Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

That's the regular pay everything right now console. Need that payment plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Stux posted:

insane to me to buy any console sight unseen at launch lol

Look, I’ve been stuck home doing child care and online schooling. Let me find joy in the few places I can for now. Between now and Nov 10th I can pretend that the Xbox is cool and good.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It's out.

Arkage posted:

Got one through MS site after 25~ min of waiting for stuff to load, refreshing, reloading again. But hey at least it went through. Also got one off Amazon in case of credit card issues, that one was super easy and instant.

And I already see preorders up on ebay selling for 1k, who the hell buys it like that when preorders are still ongoing.

People a.) laundering money or b.) buying their own stock to pump up sales for when the pre-orders really do runout.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arkage posted:

Got one through MS site after 25~ min of waiting for stuff to load, refreshing, reloading again. But hey at least it went through. Also got one off Amazon in case of credit card issues, that one was super easy and instant.

And I already see preorders up on ebay selling for 1k, who the hell buys it like that when preorders are still ongoing.

Not a good idea with Series X in my opinion. Like yeah these pre-orders are selling out, but with Xbox One, people did this and then couldn't sell their scalper priced Xbox Ones on ebay, people actually had to sell them at a loss.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Best Buy still says "coming soon", so that may be the last option.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Stux posted:

dont go in person to a store to get a console in 2020 thank you

jokes on you i’ve never been outside

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Both my orders went through to PayPal from Gamestop so now I have an extra Xbox, which I guess I'll either sell at face value to my brother or a friend. Whatta poo poo show, I was only trying to buy one but I had two separate orders processed

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Got one from Amazon before they were gone. I would rather pick it up in person from Best Buy, so maybe that'll happen. They're still at coming soon though. Wonder what happened with them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Happy Hedonist posted:

Look, I’ve been stuck home doing child care and online schooling. Let me find joy in the few places I can for now. Between now and Nov 10th I can pretend that the Xbox is cool and good.

anyone buying the ps5 or xbox rn is paying sony and ms to do QA for them on their new hardware

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I said come in! posted:

Not a good idea with Series X in my opinion. Like yeah these pre-orders are selling out, but with Xbox One, people did this and then couldn't sell their scalper priced Xbox Ones on ebay, people actually had to sell them at a loss.
Let me tell you a thing or two about Nintendo products, where buying through a scalper is still usually the best option to get a product

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Stux posted:

anyone buying the ps5 or xbox rn is paying sony and ms to do QA for them on their new hardware
sounds like sour grapes from someone who won't be playing great xbox series x launch titles such as

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

I dunno, the PS4 at a very smooth hardware launch with no issues. I don't recall the Xbox One having problems but the only studying anyone was able to do was how the systems handled being in boxes at Best Buy.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-series-x-1tb-console-black/6428324.p?skuId=6428324

Best Buy is up

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Lol giving a high demand error

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Let me tell you a thing or two about Nintendo products, where buying through a scalper is still usually the best option to get a product

Fair! I had to wait 9 months to get a Switch. I tried constantly during that time. I'm worried that will happen with PS5.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

VanillaGorilla posted:

Amazon getting ready to go live - direct page is up at Amazon Smile (have to select a charity): https://smile.amazon.com/Xbox-X/dp/B08H75RTZ8/

Thanks for this! I'd spent 50 minutes slamming F5 on Target, Best Buy, Xbox.com, and Microsoft's store, and gave up—only to check out that link while sitting on the toilet taking a sadness dump and get a pre-order immediately.

Christ, what a mess this has been.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

all access bundle still listed as coming soon :negative:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I said come in! posted:

I dunno, the PS4 at a very smooth hardware launch with no issues. I don't recall the Xbox One having problems but the only studying anyone was able to do was how the systems handled being in boxes at Best Buy.

the sticks were poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol as soon as Best Buy goes live they can't do poo poo

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Best Buy is out of stock already.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

all access bundle still listed as coming soon :negative:

Don't worry, as soon as you try to click it, the site says: There was a problem with your Microsoft All Access checkout.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
MS should... just take down the all-access "upgrade now" page, since it just 500s and has for an hour and whatever stock they had must be gone?

