Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I've been playing a lot of Hades and Slay the Spire recently and they are a lot of fun. just had a sick run with the adamant rail recently where I got both the shotgun and exploding bullets mods which absolutely shredded through everything in the game :smugbird: I like hearing about other people's godly runs so post about em here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

spelunky 2 is out and i cant play it because i dont have the ps4 with me fuuuuuu. probably gonna try and go for a no gold run on the 1st game while i wait for it to come out on pc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hades kicks rear end but I can’t get past the third boss yet. My last attempt I killed one of them and got the other down to about a quarter health before dying.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hades kicks rear end but I can’t get past the third boss yet. My last attempt I killed one of them and got the other down to about a quarter health before dying.

That's the exact roadblock I'm hitting now too. I've gotten so close the past few times I make it up there

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Just finished a run where I made it to the boss of asphodel without using my weapon once. First boon was Poseidon’s dash that does damage and knockback, second boon was Poseidon again with knocked back enemies take extra damage when they move, and I was clearing entire floors just by spam dashing and knocking enemies around. Then Hermes showed up and gave me +3 dash charges :getin:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
just bought hades today and GF is goin out of town for a couple of weeks. its time to game

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Just finished a run where I made it to the boss of asphodel without using my weapon once. First boon was Poseidon’s dash that does damage and knockback, second boon was Poseidon again with knocked back enemies take extra damage when they move, and I was clearing entire floors just by spam dashing and knocking enemies around. Then Hermes showed up and gave me +3 dash charges :getin:

thats epic

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

first win, leveled up doom on shield special with a +4 chain was so sick lol. coupled with weak on dash landing and extra dash i just melted every single boss and didn't worry about damage as much

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I didn't really like Bastion but I'm tempted by Hades because it looks more interesting to me.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Between Hades, Slay the Spire, and Risk of Rain 2, and hell spelunky 2 even though i haven’t played it, we’re truly in a golden age of fun roguelikes.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Monster Train is another fun run-based game that I highly recommend, but the comparison to Slay the Spire doesn't do it a ton of favors. It is a good deck builder, but very different. Hades 1.0 is hype and I can't wait to play weapons besides shield of chaos

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tawal posted:

Monster Train is another fun run-based game that I highly recommend, but the comparison to Slay the Spire doesn't do it a ton of favors. It is a good deck builder, but very different. Hades 1.0 is hype and I can't wait to play weapons besides shield of chaos

yeah monster train kicks rear end too, i enjoy it a lot more than spire. the new heroes they just added are really friggin' good and i like the new bosses a lot too. i still think the game needs more content but it feels a lot more varied than it did at launch and the core mechanics are good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

monster train is fun and not really much like sts imo, except there's cards. one thing that's nice about monster train is if you have a bad run you end up dying pretty quick in my experience, instead ol like in sts where you can keep limping along until the middle of the 3rd area and you die after 30 minutes. fun game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

also none of these games are roguelikes. gently caress you all :gun: :fuckfox: :lizard: :tbear:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

SpaceAceJase posted:

I didn't really like Bastion but I'm tempted by Hades because it looks more interesting to me.

Hades is fun to me and I never got into any previous Supergiant games fwiw

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
this is by far the greatest treasure rougelike there is

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

Hades is fun to me and I never got into any previous Supergiant games fwiw

Same.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

thank you

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

also none of these games are roguelikes. gently caress you all :gun: :fuckfox: :lizard: :tbear:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hades nuts.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Hades wiould be godlike if they changed it so two people could play together online like Diablo.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fartlancer posted:

i remember that game being hard when i was 4

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is there a way to tell what weapons I've got diamonds from? other than using all of them again

I've just been using whatever weapon is glowing purple every time

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is there a way to tell what weapons I've got diamonds from? other than using all of them again

I've just been using whatever weapon is glowing purple every time

If you have aspects unlocked, you can open that menu and it'll show you the highest heat completed. Otherwise, there's a row below the door when selecting heat modifiers for the pact of punishment that'll show whether or not you have the rewards from boss fights with that weapon at that heat level.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Keep on uninstalling and reinstalling Monster Train because there's so much randomness and customization it's hard to tell if I'm getting better or just getting lucky.

When your deck clicks it really fuckin clicks tho.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got slay the spire with game pass and I can't believe I slept on this for so long. Wow its good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Made it out of Elysium and all the way to the final boss, could’ve beaten it too if I hadn’t tried to save up my Athena Call at the end instead of just using one bar at a time

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fartlancer posted:

this

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fartlancer posted:

:frogon:

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i killed them the first time i got to them then never again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Maya Fey posted:

i killed them the first time i got to them then never again

Since posting that I’ve killed them twice and gotten to the second phase of the final boss both times

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hades is amazing

Zeus's boon that makes your collectible cast ammo zap nearby dudes (while it's sitting on the ground uncollected), + the one that gives lightning effects a secondary status for more damage, resulted in me accidentally killing Theseus before the Minotaur just by throwing out attacks and not even looking at him. Also going for a shitload of money every run and then buying everything right before the last boss feels awesome

Got a 3-win streak going but now I'm scared of doing the added difficulty stuff

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Dongicus posted:

spelunky 2 is out and i cant play it because i dont have the ps4 with me fuuuuuu. probably gonna try and go for a no gold run on the 1st game while i wait for it to come out on pc.

It's so so good. I havent played anything else since I got it last week.

Hades is extremely cool, definitely worth trying even if you hated Bastion like me. I got to the final boss when I was playing maybe 5 months ago or something but they have probably added a bunch of stuff since then, I should play some more. I only stopped playing bc the last boss killed me when he had a tiny sliver of health left and it made me upset

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Even after beating them a few times the 3rd boss is scary as hell. I've only recently gotten to the point where I can reliably kill them without having to use a death's defiance charge.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
playing local 3 person spelunky 2 co-op and it's so much fun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

playing local 3 person spelunky 2 co-op and it's so much fun

Can't get a 4th? Lol, loving loser.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can't get a 4th? Lol, loving loser.

honestly even 3 person seems dangerous during these global pandemic times so i respect his commitment to correct social distancing in his large midwestern style house's lounge room as featured in every kinect commercial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
saw that little dude dashing in my sleep last night