Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sorry for the slightly late and slightly short update tonight, but it's Day 5! It's gonna get experimental.

The CW sends Veronica Mars a water tank. How nice of them. It also contains all sorts of surveillance equipment and dossiers on all the entrants. How actually useful of them. Tito runs from the poison grenade, but cannot run from the darkness that poisons his heart. There's no antidote for that poison. Elsewhere, the Inflatable One has recruited almost everyone left into his own glorious army. Against him, who can stand? Without him, who could survive? Not Davey rear end in a top hat, who suffers an ice fishing accident.

Veronica Mars is beginning to lose it. She's been out here for days, she hasn't really slept, nobody has made a pithy quip in almost a week, and she's beginning to think there's no mystery to solve. That she's been simply brought here by incomprehensible forces, just to die. Speaking of die, Tito finally pulls it off! He feels his sins slip away as he plummets. He lands, and is at peace. So, it turns out, Sami Zayn is a smart, perceptive, and nerdily handsome guy. He wasn't just drawing maps, he was drawing circles. He wasn't just skanking about, he was skanking about to stamp symbols into the earth. This comes to fruition now, as Mecha Mummy empowers his magical ward with a Mecha Beam. It lights up, and Inflatable Punk feels something other than hunger for the first time. Fear. All the spirits of all the warriors buried in this arena are brought back by Sami and Mecha Mummy, and they prepare for the final confrontation. Inflatable Punk tries to run away, but the spectral weights of Big Show, Big Daddies I and V, and the other massive souls hold him in place. Roll tosses Mega Man a special Ghost Buster as he, Robocop, and others fire blast after blast into the puppet's will. Champion Pig is back, and still has a sword! Great job, Champion Pig. The three rear end in a top hat Brothers attempt to sell Ghost Merch. Finally, Jeanne d'Arc's holy blade severs the being from the balloon. The latex crumples to the ground as the malevolence inside leaves this plane. The spirits of the fallen return to their rest, their duty completed. SamI Zayn and Mecha Mummy high five. Meanwhile, the Wu-Tangs and Old Man Jenkins were reminiscing about their New York childhoods and missed the whole thing.

I hope the remaining entrants constitute your Fave Five like Booker T's has his boy D Bry on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
my heart is broken

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
old man gonna win with out doing a high spot (killing some one)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

massive boring chants

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Let's go Mars I guess :geno:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm sorry everyone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

j/k on all of my hatred. loving the write-ups on everything, especially the ones you mentioned liking to do previously

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wrong thread. it's very late at night.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm sorry everyone.

It's not your fault the RNG broke bad. Sorry for being a dick about it :( This update was very good!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is the equivalent of wiping out the big bad built up all season 3 episodes before the end of the season, it's the kind of thing you see on late 90s early 2000s CW shows, not unlike.... Veronica Mars.... :aaa:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the cw didn't exist until the late 00s i feel like im in a portal here

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

It was formed in September 2006 by the merger of the WB Network and UPN (which delivered it both Veronica Mars and SmackDown, relevant to our discussion).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

CW was UPN's successor and Veronica Mars ended its run on there.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mecha mummy popped inflatable CM punk

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PrestigiousSerpentineAntipodesgreenparakeet-mobile.mp4

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

At this point I think only the Wu-Tang Clan can save us from the Mecha Mummy.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Could be a very good week for Johnny blood.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

At this point I think only the Wu-Tang Clan can save us from the Mecha Mummy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpQmFfdYFzY

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Davey rear end in a top hat has fallen

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rigged

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seth Rollins posted:

my heart is broken

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You know I've been wondering; did Mecha Mummy exist only to feud with Suzuki?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChrisBTY posted:

You know I've been wondering; did Mecha Mummy exist only to feud with Suzuki?

Mecha Mummy exists because DDT. It was a 7 times DDT Iron Man Heavy Metal Championship. Even turned up for a match in All Japan against Robo Hayashi & Robo Michinoku.

