Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CGS: Oh gently caress guess who's back? Mods please name change to Jean Paul Goutier Than Thou, TIA in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

CGS: Oh gently caress guess who's back? Mods please name change to Jean Paul Goutier Than Thou, TIA in advance!
Goutye

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Geriatric Cotton

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I bought some sensodyne cause one of my teeth is sensitive and it hosed up my mouth and everything hurt and i couldn't really taste for several days

I appear to be mostly better now and dang that was a tasty meal

be careful y'all sensodyne will gently caress you up

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

just get dentures I’m sure rotor knows a place where you’d get a good deal on a pair

Moo Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 23, 2020

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

just get dentures I’m just rotor knows a place where you’d get a good deal on a pair

It's crazy how old that guy is.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Achmed Jones posted:

I bought some sensodyne cause one of my teeth is sensitive and it hosed up my mouth and everything hurt and i couldn't really taste for several days

I appear to be mostly better now and dang that was a tasty meal

be careful y'all sensodyne will gently caress you up

wait, really?

i've never heard of anyone having this reaction to sensodyne vOv

fake edit: ok i just googled and ... did you buy whitening sensodyne? because that poo poo is an oxymoron

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

just get dentures I’m just rotor knows a place where you’d get a good deal on a pair

yeah but who wants dentures made of wood in 2020 :rolleye:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Who Is John Gout

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

wait, really?

fake edit: ok i just googled and ... did you buy whitening sensodyne? because that poo poo is an oxymoron

yeah. some of the whitening ones only have an abrasive that can cause sensitivity! also some other additives for the whitening ones depending on the method of whitening

i used the whitening protect for a while and it suddenly started being too sensitive. it didnt rough my mouth but it made a sensitive tooth from a shifted bite throb, switched to rapid relief and it was fine in a week

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
wild

i'm just gonna let my teeth turn brown b/c tea is good and mouth pain is not

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's crazy how old that guy is.

it’s actually called dementia

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

wait, really?

nope. it was "repair and protect." I expect that I have a bad reaction to stannous fluoride. I had this happen with some other super fancy all-in-one toothpaste but I didn't go into it further. I don't think that the problem is sodium laurel sulfate cause the crest I use normally has that and it's fine. I'll try to find one of the sodium fluoride sensodynes at the store and will give that a shot.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

sodium lauryl phosphate is terrible. it wrecks my tastebuds, and makes everything taste bitter for hours. all it does in toothpaste is making it foam, no real cleaning effect.

good thing there are several regular fluoride toothpastes that are made without it. I like my midmorning coffee to taste good, and I like my teeth to stay intact too.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i’m “i can’t remember when relatively minor sleep disruptions wouldn’t completely gently caress me up all the next day” years old

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

our babby is teething and I’m reminded of what a truly world class mind flaying feels like.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

our babby is teething and I’m reminded of what a truly world class mind flaying feels like.
been there, coined the term

the only good part about it is that it eventually ends

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

been there, coined the term

the only good part about it is that it eventually ends

it’s such an apt description

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I slept through. much to the indignation of my significant other.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was about to sit down at the desk when I checked myself and realized I'm nude. I have no idea when I took my clothes off, or why.

Is this the end?

mystes
May 31, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I was about to sit down at the desk when I checked myself and realized I'm nude. I have no idea when I took my clothes off, or why.

Is this the end?
It probably depends on whether or not you're WFH

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mystes posted:

It probably depends on whether or not you're WFH

It's Saturday.

mystes
May 31, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's Saturday.
If you're lucky, nobody saw you then.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i hope i wasn't nude when the chinese food was delivered

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i hope i wasn't nude when the chinese food was delivered

There's a joke here involving "Sum Yung Gi" but I'm too busy at work so the composition is left as an exercise to the reader.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

There's a joke here involving "Sum Yung Gi" but I'm too busy at work so the composition is left as an exercise to the reader.
too old for your build-a-bear horse poo poo, s-chad.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Hi, either you're doing a bit, or you are dissociating . this is a thing that happens to people in 2020. Rest your brain and turn screens off for the evening. you will feel better

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oldchat: went and did the responsible thing and got a flu shot, but made sure to ask about the shingles vaccine since a friend of mine came down with it like a year ago despite totally not being in the right age group for it

i really, really don't want shingles

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

summer time kicked in this morning so I lost an hours sleep and now I am more of a grumpy old man.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

psiox posted:

oldchat: went and did the responsible thing and got a flu shot, but made sure to ask about the shingles vaccine since a friend of mine came down with it like a year ago despite totally not being in the right age group for it

one of the dumbest things about the nomaskers is that we could absolutely slaughter the flu this winter if people were wearing masks =/

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
at least if we ever make it out of this hell (we're suspending evaluation of that for now), mask-wearing is way more normalized than it ever was so hey maybe flus/etc will have less of a body count :unsmith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'm going to be a cool mask dude in public for the rest of my life. it's a loving sweet rear end cyberlook esp once you get goggles and a ~~~ tactical bag ~~~~ and some burly carhartts or something going on.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

psiox posted:

speaking as someone who had it last year - yeah, you really really dont want singles shingles

e: corrected

FMguru fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 26, 2020

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

FMguru posted:

speaking as someone who had it last year - yeah, you really really dont want singles

but they're best for grilled cheese :colbert:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cold on a Cob posted:

but they're best for grilled cheese :colbert:
:hmmyes:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm going to be a cool mask dude in public for the rest of my life. it's a loving sweet rear end cyberlook esp once you get goggles and a ~~~ tactical bag ~~~~ and some burly carhartts or something going on.

mega agreed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FMguru posted:

speaking as someone who had it last year - yeah, you really really dont want singles shingles

e: corrected

i had it in january and it ended up not being that bad

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I got shingles right out of college and it sucked

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

im all in on cold weather masking now, both cool looking and kept from getting chapped lips in march. easier to clean than a whole scarf when it gets scuzzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cms: bought some sensodyne that uses sodium fluoride and it didn't destroy my mouth. looks like stannous fluoride is bad for me