Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
But it's covered in :siren:BEES:siren: and I don't know what to do. My conservationist/environmentalist goddaughter tells me, "We need to save the bees!" but she also runs away in fear if a bee flys by.
I forgot I had a backyard and now I got this giant SHURB in the backyard and it looks dumb as gently caress and messy. I needa saw it down, but it is legit covered in bees harvesting sweet sweet pollen. I don't wanna kill da bees but I needa cut that bush down. IDK WHAT TO DO

Also, there is like...hella spiders building webs from the shed to the bush so I walk into them and then I get all webbed up and it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Incite the Bee-Spider Hellwar

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You might be able to find local beekeeping people who will safely take the hive somewhere else but the cost on that ranges from free to hundreds. It's good to not gently caress the bees up, they're important.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sounds like your bush is supporting a variety of native wildlife. maybe just plant some flowers around it or something and pretend you put it there on purpose

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
thought you were talking about pubes

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
can't trim my pubes, they"re covered in bees

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You might be able to find local beekeeping people who will safely take the hive somewhere else but the cost on that ranges from free to hundreds. It's good to not gently caress the bees up, they're important.
There aint no hive! Just hecka flyin bees gathering pollem from this big ol bush

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ask them to stop, op

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

heh. time for a GOON BEE KILLER PROJECt . This is what you do .. you build a FLAMETHROWER!! BURN THOSE USELESS STING BITCHES

just kidding that's a parady post imitating an old school threadposter

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
can you just wait until there aren't any bees there?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Cut the bush down at night, those freeloading bees can find another person to mooch off of

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm waiting for Winter to put a few more nails into my roof facia, because there's a big paper wasp nest up in there.

Maybe wait until it gets cold to trim your bush.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City posted:

ask them to stop, op

Im in it.

Dear Watson posted:

Cut the bush down at night, those freeloading bees can find another person to mooch off of
Theres still the issue of :siren: the spiders :siren:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Maybe just ignore the bush entirely OP, it ain't doing any harm

Also maybe ignore the spiders too, they eat things that aren't as good or cool as bees like stinkbugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMQ40qVzm58&t=10s

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

from the shed to the bush

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
If they start acting up just punch them in their little bee balls OP

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Every bee is precious I'm not kidding

Tell your little relative to suck it up

Oh well

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I reread the op and YOU need to leave it alone please. 2020 is so bad already and what if this is the tipping point of total bee collapse in your area? The fate of AGRICULTURE could bee in your hands.

Please leave it bee. :pray:

Let us sing:

Let it bee
Let it bee-e
Yea
Let it bee

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Honestly the easiest solution is wait for winter to cut the bush down. Problem solves itself.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

The bees need that bush for nectar or they wouldn't be on it all day. Bee-friendly plants are very commonly planted on purpose. In my climate, bees can be typically seen on sage, hawthorn, and lavender plants, alongside hummingbirds.

Don't cut down the bush. They only flower seasonally, so the bees will depart in due time.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Is setting the whole thing on fire an option?
If it were me and that wasn't an option I'd look at the things preventing that being an option and make it a priority to remove those things, then set it all on fire

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Slightly related does anyone who how to find wasp/yellow jacket nests like our OP here they're invading my chicken coop which needs some maintenance and I can't find where to point the fire to kill them all.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
if you need an actual solution then it is to wait until after the first freeze (assuming your area freezes) and then do your cutting/trimming. the bees will be done with the bush and the spiders will have moved to hibernation or died. if your area does not freeze you can check with local botanists to get the pollination calendar for your area. wait until after the pollination season for that bush and then cut it. the spiders will have to be told to stuff it but spiders tend to be made of fairly stern stuff so i wouldn't worry about them. cutting the bush after pollination will not harm the bees, they don't have much memory of this sort of thing so next season they'll just go elsewhere.

if this is a trap and I fell into it then u should rip off their beecocks op

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Me too, OP -- and I also have a plant in the backyard I need to take care of!

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009
Wait a week? Its almost winter, well, not a week, but anyway

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EorayMel posted:

Maybe just ignore the bush entirely OP, it ain't doing any harm

Also maybe ignore the spiders too, they eat things that aren't as good or cool as bees like stinkbugs

This is the problem to begin with! Last year it was like 3 foot bush. Now it's about 10 feet tall and wide and idk what happened ?! The spiders are of the black and brown possibly widow variety. I leave em alone to hopefully catch da BEES

Spinz posted:

Every bee is precious I'm not kidding

Tell your little relative to suck it up

Oh well

Shes the one who tells me to take care of the bees. Shes just really scared of being stung so she'll run inside and tell us not to kill bees (when i go over to her house for a social distance visit)

Coolguye posted:

if you need an actual solution then it is to wait until after the first freeze (assuming your area freezes) and then do your cutting/trimming. the bees will be done with the bush and the spiders will have moved to hibernation or died. if your area does not freeze you can check with local botanists to get the pollination calendar for your area. wait until after the pollination season for that bush and then cut it. the spiders will have to be told to stuff it but spiders tend to be made of fairly stern stuff so i wouldn't worry about them. cutting the bush after pollination will not harm the bees, they don't have much memory of this sort of thing so next season they'll just go elsewhere.

if this is a trap and I fell into it then u should rip off their beecocks op

I live in Southern California! Half the state is literally on fire! The coldest I've seen it drop is 55 degress lmao

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Get a bodygroom OP

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Get a bodygroom OP

:hmmyes:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I was a zookeeper in my first career until I misunderstood what an apiary was for

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Spinz posted:

I reread the op and YOU need to leave it alone please. 2020 is so bad already and what if this is the tipping point of total bee collapse in your area? The fate of AGRICULTURE could bee in your hands.

Please leave it bee. :pray:

Let us sing:

Let it bee
Let it bee-e
Yea
Let it bee

i agree, let these bees live, you slouch! they need our help to defeat the capitalists and you would see them struggle on your own lands. they give you flowers and titillations yet you repay them with ruin. nothing but a feudal lord you are!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The bush is what needs to die. It just happens bees buzz around there. Also im lazy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
have a gender reveal party OP

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Chinatown posted:

lol

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Chinatown posted:

i think this is a good idea, you can have cupcakes

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Remember to serve lots of soda so the bees have something to drink.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Lemme know if anyone is pregnant currently or in the future

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Chinatown posted:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Clearly you need to plant a bigger and smellier bush for the bees to move over to, then you can cut the first bush down.

Realtalk if you're in the suburbs just cut it down, there's plenty of other plants for bees to feed on. Unless you're out in the middle of the desert and you have the only flower bush for miles, the bees will be fine.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Look, i dont wanna deal with the widows either :colbert:

Also i need a chainsaw. Small electrical one will work because gently caress going in there with shears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I got a bigger and smellier bush you can borrow