Mecha Mummy & Kikutaro even tagged on a Minoru Suzuki Produce show against a team featuring Jushin Thunder Liger!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Getting Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny vibes from the demise of Inflatable Punk.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bit of a production note. I'm switching to a new site for Season 3, which should probably start this weekend as we only have a few updates left on season 2. The new site only allows for 12 teams, but we can make those teams either 2, 3, or 4 players, allowing for up to 48 entrants.

Also, and this is important, it allows me to view and edit the database of events. No more falling out of trees! We can add our own events to it as well. I have a few ideas, but I figure maybe you also want to contribute.

If you'd like to submit a custom event you think would be cool or funny or something, the format is

(Player1) works (Player2) into a shoot.
This can involve up to 4 players.
Then I'll need to know if your event happens in the day, night, or both. There's a separate list of events for the Bloodbath at the beginning if youd like to submit for that.
If you want your event to result in a kill, tell me it's a lethal event, and the last player listed will be the one that dies in the event.
You can either post them here, PM me, or just tell me to go to he*k and stop outsourcing my job.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's the semi finals of Season 2! This will cut the field from five entrants, to two. Tomorrow will be the big finale.

OMJ is in crisis. He can no longer hear the voices in his head, and it's making him have thoughts. Maybe he should let an opponent get some offense in. After all, it's better to win a hard fought battle. See? He's losing his mind. Mecha Mummy uses his powerful ears to hear Sami and Veronica Mars make a plan in the distance. He absorbs the information for later use. The entire Wu-Tang Clan sit in the branches of a bristlecone pine. "Man, I bet some fat idiot nerd somewhere is getting really sick of writing these 'falls out of a tree' scenes!" "Yeah, he's probably just salivating at being able to rip this stupid event out of the database." "I bet someone in the book fell out of a tree so they all feel compelled to put it in the event deck for the sims." Then they all fall out of the tree or whatever.

It seems that Mecha Mummy did not like what he heard Sami and Veronica discussing. He decided to indicate his displeasure by delivering a thunderous bonk to Sami's dome, ending the skanking sensation's career. Veronica Mars thinks about her father, a detective portrayed by Canadian actor Enrico Colantoni, best known for his role on Just Shoot Me. I know lots about Veronica Mars, me. OMJ jobs to a fire.

Mecha Mummy accidentally turns on his battery venting program and vents his batteries a little too much, if you get my meaning. OMJ finally leaves his camp and goes for a walk in the woods. Veronica Mars gets a supply drop from the UPN Network. It's a bunch of pain meds! They're all expired. She wished Hulu would send her a supply drop instead, but it would probably have ads.

And that leaves us with just two competitors! Junpei Hyde's entry, Old Man Jenkins, an old-school technician who does not give up offense easily, vs Endless Mike's entry, Veronica Mars, the cool journalist-detective who wants to find the secret of the arena!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thank you MACE of retribution for killing sami zayn

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I know you can solve the case, Veronica Mars!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

can't wait for veronica mars to fall out of a tree and die

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sami nooooo.

Go Veronica, solve the mystery of Old Man Jenkins' continued life!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Veronica Mars just needs to play the tutorial

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
gently caress YOU MECHAMUMMY, GIVE ME MY SAMI BACK!

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Veronica Mars has killed before. She will kill again.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
old man jenkins made it all the way with zero kills

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I stand with my fellow gal of scoops

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Do not even ask posted:

can't wait for veronica mars to fall out of a tree and die
Falling out of a tree as the final death would be bad for projecthalaxy's blood pressure, but also wonderful.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The true Deadliest Warrior is...tree. Turns out all the trees are FFV boss ExDeath and the whole event just exists to feed him prey.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

ChrisBTY posted:

The true Deadliest Warrior is...tree. Turns out all the trees are FFV boss ExDeath and the whole event just exists to feed him prey.

Welp. New head canon acquired.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Shhhhh spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's the season two finale. There isn't any more of this after this. It's night 7.

