Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Yeah there's that stupid Fiona Apple one, and "Doin Thangs" by Big Bear has ridiculous cover art, but I think in terms of terrible album titles you can't get worse than TLC's "Ooooooohhh... On the TLC Tip!"

Cool cover (except for that baby bottle, wtf). Decent group. Horrendous album name. Did they write the whole stupid thing out when MTV played videos from it? Did they say the whole "OOOOOOOoOoohHhHhh" part when they were promoting the album on TV interviews back in the day?

Anyway, post the worst album titles of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!
Pet Sounds

Worst SFX album of all time

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's very easily and by quite significant margin - Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavoured Water.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Named the band by looking out the window of the recording studio office when they were drawing up paperwork. Complete dogshit.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Matlack Radio posted:

Named the band by looking out the window of the recording studio office when they were drawing up paperwork. Complete dogshit.

They were so great

Never knew that story

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
The Car's greatest hits on cassette was the soundtrack to the happiest part of my life
:)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol. 1 / LP: No Past. No Future. No Sun. (stylised in all caps) is the tenth studio album by the American alternative rock band The Smashing Pumpkins.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That stupid rear end Fiona Apple album

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Spinz posted:

The Car's greatest hits on cassette was the soundtrack to the happiest part of my life

It's good stuff.

No matter how wrong some people might be.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's very easily and by quite significant margin - Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavoured Water.

Fiona apple owns btw

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Spinz posted:

This post caused me to play this album on my smart speaker while yet again working late into to the night.

Actually it's a pretty happy-sounding mix and I dig it. Thanks goon. :shobon:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Unless he was planning on paying for domain renewal fees for 50+ years, I have no idea how he thought this was a good idea for an album name.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
The Day They Shot A Hole In The Jesus Egg

This Is It And I Am It And You Are It And So Is That And He Is It and She Is It and It Is It and That Is That

Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse

Everything is 4

Who Will Cut Our Hair When We’re Gone?

The Rise Of The Zugebrian Time Lords

The Bliss Album...? (Vibrations of Love and Anger and the Ponderance of Life and Existence)

(sic)

hahaha but seriously though it's R. Kelly's Chocolate Factory
gently caress you you nasty rear end fuckin poop rapist. the gently caress. ugh. eeeeeuuugh!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Unless he was planning on paying for domain renewal fees for 50+ years, I have no idea how he thought this was a good idea for an album name.

oh sorry are we posting amazing album titles that rule now

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
This one's especially presidential because even after googling what the title is supposed to mean I still don't understand it

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Spinz posted:

Never knew that story
I don't know if that is the real story. I am just talking trash.

The thread is about the names, not the music.

The Walrus posted:

Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol. 1 / LP: No Past. No Future. No Sun.
This is bad.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

strong candidate here.

Danzig 5 was pretty bad, I'm in love with Glenn but he fired his band and tried to do an industrial thing and it was not real good.

don't know if that's worst, but what a fuckin letdown that one was

The Breakfast Sampler fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 23, 2020

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i have no problem with ya'll but you'll is clearly the contraction of you will

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Album names that are actually funny don't count. The only ones that are bad are the ones trying to be serious that just come off loving terrible.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Album names that are actually funny don't count. The only ones that are bad are the ones trying to be serious that just come off loving terrible.

Derulo explained the significance of the title saying: "It's called Everything is 4 because it's my fourth album, but there are also other meanings. All happens for a reason, everything is for my mom, everything is for my fans. Everything is for myself to prove that I can do it. Everything is for the future. I could go on, but in the end the meaning is 'Everything happens for a reason.' Then there is also the meaning of the number 4: a chair has four legs, a table even. They are also 4 seasons, representing change. So 4 is a number that follows us everywhere. 4 is symmetrical. Then, Everything is 4."

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I will not stand for this slight against Tyrannosaurus Rex.

You have to also mention that a later album was A Beard of Stars

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
U2 "Sounds of Innocence" which I believe was the first and only album in history to be forced upon you in it's entirety regardless of if you wanted it or not.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I will not stand for this slight against Tyrannosaurus Rex.

You have to also mention that a later album was A Beard of Stars

lol

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I came here to submit that Limp Bizkit poopoo but it was already here. So let me submit what I consider the dumbest (most pretentious?) band name plus song name of all time:

A Winged Victory For The Sullen - We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, for the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Something like "Air - Venus" is beneath you? Here, son, there's this album I used to listen to called "no, put it back. chester! put it back. you aren't allowed to have cookies right now. CHESTER! I'm telling mom on you!" and it's incredible.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

strong candidate here.

Danzig 5 was pretty bad, I'm in love with Glenn but he fired his band and tried to do an industrial thing and it was not real good.

don't know if that's worst, but what a fuckin letdown that one was

Hmm this is about album names only, and I thought Blackacidevil was pretty cool once I got how to pronounce it. Also Glenn rules.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Yeah there's that stupid Fiona Apple one, and "Doin Thangs" by Big Bear has ridiculous cover art, but I think in terms of terrible album titles you can't get worse than TLC's "Ooooooohhh... On the TLC Tip!"

Cool cover (except for that baby bottle, wtf). Decent group. Horrendous album name. Did they write the whole stupid thing out when MTV played videos from it? Did they say the whole "OOOOOOOoOoohHhHhh" part when they were promoting the album on TV interviews back in the day?

Get a load if forums user WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lecturing people on names here

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
It’s gotta be
“Greatest Hits, Vol. 1“ by Korn

Not only was there no need for a first “hits” album, but lmao that they assumed they would have a second one down the road with songs yet to be written.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Really, tho, the worst album names are indie electronic acts whose titles just look like they mashed the special character keypad on their phone and threw in some Japanese characters for ~aesthetic~

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Are GY!BE album names terrible or good? I lean towards, good.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"Cream Corn From The Eye Of Davis" by Butthole Surfers is pretty bad/good

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

hairway to steven is pretty clever

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

It's this one. It's so juvenile - even for a band called Limp Bizkit.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

All the really dumb or pointless ones are actually super memorable and therefore make great album titles.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

S.T.R.E.E.T. D.A.D.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

pumpkin made of flesh

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

why?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Every single eponymous album ever released

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Big Beef City posted:

Every single eponymous album ever released

yeah thats a weird title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My bands album, by a wide margin. Wanna hear it? Too bad, we hated it so much we loving destroyed every copy. I'm absolutely not joking.