Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Weedle posted:

is there an anime high school visual novel that’s just a pure psychological drama/thriller with no fantasy stuff? like flowers of evil or something

not actually correct but: lain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

HelloSailorSign posted:

I haven't even gotten to the part of fixing cars in earnest, I usually wind up dying before I get the 2nd mechanics skill given all the other stuff I feel I need to do first. Perhaps that's different in multiplayer, I've never done that before. Waiting for B41 to go MP.

i like it! our group has ~5 people and thank goodness 2 of them feel the same way about farming and cooking as i do about going out and getting every vehicle and keeping them running

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

13 Sentinels is barely about school at all and that is just more of a backdrop that gives a good excuse for the characters to be constantly overlapping with each other. There's something super cool about having a funny conversation in the hallway about renting alien movies and then a half-hour later you're in a mech fight and they show up to help you

Like, in just the first hour of the game, you meet the third protagonist who is a soldier for the Japanese Military in 1942 who is trying to develop the Sentinels to help defeat the USA in World War 2

Also there's something super cathartic about being way into one of the side-characters who you talk to about UFO's in the hallway between classes and then a half-hour later they show up and save you in a mecha battle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sounds cool

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Statutory Ape posted:

i like it! our group has ~5 people and thank goodness 2 of them feel the same way about farming and cooking as i do about going out and getting every vehicle and keeping them running

Tbh I’m that cooking/farming guy :V

I’ve not been able to play PZ multiplayer before, so I’m excited to try it out.

Though I also like collecting cars, it’s getting them home that’s the problem.

HelloSailorSign fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 23, 2020

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I feel like I've mostly lost interest in roguelikes the last couple years but I might get Hades anyway since I like all their other games

i played a lot of roguelikes in college because my computer was bad and i didnt have money

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I managed to cut myself trying on a jacket.

I got into a fight with a jacket and lost and I didn't even know it was a fight.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

I got into a fight with a jacket and lost and I didn't even know it was a fight.

:rip:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

At least you got to jacket off

:fap:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gamefly is telling me that 13 Sentinels is still low availability, I don't know if that speaks to supply or demand

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

thats why you lost. always be prepared

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I guess technically it was the tag that cut me but it was the jacket that redirected the force of me taking the coat off into the tag slicing open my finger.

It was a tag team effort.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey does Stadia still exist?

Thanks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Hey does Stadia still exist?

Thanks

Yah still there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

http://stadiacountdown.com/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Yah still there

Gonna go chortle to myself and wait for it to go under so the people who made Journey to the Savage Planet can release another metroid prime knockoff on other platforms.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

That ID engine guy who tweeted about how crap the Xbox Series S was and how it was potentially going to drag down this generation is probably feeling a little awkward now.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I’ve decided that this is the week I rewire my brain to go from regular X and inverted Y on FPS camera controls to regular Y and regular X. I don’t even know how I ended up like this but it’s ridiculous and it needs to stop.

So far I’ve seen a lot of ground and skyboxes.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

doingitwrong posted:

I’ve decided that this is the week I rewire my brain to go from regular X and inverted Y on FPS camera controls to regular Y and regular X. I don’t even know how I ended up like this but it’s ridiculous and it needs to stop.

Here’s my patented method for fixing that problem: Get a Wii, play Okami on it.

Now, I don’t know why that happened, but I haven’t been able to play with inverted Y since. Good luck!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

why bother, inverted is the sign of a god gamer

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

i adjusted pretty quickly once i committed. the brain's malleable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know someone who played inverted X and inverted Y and a sick part of me wanted to reverse his movement controls

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It now takes me less than a minute to go from my pc controller’s “bottom button is Confirm” to the switch’s “right button is Confirm”

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

trying to relearn off of invert is a sign of weakness

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i would never be able to relearn the years of muscle memory to the same level to switch is to give up skill

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stux posted:

i would never be able to relearn the years of muscle memory to the same level to switch is to give up skill

Inflexibility is a weakness, Stux.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I remember playing demon’s souls with a buddy and we’d switch players when we died, but we’d have to change the camera settings each time too because my buddy has an abnormal brain

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

It now takes me less than a minute to go from my pc controller’s “bottom button is Confirm” to the switch’s “right button is Confirm”

I’ve mastered the A/B transition between Switch and Xbox controller but my brain is determined that X goes on the left and Y on the top and won’t hear otherwise.

Stux posted:

I’m already bad at games so no loss here.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

this feels generous

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

switching between similar games that have slightly different controls messes me up. like rear end creed odyssey, horizon, and witcher 3, which at one point i was rotating between.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gamefly is telling me that 13 Sentinels is still low availability, I don't know if that speaks to supply or demand

If you look at the game's achievements, 30% of players have gotten a platinum trophy on the game, which I think speaks to the kind of people who would be playing it and the people who are not playing it

Also man this game's fuckin cool. They're doing such a cool job of making this tangled web of stories yet all of them are interesting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got 13 sentinels its fun and the weird stuff starts happening right away
I think they hosed up in the combat though making everything a tiny blip on a ugly 3d map

Theres a weird not-gay-just-a-misunderstanding scene in chapter 2 tho that i wasnt sure if they were trying to do a joke and it didn't land or what but it felt gratuitous to me to be assured by the game that the characters are not in fact gay in 2020

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

I think they hosed up in the combat though making everything a tiny blip on a ugly 3d map

Theres a weird not-gay-just-a-misunderstanding scene in chapter 2 tho that i wasnt sure if they were trying to do a joke and it didn't land or what but it felt gratuitous to me to be assured by the game that the characters are not in fact gay in 2020

You were wrong

this game is REAL gay

Also I think the tutorial combat is weird and I agree about the blips but you unlock difficulty options after the tutorial so I'll report back after actually doing some more battles which will be never because I've got some flow charts to draw

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 23, 2020

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

That next prologue though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol can we just consign that whole generation of late 00s/early 10s artgame devs to the dustbin of history

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That guy was always kooky

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
And if you look at it from this angle you can see a Satan.

And speaking of Satan.

https://twitter.com/OnTheDownLoTho/status/1308607769138823168

Because he is the Pink Demon and he is coming to bring you to pound town.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i think i can dustbin it up by genuinely asking, who the gently caress is jason rohrer. don't answer that

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Barudak posted:

Gonna go chortle to myself and wait for it to go under so the people who made Journey to the Savage Planet can release another metroid prime knockoff on other platforms.

Lmao that the Stadia thread kicked out the obvious Google employee, and then immediately shut down because there was nothing to actually discuss except become the internet’s infinitieth iPhone vs Android slapfight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There might actually be someone playing a game using Stadia right now. Maybe.

I mean, it's possible.

I wouldn't bet on it, though.