Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The chair being driven into the jaw looks ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
A slapjack and a mace walk into a t-bar.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Woodchip posted:

A slapjack and a mace walk into a t-bar.

Why the long face, asks Ricochet.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Imagine saying this the same week we got Jason Lee and Kota Minoru vs Dragon Kid and Susumu Yokuska.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

Imagine saying this the same week we got Jason Lee and Kota Minoru vs Dragon Kid and Susumu Yokuska.

Going to guess there's been at least 10 matches this week better than whatever happened on Main Event.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dragon kid should probably be dragon man now

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dimebags Brain posted:

He means in WWE. In WWE, remember that no other promotions exist. There is only WWE in wrestling.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

dragon kid should probably be dragon man now

Dragons are very long lived.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hey I watched a clip from WOL and Bryan said they are doing a Rey Mysterio got cucked by the milkman angle, and all I gotta say is Rey is getting what he deserves for going back to WWE after they hosed him the last time.

I am super stoked for the 1.3 WWE is going to gently sink into and sit at, TNA style.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rey is a family man, he got his son a job, took presumably loads of Vince's money and gets to wrestle Buddy Murphy once a week. Seems like a good hustle to me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wouldn't be shocked if this latest twist in the story is very much guided by Rey's input. Remember Rey takes heavy amounts of credit for Dom on the pole match, and we know Vince doesn't remember what happened earlier in the week, much less ten years ago.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Everybody is laughing at T-Bar, Slapjack and Mace as names.

But wait 'til WWE puts out merch for them.

Then you'll all really be laughing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/1308738553996865537

e: in case you think hulk's full of poo poo again

https://twitter.com/THETOMMYDREAMER/status/1308744218630815749

e2:

https://twitter.com/RWAnimal/status/1308747451415830529

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 23, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well drat :smith:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Wrong place...

MACE

oh my god mace mace

you can't just ask people why they're antifa

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
60 is so young :(

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

MasterSitsu posted:

RETRIBUTION

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
drat, I posted a pic of Animal yesterday as the WCW MYSTERY MAN making fun of Retribution's attire and now he's gone. I blame Retribution.

60 is way too young to go

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
loving rear end, Animal and Gayle Sayers on the same day. 2020 is a loving dick.

At least there's now a LoD reunion in heaven.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

John Cena’s character from The Suicide Squad is getting a spin-off series for HBO Max

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh no no no

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i love how his head is nearly as big as his torso, out here lookin like modok got a job slingin apps at the applebees

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
EDIT: Ignore. Joke involved a misremembered fact

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 23, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
All these X firstname Y lastname retribution names suck. That's not even their naming scheme

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Paper Lion posted:

i love how his head is nearly as big as his torso, out here lookin like modok got a job slingin apps at the applebees

We're on the same page

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm feeling conflicted about Ali. On the one hand he is an amazing wrestler and I appreciate that he is not a whiny rear end in a top hat on Twitter, at least not the kind that blames the fans for his or WWE's lack of success.

On the other hand, he is still with WWE. So, uh, yeah. Made your own bed there, buddy.

I feel conflicted about Ali because he was going to get that Kofi push, but Kofi is my loving boy so I dont regret it much.

Also Ali would probably still be on Main Event right now if he had gotten it, lol

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Wearing zubaz to pay my respects.

(seriously.)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

why is hornswoggle boarding a subway train while on stilts

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure Slapjack, T-Bar, and Mace were all unused "tough guy" names Vince had written down in 1996. I am getting some profound "late New Gen" vibes from this, though I doubt it means better times are ahead.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That sucks about Animal. 60 is way too young. I loved the Road Warriors as a kid. Sad they're both gone now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What is the name of it when a prisoner puts a lock in their sock and then beats somebody with it? A Slock?

They should definitely name the next Retribution member Slock.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. McMahon, how do you respond to the charges that Raw ratings are down eighty percent, while heavy sock beatings are up a shocking nine hundred percent?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

We're on the same page

Lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
60 is pretty good for a guy who did as many steroids as the road warriors did

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Majinfoose posted:

We're on the same page

They are being insanely too kind to his hairline. That said... how is the food at Applebees? I've never been to one but I should next time in the US

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DogsInSpace! posted:

They are being insanely too kind to his hairline. That said... how is the food at Applebees? I've never been to one but I should next time in the US

its mediocre at best chain restaurant food at a chain people go to to drink watered down margaritas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DogsInSpace! posted:

Have you ever wanted to spend less than $10 on a steak dinner? Well now's your chance

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Intruder posted:

Have you ever wanted to spend less than $10 on a steak dinner? Well now's your chance

Applebee's really isn't even cheap. My aunt gives me $25 gift cards there for some unknown reason and when my girlfriend and I go, it always ends up being around $40-$50.

Though in college they would turn the Applebee's in Tallahassee into a night club at 9 p.m. You'd need a wristband to get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WWE friends and fans,

I hope this finds you well and in great spirits on this beautiful Wednesday. Like all corporate emails, it’s important to highlight that nothing bad is happening around us and everything is just fine. Nobody is struggling, we are all rich, etc. Let me get to the point of my letter to you all.

As you know, Retribution are the locusts of something, I forgot the line, but they are here and they do what they want. They signed their 5-year contracts, they said. Now, with that all said, the key here is they do what they want, when they want.

Please tune into AEW Dynamite tonight at 8PM Eastern Time Zone to see if they show up there and raise pure immortal hell. I have a feeling they are in the mood to do whatever they want, when they want and it’s possible they could show up there.

Please tune in to see Mase, Flapjack, and T-BAR and Girl 1 and Girl 2 on AEW tonight, maybe.

Thank you,

Not signing this post. That is against the law.