Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lobok posted:

This checks out because maybe the best chicken wings I've had were at a place called Dinosaur.

Yeah, but the only problem is that once you open the door, you immediately have to hit the deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

gently caress swan ancestor was terrifying.

...it checks out.

Nope thats how a Swan would look if we used the same imagery we use for dinosaurs based on finosaur bones. Its called skin wrapping and most paleontological drawings for years were done without acknowledgement of things like fat, feathers, musculature. So when you do the same to modern animals you can see why the depictions are so far off.

Lid fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 22, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The funny part being that hippos are even more dangerous than you'd expect the horrible monster reconstruction to be.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Crocodiles pretty much ruled freshwater and shoreline habitats for millions of years beginning with the Mesozoic, but one day they meet hippos and found the one prey animal they cannot touch.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gustav aside.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/bostonbey/status/1307861636716417025?s=19

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"racism in American"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

'It is easy to follow and the storyline makes sense' sounds like something Hollywood suits believe is genuinely hard to achieve

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Better Antebellum marketing: "Rated 27% on Rotten Tomatoes Based on 123 Reviews by Mostly White Critics".

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 22, 2020

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Better Antebellum marketing: "Rated 27% on Rotten Tomatoes Based on 123 Reviews by Mostly White Critics".

The new "Rated X by an All-White Jury," truly.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'It is easy to follow and the storyline makes sense' sounds like something Hollywood suits believe is genuinely hard to achieve

They just rrad the reviews of Tenet

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh so that's the Hollywood equivalent of HR going on Glassdoor and leaving glowing reviews with the only downside being "[company] can be fast paced and hectic, but for some people that's a positive!"

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Lid posted:

They just rrad the reviews of Tenet

I'm sure Tenet would be easy to understand if the sound mixing was good.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Ego-bot posted:

Over 70 years of film making progress!

Brutal lol

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Gustav is the concept of terror and spite made flesh rather than an animal, but otherwise this checks out.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Apparently Mel Gibson really is making a sequel to the Passion of the Christ, focusing on the resurrection. Jim Caviezal’s been talking it up recently.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can't wait for the explanation for why Jesus looks 15+ years older than he did before he died.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can't wait for the explanation for why Jesus looks 15+ years older than he did before he died.

probably because he died

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective No. 27 posted:

He did go through somewhat of a harrowing ordeal.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

He did go through somewhat of a harrowing ordeal.

Oh poo poo if he's legit doing this that means Jesus is going to hell or some such. My memory of what Jesus was up to before walking out the tomb on Sunday is hazy.

And because it's Gibson it's going to be utterly insane.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

If someone has to make Jesus Goes to Hell: The Final Passion then yeah I guess Gibson might be a reasonable choice to direct. He's a huge piece of poo poo but I only saw Apocalypto recently and who else could get the funding to get a movie like that made?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

joylessdivision posted:

Oh poo poo if he's legit doing this that means Jesus is going to hell or some such. My memory of what Jesus was up to before walking out the tomb on Sunday is hazy.

And because it's Gibson it's going to be utterly insane.

He had to spend three days in hell because God dropped the keys to the pearly gates.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Cacator posted:

If someone has to make Jesus Goes to Hell: The Final Passion then yeah I guess Gibson might be a reasonable choice to direct. He's a huge piece of poo poo but I only saw Apocalypto recently and who else could get the funding to get a movie like that made?

Apocalypto is a really good movie that I absolutely understand anyone writing off without watching, because logically it should be terrible.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He had to spend three days in hell because God dropped the keys to the pearly gates.

My awful 7th grade religion class is coming back to me. I think Jesus brought a bunch of people out of hell with him, like old testament people because apparently they were chilling in hell for reasons that escape me but were probably vaguely antisemetic now that I think about that teacher again :aaaaa:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

A movie about Jesus kicking in the doors of hell and wrecking the place up would fuckin own.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Snowman_McK posted:

Apocalypto is a really good movie that I absolutely understand anyone writing off without watching, because logically it should be terrible.

Gibson put a guy dressed like “Where’s Waldo” in a pile of dead bodies for a couple frames.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Byzantine posted:

A movie about Jesus kicking in the doors of hell and wrecking the place up would fuckin own.

