Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

it’s

Thank you are strong pressident !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

gently caress everything gently caress Romney gently caress Trump gently caress mcconnell gently caress Barr this is all bullshit hail satan

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I teach history and English as a foreign language so I will have to deal with this poo poo (and Brexit) for the rest of my career. Thanks a lot, assholes.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Mitt Romney: "Black Lives Matter"

Also Mitt Romney: *confirms a supreme court justice that will make lynching legal*

Of course they matter, how else can he keep score?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
It is very important we get someone who interprets the constitution as it was originally written by racist slave-owning syphilitic morons who wear wigs and intentionally sneeze a parties

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

I teach history and English as a foreign language so I will have to deal with this poo poo (and Brexit) for the rest of my career. Thanks a lot, assholes.

People will be talking about this 5 year span of time for the rest of all of our loving lives. i'll be on my deathbed as an old man and in the corner of my hospital room tucker carlson's son will be on FOX talking about trump. we will never escape this.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

old beast lunatic posted:

Merrick Garland (lol great name bro) wasn't that long ago I wish this country didn't have the memory of a goldfish. Democrats are useless. Instead of donating to them I'm going to find ways to support whatever group burned down the last police station.

uh I think a lot of people remember the hypocrisy of the right in regards to the supreme court pick during an election year. In fact it's pretty much the only thing people are talking about, where are you getting this from

Virginia Slams posted:

I disagree in a way. He's not spineless he's just good at manipulating idiots. Any vote against the republican agenda is him trying to convince dipshit democrats and undecideds that he's not so bad. He's gonna tow the line on anything important to them like ACA repeal and only switches sides when he knows his vote will have no say like impeachment.

Also Romney literally created Obamacare in Massachusetts. lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

https://twitter.com/tony28046529/status/1308188351195824128?s=20

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

uh I think a lot of people remember the hypocrisy of the right in regards to the supreme court pick during an election year. In fact it's pretty much the only thing people are talking about, where are you getting this from

Nevermind me I live inside a bubble comprised of the dumbest people on earth. (rural mormons)

E: ... who appear to be spending all their free time bug chasing these days. lol

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 22, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
my chud boss who gets his news from facebook announced that trump should ABSOLUTELY get to pick the next justice because "the last 22 presidents got to without stop!!" which is obviously from some facebook meme. i brought up that obama didn't get to and he just mumbled that he didn't know that and started screaming about how the protesters need to wear masks.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

imagine copying rome for everything but your legal system

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LOL!

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1308111659408465920?s=20
https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1308111828208189442?s=20

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I mean we already knew Republicans were super hypocrites, but the combo of "Well she's been dead 2 days, better get a new judge in there!" and the very blatant "rules for you do not apply to me" has definitely hit the mainstream and is hurting Trump and Republicans.

I think it's because RBG became a pop culture icon for people, even if people had no idea how she voted or what she stood for. She's (rightfully) seen as an icon for strong women, and Trump's basically just said "Yeah throw some other broad in there, it's fine" while literally making an hourglass motion with his hands. It's insanely tasteless and gross, even for Trump and the GOP.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Gee, I'm very concerned!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A Fancy Hat posted:

I mean we already knew Republicans were super hypocrites, but the combo of "Well she's been dead 2 days, better get a new judge in there!" and the very blatant "rules for you do not apply to me" has definitely hit the mainstream and is hurting Trump and Republicans.

The night she died USPOL was going crazy over how this would help Republicans electorally and I don't get it at all. In terms of federal power it's real good for them but the rank hypocrisy and being able to steal two seats (and our dumbest president ever getting to seat three justices) is not going to help them at the polls. It's like everyone forgot how badly the Republicans lost in 2018 (even in Senate voting when they gained two seats).

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

It is very important we get someone who interprets the constitution as it was originally written by racist slave-owning syphilitic morons who wear wigs and intentionally sneeze a parties

From 10 years ago but this bit by Daniel Tosh still makes me hoot and holler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4kUu2y14U8&t=58s

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The republicans are in a power grab, guys. Decorum, hypocrisy, lies, none of that matters. Once they have the Whitehouse, the Supreme Court, and whatever seats they grab, it's game on.

I can't openly, loudly, exuberantly, exclaim anymore clearly:

This is the end of democracy in America. Right now, this is "why didn't the germans do anything?" moment and we're failing. We aren't stopping it.

Here come the "well go out there and die" posts...

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I hate biden, he is a disgusting man with a pervert mouth, but I am still voting for him because trump is making me lol too much and I need a break.

np19
Dec 25, 2016

Virginia Slams posted:

From 10 years ago but this bit by Daniel Tosh still makes me hoot and holler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4kUu2y14U8&t=58s

Daniel Tosh is one of the best to ever do it. He does not get nearly the credit he deserves.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

This is the end of democracy in America. Right now, this is "why didn't the germans do anything?" moment and we're failing. We aren't stopping it.