Glad to see this is going as well as the 3080 launch

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Arcsech posted:

Best Buy is out of stock already.

I just clicked "Build a Bundle" and then didn't add anything and it went right through.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

both had a first run of controllers that had various faults, both had disc drive issues in launch models

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Had it in my Amazon cart twice, and backed out of it twice. I've owned every Xbox console thus far so it almost seems like a tradition at this point, but I ultimately couldn't justify a Series X. My Windows gaming PC is basically the same thing even down to the specs, just a lot bigger and with a lot more gaudy RGB lighting that I didn't ask for but is there regardless. This is a hell of a deal for $499 though; you won't be building a comparable gaming PC for anywhere close to this price point.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I still need to buy a 2nd controller but Best Buy seems to be sold out of them already lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

the sticks were poo poo

Still way better than original Xbox One controllers! That is seriously saying a lot despite the bar being extremely low. I have one of those controllers, it is terrible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

I still need to buy a 2nd controller but Best Buy seems to be sold out of them already lol.

For some reason Amazon is not selling the controllers individually yet.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i was able to get one from amazon, sick

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Bone controllers are forwards compatible iirc

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I did not expect controllers to go out of stock this fast, are the scalpers buying those too, hardly seems worth it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Stux posted:

We got it dude. There’s like 10 pages of posts about how you don’t think anyone should buy a launch console.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Almost Smart posted:

Had it in my Amazon cart twice, and backed out of it twice. I've owned every Xbox console thus far so it almost seems like a tradition at this point, but I ultimately couldn't justify a Series X. My Windows gaming PC is basically the same thing even down to the specs, just a lot bigger and with a lot more gaudy RGB lighting that I didn't ask for but is there regardless. This is a hell of a deal for $499 though; you won't be building a comparable gaming PC for anywhere close to this price point.

I’m in the exact same spot as you. I have bought every Xbox at launch, have a fancy PC with a 2080 Super.

But gently caress it, I’m pretty comfortable financially, I don’t mind have it a 4k couch computer and a desk computer.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

BonoMan posted:

I just clicked "Build a Bundle" and then didn't add anything and it went right through.

I tried that and got an "out of stock" message trying to check out before I posted the first time.

Now I'm getting

quote:

Sorry, we're having a system issue, but it should only be temporary.
Please wait a little while before trying again.

Over and over.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

We got it dude. There’s like 10 pages of posts about how you don’t think anyone should buy a launch console.

are u a mod?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

butt dickus posted:

sounds like sour grapes from someone who won't be playing great xbox series x launch titles such as

I literally just wanted one before Cyberpunk since it should theoretically run the best on a Series X even tho the next-gen enhancements wont hit till next year.

Which by the way I have the cyberpunk edition One X console which has the free download for the game so how the hell do I get the game from my one X to the series X, I don't understand anything

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got it from gamestop, a company I haven't purchased from since being a teenager (they suck), because they actually buffered the people accessing the site. Still took forever and this was after Walmart and Target let me go through checkout to tell me they were sold out. What a shitshow, feels like we should be better at this by now.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Despite being listed as a participating retailer, I don't think I ever found a page for an all access bundle at target. Their page only listed the one s bundle. And best buy is actively taunting me by changing the "get started" button to "coming soon" as soon as I go to click on it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Stux posted:

are u a mod?

Actually you know what you keep fighting that fight. I’m sure you will convince lots of people in a console thread to not buy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Supreme Allah posted:

I literally just wanted one before Cyberpunk since it should theoretically run the best on a Series X even tho the next-gen enhancements wont hit till next year.

Which by the way I have the cyberpunk edition One X console which has the free download for the game so how the hell do I get the game from my one X to the series X, I don't understand anything

The game should just be chilling in your Microsoft store as purchased, should be able to just download it.