Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

finished clearing out the basement last night. shifting sands and lethal lava land still kick rear end, they pack a bunch of good platformng into these tiny levels, and hazy maze is maybe still my favorite level. 74 stars down, next up is snowman land, wet-dry world, tall tall mountain, and tiny-huge island.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Fungah! posted:

finished clearing out the basement last night. shifting sands and lethal lava land still kick rear end, they pack a bunch of good platformng into these tiny levels, and hazy maze is maybe still my favorite level. 74 stars down, next up is snowman land, wet-dry world, tall tall mountain, and tiny-huge island.

its such a good and different gamer feel to have cleared everything up before moving on upstairs. although it was also cool back in the day to jump between worlds, trying to get to the minimum star requirement to progress.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
gamer shame, spent a while punching the monkey who takes your hat on tall tall mountain before realizing there's a different monkey on top of the mountain that breaks the cage

three more courses to go, I don't think I ever beat Rainbow Ride or Tick Tock legit as a kid

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Trick Cock Shock.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mario ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

figuring out the trick to wet dry land made me feel like a genius when I was a kid. One of my fave 64 memories.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm constantly leaking cold piss

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
whent ahead and bought 3D allstars cuz i know i'll want to play galaxy 1 with a sane control scheme somewhere down the line. upscaled sunshine will be cool too

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
still dont even have half the stars in galaxy 2 yet though, i believe (at something like 108). onward!!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I collected 100 coins on cold cold mountain but I got the 100yh on the slide and the star despawned...

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I collected 100 coins on cold cold mountain but I got the 100yh on the slide and the star despawned...

same thing happened to me lol

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
don't make the same mistake on tall tall mountain slide fellas. slide safe, slide first

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

still dont even have half the stars in galaxy 2 yet though, i believe (at something like 108). onward!!

Is galaxy 2 on the switch? Your posting tricked me into thinking that it was in the 3d collection

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Is galaxy 2 on the switch? Your posting tricked me into thinking that it was in the 3d collection

no, my bad. I'm playing it on my Wii U, jank rear end motion controls and all.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
anyways im nearing the end of world S and I see a galaxy called Boss Blitz Galaxy :gonk:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mycophobia posted:

anyways im nearing the end of world S and I see a galaxy called Boss Blitz Galaxy :gonk:

stay safe gamer

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

i was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a galaxy 1 boss rush. gotta do it again though cuz i didnt find the comet medal

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

when I was a kid I got the hundred coin star in bob-omb battlefield in the middle of the loving sky, before I got the flight cap, and the experience pained me so badly that I never made the same mistake again

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
not having a good time trying to get through sunshine so far. tho i just played a lil docked with a pro controller and being just that bit more comfy helps

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I just got the sombrero + poncho and I already feel more powerful

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
just got 120 stars in SMG2. i really like this green star idea, assuming it's just a hidden green star somewhere among each of the regular stars' stages. looks like a lot of fun

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
theyre good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Get ready to use the patented eyes and ears method.

Step 1) Use your eyes.
Step 2) Use your ears.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The Milkman posted:

not having a good time trying to get through sunshine so far. tho i just played a lil docked with a pro controller and being just that bit more comfy helps

pro controller + sitting close to tv is a must

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im very relieved to learn you're not supposed to race the ghost luigis

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Trying to figure out how to get a flying hat in bomb world for the next star. Will probably move on to the next level soon. Got my stars already and scour levels later

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Trying to figure out how to get a flying hat in bomb world for the next star. Will probably move on to the next level soon. Got my stars already and scour levels later
There is one directly ahead of you when you start the level lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah I found the box but can’t find the button to make it hit table

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Do another level

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

top floor finished, all thats left is the tower and gay bowser. wet dry world always pissed me off but it wasnt that bad to me this time through. tiny huge island kicks rear end though, it's such a fun gimmick. 104 stars and i'm gettin nervous about rainbow ride

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

top floor finished, all thats left is the tower and gay bowser. wet dry world always pissed me off but it wasnt that bad to me this time through. tiny huge island kicks rear end though, it's such a fun gimmick. 104 stars and i'm gettin nervous about rainbow ride
I remember liking Tiny Huge Island a lot but playing it this time I loving hated Tiny Island. Thankfully you don't really go to it much and Huge Island owns.

On 65 stars now, which is cool because a friend's uncle in school had a Nintendo 65.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

About 90 stars in SM64 now, starting to get into the difficult ones. I had a hard time with Rematch with Koopa the Quick and climbing the loving snowman for some reason

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

About 90 stars in SM64 now, starting to get into the difficult ones. I had a hard time with Rematch with Koopa the Quick and climbing the loving snowman for some reason

that fuckin backwards shimmy the penguin does got me like three times and every time i got one step closer to a perfectly calm freakout

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

that fuckin backwards shimmy the penguin does got me like three times and every time i got one step closer to a perfectly calm freakout

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Calm freakout is well known to all gamers

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Calling my PlayStation a oval office like John Lithgow in dexter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

same thing happened to me lol

oh lol the same thing happeneed to me on tall tall mountain but i got real lucky and was able to backwards hop my way back to it with my heart in my throat the whole time. i hated the 100 coin stars when i was a kid but they're actually really cool, the last like 20 coins in any level are so stressful