Veronica knew this was it. It was down to her and the weirdo known as Old Man Jenkins. She has to find him. He'd been walking through the forest, trying to give her a "tutorial" in his weird raspy voice. He was a veteran of the pro wrestling world, but they were both rookies here. She knew she had to get through him to figure out the secret of the Hunger Games Match. She had gathered a few tools for the hunt, and she knew that either way, neither of them were seeing their eighth sunrise on the island.

She headed out from her camp and walked along the river. She knew his shelter was this way, though that didn't necessarily mean he was. Luckily, whatever else he was (80 pounds heavier than she was, italian, possessor of approximately 14 teeth), he wasn't quiet. He was walking through the forest, humming his bizarre organ grinder music. She thought she'd make it quick. He was carrying around Champion Pig's sword. She missed Champion Pig. He was the champion. She pulled out a combat knife and tried to sneak up on him. "Oh-ho! Got you now, fuckface!" He spun and slashed out with the sword, his stringy hair spinning around his skull. "Time for another tutorial! Step one: Get killed with this sword!" She jumps back just in time to see the sword whiz through where her head had been. The knife was a mistake. He was some kind of old weirdo, but she still probably couldn't match him hand to hand reliably. She took a few more steps back to reassess the situation. He charged at her. "GORE!" he yelled. She slid under him as he launched himself through the air. He was in the trees now. Luckily his bright, reflective singlet made him easy to spot.

She waited for him to come back into the clearing. As he did, she swung a rock directly at his head. It missed, but caught him on the shoulder. He grabbed her arms, pulling her down into a rolling butterfly suplex. She tried to keep her head tucked as she was slammed into the floor. He was yelling something about Wheel of Fortune. She just had to wait. She knew there would be an opening. Eventually he decided to taunt her, asking what her finish was so he could kick out of it. She saw her chance and took it. She pulled a blowgun out and put a dart into his chest. The toxins would take a minute to fully work.

She started running back to the Cornucopia. She figured thats where the organizers would be. Sure enough, as she hustled, she heard that he had been eliminated. When she arrived at the Cornucopia, there was a humanoid figure standing in the middle of the ring. It looked like a big cartoony robot. "GREETINGS, CHAMPION. I AM THE ORGANIZER." She looks at him? It? Him? "I'm here to ask you one question, organizer. Why are you doing this? What's the point of making all of this happen? Why force dozens to die?"

"WELL, IT'S REALLY QUITE SIMPLE, VERONICA. I THINK ITS FUNNY. I USE MY FUTURE ROBOT ABILITIES TO CREATE PERFECT COPIES OF PEOPLE AND THEN STICK THEM ON THIS ISLAND SO A FEW OTHERS AND I CAN MAKE JOKES ABOUT HOW THEY DIE. YOU'RE JUST A COPY TOO, DID YOU KNOW THAT? THE REAL VERONICA MARS IS ASLEEP AT HOME RIGHT NOW. I SIMPLY DEMANDED YOU EXIST." Veronica is shocked. "What kind of a monster are you? These are real people with consciousness and thoughts that you're putting through this meat grinder! You have to shut this down immediately!" She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but she had to try.

"YEAH, YOU'RE RIGHT. THIS PLACE KINDA SUCKS, TBH. TOO MANY TREES. KABOOM!", the Organizer says. The rest of the arena disappeared into shiny dust while she watched. What kind of a creature was this Organizer? "I'LL MAKE A NEW ONE LATER IT'S COOL. ANYWAY HERE YOU GO," He hands her a big gold championship belt and then walked back into the tower of the Cornucopia. Veronica stared at the belt as everything went to golden dust. Veronica Mars woke up in her bed. She'd just had the strangest dream.

YOUR WINNER OF LETHAL LOTTERY 1 AND 2ND OVERALL CHAMPION, VERONICA MARS!

Details post for Season 3 will come tomorrow.