I'll do you one better. Here's the official worst loving take, right out of the "Germany in the early 1930s" playbook: This idiot believes the BLM protests should stop because they make Trump look strong. And he finishes on this gem: "I understand the danger of ceding the streets to white supremacists. But I predict they will disappear when there is no fight to be had and their presence exposes ownership of their misdeeds."

:cawg:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Impeach the Senate imo, can't have a vote on SCOTUS if you're all in impeachment trials. Bing bong so simple.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

The republicans are in a power grab, guys. Decorum, hypocrisy, lies, none of that matters. Once they have the Whitehouse, the Supreme Court, and whatever seats they grab, it's game on.

I can't openly, loudly, exuberantly, exclaim anymore clearly:

Here come the "well go out there and die" posts...

There's really nothing your everyday American can do besides vote. Want to protest? Better hope the police don't shoot you in the loving head with rubber bullets and make you a vegetable! Maybe you'll get run over and die or get crippled and then get charged for protesting. It will only get worse too, eventually someone is gonna shoot at cops during a protest or some cops gonna "mistake" a can of soup for a gun and the cops will just switch to full auto and murder protesters. And they will get away with it too because cops cannot be held accountable for anything.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Katana Gomai posted:

"I understand the danger of ceding the streets to white supremacists. But I predict they will disappear when there is no fight to be had and their presence exposes ownership of their misdeeds."

/

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao, eat poo poo

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP11hhoanmg

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

What a great way to start the day. I didn't even know there was a new thread until I checked GVS. And then I open it up and it's nothing but greatest hits of the last 400 years.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

smoobles posted:

How does a business commit suicide

ask Trump

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lil Peeler posted:

What a great way to start the day. I didn't even know there was a new thread until I checked GVS. And then I open it up and it's nothing but greatest hits of the last 400 years.

It's longer than you think, Dad! Longer than you think!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lil Peeler posted:

i'm liking having this pic front and center whenever i accidentally click the first page link

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

TheAardvark posted:

i'm liking having this pic front and center whenever i accidentally click the first page link

Can someone post the DOOM gif of this where he flips from side to side

dk2m
May 6, 2009
so...is the SC pick actually gonna go through? sounds like it is lmao. there doesn’t seem to be anything the democrats can do procedurally but i’m not enough of a politics nerd to know that

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

dk2m posted:

so...is the SC pick actually gonna go through? sounds like it is lmao. there doesn’t seem to be anything the democrats can do procedurally but i’m not enough of a politics nerd to know that

All of the posturing is because they can't do poo poo. And even if they could, they wouldn't.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

dk2m posted:

He has the votes.
So unless he picks someone that they don't approve of, it's already rubber stamped

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

But... SIR... Nissan? Weren't it the japs that gave us the CHINA VIRUS, SIR?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

dk2m posted:

The democrats thought they were going to hold office when the next seat opened. Yet again, they were outsmarted by literally traitor idiots lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mono posted:

they've been making it there since 2007
This is one of my favorite Trmpu tics - taking credit for something that has been happening for years before he showed up. I remember him bragging about a military helicopter contract going to a Sikorsky factory that had been making helicopters for the military, uninterrupted, for the last 30 years, and claiming it was an example of American manufacturing returning to America.

Also Trmpu is holding yet another rally in Virginia, which is a state he does not need to win and is almost certainly going to lose. The reason he is holding rallies in states close to DC (instead of states that he absolutely needs to win, like Arizona and Wisconsin) is that he wants to be able to fly back to White House afterwards and get to bed at a normal time, and that's a huge loving LOL. What a giant pissbaby.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FMguru posted:

he reason he is holding rallies in states close to DC (instead of states that he absolutely needs to win, like Arizona and Wisconsin) is that he wants to be able to fly back to White House afterwards and get to bed at a normal time, and that's a huge loving LOL. What a giant pissbaby.

Its so he can watch fox until 4 am black out for 2 hrs and then do it all over again.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Or he wants to golf at his own course before it gets too cold out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Merrick Garland (lol great name bro) wasn't that long ago I wish this country didn't have the memory of a goldfish. Democrats are useless. Instead of donating to them I'm going to find ways to support whatever group burned down the last police station.

instead of learning from this, liberal voters blame bernie voters and green party voters for hillary's loss in 2016.

instead of learning from this, democratic senators are threatening (if they win power! LOL!) that they'll pack the SC with... 2 additional justices... which will make the court 6-5 conservative.. loving lol.

really hosed up incompetence where people's hopes were relying on a mormon conservative that said "Black Lives Matter" one time.