Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
[post reserved for an In Memoriam for all the stars that die in week three]

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At least it's not like the 49ers have to play on that lovely field twice in a row, right?

...Oh.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Quick Reads is up, and maybe Josh Allen actually is legit?

Meanwhile, the NFC East is garbage. Who would've guessed?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

nerve fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 22, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

Pushing these things out quickly means a little editing goes by the wayside:

quote:

Tannehill had a stretch from the middle of the second quarter to the middle of the fourth -- nearly 30 minutes of in-game time -- where he picked up seven touchdowns in eight dropbacks (seven completions for 82 yards, plus a 22-yard DPI)

That or they have some weird internal jargon possibly. Or Ryan Tannehill is secretly the best quarterback in the world, which is also possible.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
news: in an unprecedented amount of dick sucking performed prior to the season, NFL is gifting ESPN the best game of the year.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/05/11/espn-nbc-cbs-hoping-broadcast-ravens-versus-chiefs/

views : the whole world will be forced to listen to the Brian Griese, the Original Fitzmagic™ for hours taking about how amazing he was

Now I'm stuck waiting until Monday night to see if any of my local stations carry the game, or else I'll have to catch a stream.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 22, 2020

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Minshew is gonna push our poo poo in on Thursday night lol

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Derek Carr is a top 15 qb

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Derek Carr is a top 15 qb

Derek Carr is the worlds first emo-quarterback.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hizawk posted:

Derek Carr is the worlds first emo-quarterback.

he even looks like someone who's in an early 2000s rap/rock band singing about his dad.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 22, 2020

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1308391011064918017?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Whoa there motherfucker

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Height: 6'5". DONE DEAL BABY

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Whoa there motherfucker

That was Blaine Gabbert, who’s currently backing up Brady cause Bruce Arians likes him.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Minshew is gonna push our poo poo in on Thursday night lol

He's going to make his career on Thursday

Lol what did Thursday do to deserve this, especially now that Monday games loving rule?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

He's going to make his career on Thursday

Lol what did Thursday do to deserve this, especially now that Monday games loving rule?

it's so they can use the phrase "sunshine state showdown" in primetime

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Carson Wentz: he’s bad

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Please loving tell me that we're gonna get to witness Drew Brees' Marino-Jaguars game but stretched out over an entire season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like Dak Prescott

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
drat the Eagles won't even commit to a backup QB for Wentz.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

If Milano and Edwards are still out then the Bills will get absolutely destroyed this week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JeffMillerLAT/status/1308444418890850304?s=19

Agh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mega64 posted:

Hey would you look at that Daniel Jones is absolute garbage who coulda seen that coming

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Wilson's tip drill int apparently moved him from 1st to 5th. Garbage rear end stat. So called advanced stats have no place in NFL

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ok I finally saw the onside kick and it's even dumber then the descriptions

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

EmbryoSteve posted:

Wilson's tip drill int apparently moved him from 1st to 5th. Garbage rear end stat. So called advanced stats have no place in NFL

Hey man, when he makes a bad decision on a pass, that's on him.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mega64 posted:

quote:

Jackson was effective when throwing to his left or down the middle, but not to his right, where he went 7-of-11 for only 63 yards and three first downs.

The gently caress do they consider effective

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kalli posted:

Hey man, when he makes a bad decision on a pass, that's on him.

Another issue with interpreting football stats.

There's so many issues that goes into why an INT happens that to just chalk it down after the fact and judge a QB by it is ridiculous. My crusade against football stats, the worst stats out of all professional sports, will never end until we have someone literally go over every single play with play calls from both teams.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Doltos posted:

Another issue with interpreting football stats.

There's so many issues that goes into why an INT happens that to just chalk it down after the fact and judge a QB by it is ridiculous. My crusade against football stats, the worst stats out of all professional sports, will never end until we have someone literally go over every single play with play calls from both teams.

I agree. There is no better test for a football player than the eye test.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's actually good Herbert threw that pick, an essay

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Maybe we just need the stats to be even more advanced.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think its pretty easy to say Olsen bungled that pass and is 100% responsible for that INT. I get sports want to be as objective as the types of stats they use, and seeing who's fault it is is a judgment / subjective one, but... cmon.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

The gently caress do they consider effective

also DYAR is a counting stat so the fact that they were able to get defensive stops in the fourth quarter and basically calling pass plays didn't help.

I don't think Lamar really lit it up Sunday but he got the early lead, moved the chains, no turnovers. also still adjusting to life post-Yanda

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector 34 posted:

Maybe we just need the stats to be even more advanced.

Ideally you have every single play analyzed with both play calls from both teams so you know if it's a route issue, read issue, or throw issue. You also need reasonable doubt picks, as in the one Marcus Peters pulled off this past week where he literally spider manned backwards for it which is barely the fault of the QB. In the same vein we need to stop congratulating QBs for huge dump offs. They're not getting those yards, their receivers are, but people don't care when analyzing based off of stats.

Basically what I'm saying is not all turnovers are created equal. Not all yards are created equal.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Posting Ben Baldwin again:

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1308455107844075520

I like the 2nd one here, because Jets are pulling a Dolphins.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Agree that both teams need to write their plays down on a sheet after the play like its chess so we can see.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Kalli posted:

Second one shows what we all know to be true; nfc west = nfc best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted: