Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Dark Souls so gray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I don’t know where the gently caress I’m going to put this thing. My tv extends the length of my tv stand so I can’t stand it up next to it. The thing is to thick to put in front of my tv. My only two options are one of the slots under my tv but the back of the tv isn’t open so I worry about heat. The last option is just sitting it on the ground which sucks. Might be time to upgrade the TV stand.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'm gonna put it in the floor and pray daily that my rabbit doesn't do stupid poo poo to it

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

goblin week posted:

I'm gonna put it in the floor and pray daily that my rabbit doesn't do stupid poo poo to it

I'm suddenly very interested in how having a rabbit in your house works. Do they know where to poop, do you feel like they enjoy your company.
Sorry for the derail.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I'm going to put my Playstation 5 gaming console (which is the 5th generation of playstation Sony has released btw) either next to my TV, or maybe on the open shelf under it, as there is plenty of room for either option. I hope everyone else finds the space to position their "PS5" (as some call it) in a convenient location.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't have enough room on the dresser I keep my TV on top of for the PS5, and I'll probably need to reinforce the loving floor underneath wherever I put it like it's a loving Van Halen concert

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The Dual sense IS included with the console right? I noticed in the op as an accessory but not in the "what's in the box" section.

Huh, where's the... Wait, no controller? Oh, I get it. It's next gen, right. Ok uh, "PS5 turn on!" Hm. "PS5, activate?" What am I doing asking it, it's my console, be more assertive Lobok, geez. "LISTEN TO ME NOW, PLAYSTATION FIVE. COMMENCE GAMING."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am looking at my finances and seeing what the cheapest apartment I can get to put the PS5 in is, plus the fastest + longest HDMI cable so it reaches my current place.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sitting down for a long breakfast with my partner to tell them not to agitate or anger the PS5.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

VideoGames posted:

I am looking at my finances and seeing what the cheapest apartment I can get to put the PS5 in is, plus the fastest + longest HDMI cable so it reaches my current place.

I'm just praying to the video game gods that I can actually GET one of these. I'm legit worried that I won't be able to get a PS5 on launch day.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a shelf in my TV stand that's currently occupied by physical media that I can't remember ever the last time any of it was used, so that will be symbolically cleared off and replaced with a PS5 Digital. I will have to cut holes in the stand for cable runs but it's an old and cheap Ikea piece so that's not a big deal.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

My PS5 will go next to my PC that's also hooked up to my TV. I think the PS5 will dwarf the pc though!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does the PS4/5 need line of sight to connect to the controllers or can it be hidden in something? My PS4 is out in the open now so I've never thought about it but I'm moving to a place that has cabinets and I'm probably gonna try to hide the PS5 if I can.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please just give me a Gran Turismo 7 release date. I'll buy the PS5 when that happens.

Spoiler alert: It'll be when the PS6 is already announced.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Has there been any word on more preorders since Sony made that statement about how bad the first run went?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hobo Clown posted:

Does the PS4/5 need line of sight to connect to the controllers or can it be hidden in something? My PS4 is out in the open now so I've never thought about it but I'm moving to a place that has cabinets and I'm probably gonna try to hide the PS5 if I can.

No, but you'll probably have to connect them over USB at one point or another so don't make the console *too* hard to get at.

Also a totally enclosed space would risk overheating it

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

haveblue posted:

No, but you'll probably have to connect them over USB at one point or another so don't make the console *too* hard to get at.

Also a totally enclosed space would risk overheating it

It would be easy to access for charging purposes but you're right that it might overheat in there. Maybe I'll get used to looking at it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DO IT TO IT posted:

Has there been any word on more preorders since Sony made that statement about how bad the first run went?

No, Sony said there would be more over the next few days, but that has yet to happen.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

VideoGames posted:

YOOOOOOOooooooo I am stokkkeedddd! :D
(I am not pre-ordering, I am waiting till after release because I have a wedding to pay for first!)

I hope pre-ordering your wedding was easier than pre-ordering the PlayStation 5.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m really excited for this thing. To think that during the launch period there will be Asscreed, Watch Dogs, Demon Souls, Spider-Man Remastered + Miles, Yakuza 7, updates for Control and Witcher 3, and going into 2021 we get Hitman 3.

Add to that my PS4 library? This is like the polar opposite of the usual dire launch period. I’m gonna be swimming in poo poo to play!

I even invested in a 4K tv and some UHD movies to throw on. I’m ready for the future.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can't wait to play Bluepoint's remake of Bloodborne on PS6.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DO IT TO IT posted:

Target got some more for a bit yesterday

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kanonvandekempen posted:

I'm suddenly very interested in how having a rabbit in your house works. Do they know where to poop, do you feel like they enjoy your company.
Sorry for the derail.

