear that? I hear a noise. A buzzing noise, buzzing like bee. I can hear it inside the wall. OBAMA! [inaudible] the walls, he's spying. THEY CALL IT OBAMAGATE and he's doing it RIGHT NOW!

KUSHNER: That's, uh... well.... hmmmmm.

CRUZ: No, sorry, that's me. Sorry, it's just a new, uh... new thing I need to check out online. Yeah, that's the ticket.

*hammering noises are heard*

TRUMP: They call 'em hammers, you use a hammer and you ham a thing, I don't know whether they named the tool first or the meat. Nobody knows, it happened so very long ago. But you gotta....[inaudible] OBAMA INSIDE [inaudible] just like the cow computers, do we remember those? You got the computer but it came inside a cow box, I don't [inaudible] very sleepy. So sleepy. Bye bye.

*a wet thud is heard*

CRUZ: Hey, uh... can I use the wifi here? And can I have like.... 6 minutes of alone time? It helps if I'm thinking about 9/11, do we have some flags I can look at?

KUSHNER: Ummmmmm, well....

frh
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1308189633394757633

lol

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

InternetJunky posted:

I want Biden to win, and the Dems take a page from the GOP playbook and add two extra SC justices since that's technically not prohibited in the constitution. With any luck this results (eventually) in each side adding more and more justices until the US has thousands of them.

“In a 5,274,638 to 5,274,637 decision...”

frh
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1308379796829863942?s=19

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's me.
I'm the rogue from Tennessee

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
So important decisions would be made by absolute group consensus with the same faith as people have for the stock market operating on the same principles? Crazy talk

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

“Virtually nobody” i.e. “not me, Donald J. Trump”

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

they've been making it there since 2007

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Here’s the takeaway from capitalism at its worse and natural expression: it’s always about short term gain.

There are no long term plans. There are no infrastructure building or capital investment. It’s always raid what little value exists and the fallout is always someone else’s problem unless there is profit to be gained in fixing the problem you created.

True republicans don’t give a poo poo about evangelicals or blue collar workers or even their grandparents. They are means to an end. It’s all about the right now.

The democrats? Tons of great ideas that require the opposite of capitalism (investment, things requiring reduction in max profit).

Why is America like this? One simple answer. If you don’t burn the world for a 1% increase in profit, you can be drat sure the next guy will. There is no profit in building anything anymore. No more r&d or investment in the future. You guys remember nanotechnology? Yeah whatever happened to that?

Amazon, Apple? Just great ideas that haven’t been raided yet.

-Captain Obvious

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Also Herman Cain lol

edit: also didn't he say he never downplayed the coronavirus? lol

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Moonrise over myhami

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
If I saw a shooting star I would wish that everytime a politician lied a little chimpanzee would pop out from somewhere and twist their titties. It would make me believe in magic again, and I think it would make the world a better place :)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can the monkey wear sunglasses and a gold chain that says 'titty time' on it when it hops out

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Listening to yesterday's Pod Save America they made mention of the fact that there's something like 13 working days left on the legislative calendar before the election - I'm curious why this isn't something that isn't being discussed more in the media rather than the fact that there's 42 calendar days left before the election. Is this because the republicans can always just call an emergency session or something?

i mean, to say nothing of all the poo poo they're not loving passing (COVID relief, budget, healthcare reform in two lol weeks)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Waterbed Wendy posted:

If I saw a shooting star I would wish that everytime a politician lied a little chimpanzee would pop out from somewhere and twist their titties. It would make me believe in magic again, and I think it would make the world a better place :)

@RealDonaldTrump: "For some reason" I am now being followed by "thousands" of tiny monkies (chimps) which are attacking me every time I open my mouth. OBAMABIDEN has gone Too Far once again.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Can the monkey wear sunglasses and a gold chain that says 'titty time' on it when it hops out

Yes, and I will also add a diaper paid for by the taxpayers. Everything else is free from the wish, but the diapers must be changed often and the money has to come from somewhere.

Also it's a chimp not a monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

I'm not saying you'd want to.

What I'm saying is that expecting just to be there or live daily life is to subject yourself to gunplay isn't what's happening, despite the news. Driving or flying into Chicago or NYC doesn't mean bending over and praying for the 'RATA-TAT-TAT' of shells to pass you by.

I remember as a little kid being frightened to visit my uncle in Miami because it was the murder capital back then but of course what the news did then and now is not point out the violence is focused in one specific area and is gang violence that you'll never encounter.