Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

The source is a 4chan post lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

This isn’t happening

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Well since the TikTok deal fell through, there's some spare coin lying around so why not ayy

Gotta be a shitpost though

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Series X was back in stock on Best Buy for a moment. Placed an order with zero issues, latency, anything. got confirmation

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
When I read through that and saw 4chan as a source, I just laughed my rear end off.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

butt dickus posted:

the joycons are bad and imo the switch is nearly unplayable without the pro controller. i haven't had any issues with the reliability on any of my controllers on the 3 platforms. the ds4's dpad has greatly frustrated me in tetris effect because it's so goddamn mushy

i have a lite, i find it fine to play its just the build quality on the sticks im wary of.

joycons have a severe fault in every model, they will drift, it is a when not if. xbone pads its more of an if but they have had a higher rate of stick faults since the 360 and its still not been fixed for some reason. ds4 dpad is good.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

zenintrude posted:

This isn’t happening

Would make more sense to buy CDPR.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Storm One posted:

Then they would own GoG and that would be weird

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the horizontal acquisition anti trust questions begin to arise if microsoft starts buying distribution platforms

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Storm One posted:

Wouldn't CDPR cost astronomically more than Sega at this point?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm mad I didn't pre order an X so that I can flip it for double on launch day.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
If it means the older Sega franchise get their rear end in gear I'd be all for it (looking at you, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, an actual good Sonic game).

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
While I appreciate the effort, that doesn't really make much sense since Halo Infinite will be finished long before Bethesda releases any Xbox/PC exclusive titles.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

American McGay posted:

While I appreciate the effort, that doesn't really make much sense since Halo Infinite will be finished long before Bethesda releases any Xbox/PC exclusive titles.

finished as in released in some form or finished as in the game is actually finished

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
https://twitter.com/crazyalex360/status/1308387043853111297?s=20

OK, I'm on board now.

(not really but it is very funny)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zerot posted:

https://twitter.com/crazyalex360/status/1308387043853111297?s=20

OK, I'm on board now.

(not really but it is very funny)

https://twitter.com/Toastyholmes/status/1308434359914037248

:thunk:

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Arkage posted:

If it means the older Sega franchise get their rear end in gear I'd be all for it (looking at you, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, an actual good Sonic game).
I thought PSO was coming to Xbox? Or do you mean 4? I bought a Mega SG to play that and the Shining Force games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if xbox get the keys to the yakuza kingdom i'm legit gonna cry

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're not even close to the same shade but I can't tell if Twitter guy is crazy or trolling.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus, for a bad dead console no one wants (pc gaming and Sony 4eva amirite?) it sure was a pain in the rear end to get a preorder.

butt dickus posted:

I thought PSO was coming to Xbox? Or do you mean 4? I bought a Mega SG to play that and the Shining Force games.

Pretty sure PSO is coming out for Xbox still.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

butt dickus posted:

Yea the old style jRPGs. And it doesn't necessarily need to be PS, just bring back Reiko Kodama to make another exclusive AAA RPG like she did with Skies of Arcadia. She's one of the most wasted talents from the Sega years IMO and someone needs to throw money at her to make a game.

And yes PSO2 is out for Xbox/PC and probably Xbox Series X, thanks to MS throwing money at that game to bring it over here when nobody else would. They're also putting out some sort of revamp, "New Genesis." I hope they keep it up with Sega IP. Honestly they should've bought Sega during the OG Xbox days.

Arkage fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 22, 2020

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shinzo abe would never have let this happen. japan must re-militarize immediately

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
You can play Phantasy Star 2 and Phantasy Star Online 2 on your Xbox One right now.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if xbox get the keys to the yakuza kingdom i'm legit gonna cry

If this means a remaster of either Skies of Arcadia or Jet Set Radio Future, I am okay with it. Couldn’t give a poo poo about Sonic.

Clark
Mar 22, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Series X was back in stock on Best Buy for a moment. Placed an order with zero issues, latency, anything. got confirmation

Same here, took some clicking but was able to get a preoder in without to much issue, especially compared to my attempts around 11:00.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Jesus, for a bad dead console no one wants (pc gaming and Sony 4eva amirite?) it sure was a pain in the rear end to get a preorder.

didnt the xbone preorders also sell through lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

u forgot nintendo

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
The Shock Blue Xbox Series X/S controller is five dollars more than the standard controller. $64.99. Sega was formed in 1964. What could it all mean?

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Shock-Blue-one/dp/B08DFB488B/

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

PSO2 is supposedly getting some kind of facelift next year. It’s a weird game and I think I’d enjoy it way more on the couch rather than in front of my PC.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Storm One posted:

Pretty sure they've said they're not looking to be bought, but it's not like those statements really mean anything

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
After about a full minute of hammering the pre order button I finally made it through on best buy. Opted for their financing option since all access is still not working.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Zerot posted:

The Shock Blue Xbox Series X/S controller is five dollars more than the standard controller. $64.99. Sega was formed in 1964. What could it all mean?

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Shock-Blue-one/dp/B08DFB488B/

Thanks, bought my special edition sega controller.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't wait to buy Skyrim on my new console

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

RealFoxy posted:

I can't wait to buy Skyrim on my new console

Just buy gamepass and stream it to your phone on the toilet

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is there an article with good info on the lower latency of controller inputs on the Series X that Microsoft is claiming? Or is it all unsourced snake oil like cloud computing?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Pirate Jet posted:

Is there an article with good info on the lower latency of controller inputs on the Series X that Microsoft is claiming? Or is it all unsourced snake oil like cloud computing?
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-latency/

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Hm. This seems cool and all, but it sounds like the Elite controller I was hoping to carry over from using with my One X isn’t going to take advantage of this new stuff. What a bummer. I guess there’ll be a Series 3 soon enough.

vvv Oh. Dope.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

Hm. This seems cool and all, but it sounds like the Elite controller I was hoping to carry over from using with my One X isn’t going to take advantage of this new stuff. What a bummer. I guess there’ll be a Series 3 soon enough.

Xbox One controllers will get a firmware update for DLI.