This is the PS5 thread, son, there ain't no such thing as a derail. :clint:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kanonvandekempen posted:

Sorry for the derail.

They will not know where to poop, so you gotta be prepared for that, but rabbits are basically just calm not rear end in a top hat cats.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Counterpoint: The assholery of cats is 90% of their appeal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lumpy posted:

I'm going to put my Playstation 5 gaming console (which is the 5th generation of playstation Sony has released btw) either next to my TV, or maybe on the open shelf under it, as there is plenty of room for either option. I hope everyone else finds the space to position their "PS5" (as some call it) in a convenient location.

imagine how hardcore our console feng shui thread synergy will be after PS5 Warhawk is announced

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

Cats will come to you for attention and affection too. Rabbits will not do this. Cats are a lot more social. With rabbits you pick and choose when and where they poop on you. Cats you dont have a say.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

imagine how hardcore our console feng shui thread synergy will be after PS5 Warhawk is announced

It would be unstoppable. :blastu:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CottonWolf posted:

Counterpoint: The assholes of cats is 90% of their appeal.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

kanonvandekempen posted:

Sorry for the derail.

My lil guy knows where to poop, he's litterbox-trained! :) He lives in a cage that's in the corner of my room. It's permanently open so he usually roams around, though since he's afraid of stepping of smooth parquet surfaces, it's limited to the place I put down a rug. So like a 3x2 meter area. The smooth floor behavior is more often happening in smaller breeds. He's also quite skittish for a rabbit, likely to raise up from sleep at an instant whenever he hears stuff like opening a bottle of pepsi or your bones creaking while you walk. He usually keeps his distance from me, having his own spots in the room which he changes depending on where I am in a given moment. Usually just close enough from you so that he gets to watch you, bu not close enough that you'll be able to pet him at your leisure. He doesn't mind pets, though, is just more likely to come and ask for them. Also he likes chewing on soft things more than wood, so blankets, sweatpants, and the sofa is the bigger risk than regular furniture.
I think that in the end, he'll always be a bit afraid of me, though it feels closer to how some people involuntarily flinch if you raise a hand near them. I've seen more social rabbits. Like the majority of them. Sometimes, though, when I watch TV in the evenings, he'll jump up on the sofa, and either flop next to me, or push his head under my hand to get some head rubs. And in moments like this, the bond with a rabbit who is naturally predisposed to panic and fear at sight of anything bigger than them, feels just as valid as any other.

Plus whenever you fall asleep on the couch after breakfast this is the face that will wake you up

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

He's adorable!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Also he made me remove the metal bits from the capacitor buttons because pressing them with his nose and watching the disc pop out was the most fun activity for him. I hope the PS5 has regular buttons

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Cats will come to you for attention and affection too. Rabbits will not do this. Cats are a lot more social. With rabbits you pick and choose when and where they poop on you. Cats you dont have a say.

I said come in! posted:

They will not know where to poop, so you gotta be prepared for that, but rabbits are basically just calm not rear end in a top hat cats.

Both incorrect! Meet Cleopatra, my extremely friendly, comes-when-she's-called, litter trained tripod wonderbun.

Having rabbits is great. You need to make an effort to understand them and interpret their behaviour but they are incredibly intelligent and stupid cute.

and people seem to love this one: she will do 'phantom scratches' when she needs humans to scratch the side of her face that she can't reach with her missing hind leg:

https://i.imgur.com/V5YqoDz.mp4

gosh the ps5 and rabbits can we keep the thread like this for a bit it's my two favourite things rn

edit: I would NOT trust a rabbit with the ps5 on the ground. rabbit memes are rarely good but seeing cords called 'spicy hay' on the rabbit sub never fails to amuse me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Walrus posted:

Both incorrect! Meet Cleopatra, my extremely friendly, comes-when-she's-called, litter trained tripod wonderbun.

Having rabbits is great. You need to make an effort to understand them and interpret their behaviour but they are incredibly intelligent and stupid cute.

I stand corrected! You're gonna need to do more bun pics though more often. Rabbits are great and I really want one but we currently have a dog, which doesnt rule out a rabbit too, but one pet is enough for now.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Oh nooo, the phantom scratches thing is so cute and so sad at the same time :(

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
don't worry honestly she is unbelievably capable and fast. here she is rearranging her maze so the corners allow for greater speed and then taking the heck off. Also observe how jacked her one leg is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rabbits/comments/idvxil/cleo_adjusts_her_maze_into_a_speed_course_and/

ok I'll stop now :)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I just successfully ordered an Xbox Series X...

TO GO gently caress ITSELF

CAUSE I'M SONY 4LYFE

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm just gonna pivot my Switch dock 90 degrees and my PS5 will fit fine next to my absolutely garbage TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
So far this thread has taught me rabbits are cuter and more fulfilling than a PS5. They also probably fit in an entertainment center much easier.