Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:toot:

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zzEDrYTkkg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

lol I love reading twitter except delayed 4 hours and on the SA forums

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

who is this guy anyway? is this gonna be a thing EVERY 21st of September (known by some as euro Yospos day?)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if it means i don't have to be on twitter I'm in favor of it

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

please support my parenting decisions in front of the kids.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:toot:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i used to like twitter but I now realise it’s not a slice of the population but actually the most extremes of any position. things that a problematic for 99% of the twitter population aren’t even on the radar of 99% of the rest of the population. your life is so much better if you don’t get involved

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

i used to like twitter but I now realise it’s not a slice of the population but actually the most extremes of any position. things that a problematic for 99% of the twitter population aren’t even on the radar of 99% of the rest of the population. your life is so much better if you don’t get involved

shut thew gently caress up with your centrist just asking questions poo poo echinopsis

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

echinopsis posted:

echi, im sorry man but that's the problem. fascism, climate crisis, poverty, racial disparity are all huge topics on there and you're right, they're not on most people's radar cause "i didn't vote for trump, i recycle, i give to charity, i have a black friend" when that poo poo doesn't matter at all and massive systematic change is what's necessary but no one wants to loving listen

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
twitter is a radicalisation engine as a service. it's "free" but you pay with your sanity.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Maximum Leader posted:

radicalisation engine as a service.

we call that "propaganda" and yeah social media turns out to be an incredibly effective propaganda machine

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

power botton posted:

lol I love reading twitter

I don’t.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

echi, im sorry man but that's the problem. fascism, climate crisis, poverty, racial disparity are all huge topics on there and you're right, they're not on most people's radar cause "i didn't vote for trump, i recycle, i give to charity, i have a black friend" when that poo poo doesn't matter at all and massive systematic change is what's necessary but no one wants to loving listen

i can agree on the problem, does twitter solve any part of it though? seems to largely amount to screaming into the void as a service.

actual question though, never read twitter outside of the occasional embed here.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
twitter is good if you follow good accounts and bad if you follow bad accounts

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

poty posted:

twitter is good if you follow good accounts and bad if you follow bad accounts

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
all the cool and funny people get banned from twitter, its a bad platform

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i can agree on the problem, does twitter solve any part of it though? seems to largely amount to screaming into the void as a service.

it's not 100% void screams. there's still discussion, organizing, information being passed around. as lovely as twitter management is there needs to be some kind of service for citizen-organized distribution of media and unfortunately twitter is it currently. it should absolutely be government run tho (under an actual government, not the current us one)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

nah Twitter bad

social media bad

“the people”, myself included, doesn’t know how to edit.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i might have that opinion if i were a farmer out in the sticks of a country that properly manages their poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

l’orginization du pos votre os