Glass shattering and Jesus walks around like Stone Cold Steve Austin giving stunners to sinners and satan

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Byzantine posted:

The Harrowing of Hell Hotel is this movie where a bunch of lost souls end up in Hell, represented by a cheapo high-rise hotel with neon signs outside every window. Each of them start scheming and dreaming, seeking to reiterate the sins they committed in life. The story is told in multiple vignettes each taking place in different rooms. Each ends with a ripped Jesus kicking down the door of a hotel room, blood on his face.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Gibson put a guy dressed like “Where’s Waldo” in a pile of dead bodies for a couple frames.

I think that was only in the trailer, but i remember the story.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Byzantine posted:

All like a Platinum game

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

joylessdivision posted:

My awful 7th grade religion class is coming back to me. I think Jesus brought a bunch of people out of hell with him, like old testament people because apparently they were chilling in hell for reasons that escape me but were probably vaguely antisemetic now that I think about that teacher again :aaaaa:

It's an artifact from the Judaic roots, Jewish Orthodoxy doesn't have a Satan so it doesn't really have a Hell. It's does have a place called Sheol where the dead wait for the resurrection and judgement. Some of the older scriptures have Jesus going there to carry the souls of the just into Heaven as part of the fulfillment of his covenant but most of them were declared non-Canon at the Council of Nikea. Nowadays the only thing that mentions Jesus descending is the Apostle's Creed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

I think that was only in the trailer, but i remember the story.

Nah you’re thinking of this amazing picture

I think this is the Waldo frame.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Lid posted:

Nope thats how a Swan would look if we used the same imagery we use for dinosaurs based on finosaur bones. Its called skin wrapping and most paleontological drawings for years were done without acknowledgement of things like fat, feathers, musculature. So when you do the same to modern animals you can see why the depictions are so far off.

Oh sweet, learned something new.
Swans are still bastards though.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Harrowing of Hell Hotel is this movie where a bunch of lost souls end up in Hell, represented by a cheapo high-rise hotel with neon signs outside every window. Each of them start scheming and dreaming, seeking to reiterate the sins they committed in life. The story is told in multiple vignettes each taking place in different rooms. Each ends with a ripped Jesus kicking down the door of a hotel room, blood on his face.

Its cannon that Jesus was partial to some violence.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's an artifact from the Judaic roots, Jewish Orthodoxy doesn't have a Satan so it doesn't really have a Hell. It's does have a place called Sheol where the dead wait for the resurrection and judgement. Some of the older scriptures have Jesus going there to carry the souls of the just into Heaven as part of the fulfillment of his covenant but most of them were declared non-Canon at the Council of Nikea. Nowadays the only thing that mentions Jesus descending is the Apostle's Creed.

There we go! Like I said, my memory was very hazy and in retrospect that teacher had some real bad opinions about other religions that weren't Catholicism.

Nothing like being told everyone is basically hosed to suffer in hell because Whoops, you didn't get signed up with the Catholics!

I for one am all for Jesus whipping some asses while turning the other cheek to spit one liners.

gently caress now I just want to watch Last Temptation of Christ again, mostly because Defoe as Jesus loving owns.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Nowadays the only thing that mentions Jesus descending is the Apostle's Creed.

Carl Weathers just running around mentioning Jesus descending

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apostle's Creed sounds like a stealth parkour game Wisdom Tree would have made if they still exist.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Apostle's Creed sounds like a stealth parkour game Wisdom Tree would have made if they still exist.

It would be a more faith based remake of ACII.

Ironically, the final boss fight would be left as is because Alexander VI was that bad. :v:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ALFbrot posted:

Carl Weathers just running around mentioning Jesus descending

Don't throw that bone away! Stick it in a reliquary for a few hours, carry it to church. You got yourself a belief system going baby!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

It would be a more faith based remake of ACII.

Ironically, the final boss fight would be left as is because Alexander VI was that bad. :v:

That's why I mentioned Wisdom Tree. They used to be developers that created Menace Beach, a platformer infamous for literal 'cutscenes' where the protagonist's kidnapped girlfriend gets more of her dress torn off the further you progress. When they rebranded as a Christian game developers, they reskinned Menace Beach as Sunday Funday, a game where a boy must fight enemies on his way to church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I saw the trailer for it and then read that it was awful and had an idiotic twist. I was all: “come on, they can’t do THAT!”. Looked it up and turns out they did. Sounds amazingly awful.