Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i will probably never watch the nurse ratched show because why. why would anyone

that was instantly where my brain went when i read that tweet too. i am totally baffled by the idea that anyone could ever want that show.

imagine the meeting where a bunch of trust fund baby hollywood producers with room temperature iqs all agreed that NURSE RATCHED ORIGIN STORY???? was the best concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's literally this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJBmKQpZ02k&t=27s

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i watched the first two episodes of ratched and honestly it just made me really uncomfortable. they do a pretty good job of making her character an evil manipulative she-devil, and it made me really fidgety

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hey gottem!

(dab)

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

haveblue posted:

dune uses fictional religions that are remixes of real-life sources. in pitch black they literally identify as followers of the same islam that exists in the real world

iirc the jews in the later books are just earth jews in the future

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Bored Online posted:

iirc the jews in the later books are just earth jews in the future

there are no later dune books

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
started ep 1 of raised by wolves. my wife hates it so it’s that good hard sci fi. when they start talking about atheists/atheism it’s super duper cringe tho lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
uh oh, someone lit the stymie signal

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
BEGIN THE STYMIE CADAVER SYNOD

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Stymie is the mind-killer. Stymie is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face stymie. I will permit their posts to pass over me and through me. And when they have gone past I will turn the inner eye to see the thread. Where stymie has gone there will be nothing. Only my posts will remain.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Stymie is the mind-killer. Stymie is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face stymie. I will permit their posts to pass over me and through me. And when they have gone past I will turn the inner eye to see the thread. Where stymie has gone there will be nothing. Only my posts will remain.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Uptime Sinclair posted:

started ep 1 of raised by wolves. my wife hates it so it’s that good hard sci fi. when they start talking about atheists/atheism it’s super duper cringe tho lol

my wife likes it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

she didn’t like it when the first little girl walked into the hole and died. wasn’t so taken with the other deaths either. might be able to get her back on board with ep 2 but she bounced off 1/2 way through the pilot, so

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Uptime Sinclair posted:

she didn’t like it when the first little girl walked into the hole and died. wasn’t so taken with the other deaths either. might be able to get her back on board with ep 2 but she bounced off 1/2 way through the pilot, so

this is an incredibly sloppy use of spoiler tags lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

this is an incredibly sloppy use of spoiler tags lol
i was thinking “deaths happen in a show” isn’t really spoilers but fair point.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Uptime Sinclair posted:

that was some stupid mr magoo poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you probably wanted to cover up “the first little girl” part imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

you probably wanted to cover up “the first little girl” part imo
yeah. oops

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

that was some stupid mr magoo poo poo
it super was, not the biggest problem with the show but. they should have just implied it harder and shown less because lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

I will permit their posts to pass over me and through me.

speak for yourself buddy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
yo jonny290 Deca-Dence just ended today and it was so good, and that to your queue. I just watched the last episode and cheered at the TV lol

don't get spoiled though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hell yeah

---

also i expect a lot of people, particularly parents, are going to Not Like The RBW First Episode at all. I of course adore the show so far

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

hell yeah

---

also i expect a lot of people, particularly parents, are going to Not Like The RBW First Episode at all. I of course adore the show so far

keep your hands off eizouken and deca-dence are animes of the year

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ngl i am kind of holding for an eizouken dub

i know, i'm a lovely gaijin piece of poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

finished stardust crusaders and it was fantastic. picked up dorohedoro again and it is not quite filling the void but it’s not bad so far

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

keep your hands off eizouken and deca-dence are animes of the year

Bessatsu Olympia Kyklos imo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/1306237058231537664

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
oh no

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

https://twitter.com/fartron/status/1306237264834551814?s=10

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
gonna get probated in another thread, so I might as well post this. second best show of the year including live action shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n83X1ao7D6I

it's hard sci fi, super colourful, and has characters with motivations you can actually identify with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Can we not get the thread gassed for anime again?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

shut up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1nf93ht_o8

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 24, 2020

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you got it chief, carry on

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

man. raised by wolves ep 2 is cool af

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you got it chief, carry on

you don't even post in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

username/post content consistency, I guess?