Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
i got heat stroke today and had to lie in a tub full of ice

not much more to add

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
Got a parking ticket. Managed to roll up just five minutes after it was issued too :/

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Someone really close to me said something out of stress that struck right at the heart of everything i don't like about myself and I am just so upset all I can think of is hiding out but I can't because we are locked down together.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Pijeus posted:

Someone really close to me said something out of stress that struck right at the heart of everything i don't like about myself and I am just so upset all I can think of is hiding out but I can't because we are locked down together.

The worst part about lockdown is realizing how the Donner party might have really started because someone cracked their knuckles one too many times.

We are social creatures but I wonder if other social beasts, like ants and bees, ever just scream and leave the nest for a while.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have a migraine setting in (I never really get them, maybe one like every couple of years) and I can't go home to nurse it because I have a waaaaaay too important meeting coming up to cancel. So I'm gonna have to give a presentation staring at a large bright screen for at least 30 minutes. More than likely this is going to take about an hour, but my vision is already starting to "dent" and I'm getting those bright blinking "tears" on the sides so this is going to be a bad one. Not looking forward to this.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have a really bad cold, and all I want besides to not be sick is a big bowl of crab soup like my grandma makes. I lack any of the ingredients for it except for copious amounts of Old Bay, and so I am sick and sad.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I was really excited to play new expansion of card game with a friend this Friday but of course Canada gets the shaft again from the company and my local shop won’t get it till next week Friday. Now that days plans are shot to poo poo, and now I get to deal with Amazon not shipping me a game I ordered and still claiming that my delivery date is still totally today. Just sucks that everything I wanted to do this week seems to just be getting cancelled.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i have a lot of problems and all of them boil down to the fact that i'm a big stupid idiot who's just so god drat dumb

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a semi-prominent ebay seller imploded and with it a significant purchase I had made that I'd been patiently waiting for from them, typing up a good chunk of money in limbo. I had opened a paypal claim a week ago based on this, and checked their ebay profile to find they weren't a registered user anymore. figuring that would be enough to get the claim completed right away since ebay literally killed their account for loving over hundreds of people in a short timespan, I gave paypal a call. the call essentially went:

"hi, I opened a claim a week ago, they no longer have an account and can't respond anymore, can you expedite the claim?"

"we give the seller 10 days to respond to a claim before ruling."

"yeah, but the seller doesn't exist anymore because they were defrauding hundreds of people in a vast ponzi scheme, and cannot even respond to the claim because they've lost their account."

"but just in case they respond, we give them 10 days to reply."

"but they can't reply, period, because they no longer exist!"

"your claim will resolve in 3 days. have a nice day!"

bureaucratic bullshit.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

InediblePenguin posted:

i have a lot of problems and all of them boil down to the fact that i'm a big stupid idiot who's just so god drat dumb

:same:

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

I stabbed myself in the eye with my toothbrush, this morning. Fortunately, it was the numbing toothpaste for sensitive teeth, so I still don't know if I hurt myself or not.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
A family member might have covid. I live with her. There's a not-unlikely chance that I have it too.

Manuel
Sep 11, 2001

also same

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Had to work on my birthday and I ended up puking with two hours left to go on my shift. I've also been ate alive by mosquitoes the last two days so everything itches. :(

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

I stabbed myself in the eye with my toothbrush, this morning. Fortunately, it was the numbing toothpaste for sensitive teeth, so I still don't know if I hurt myself or not.

I smacked the gently caress out of my forehead when I leaned down too quick to pick up a q-tip off the bathroom floor & smacked the corner of the sink. Stupid injuries suck

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Landlord is selling our house, so we gotta get. We have a few months, but moving still sucks, and I don't wanna, and *whinebitchcomplain*

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

BUT you brushed your teeth today, so right on. You are one step ahead of many.

Astrofig posted:

A family member might have covid. I live with her. There's a not-unlikely chance that I have it too.

I hope you don't get sick. Take care of yourself, man.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Little bro (who lives with us) is a presumptive positive (as in, the np literally said 'yeah I think you have it') pending test results. And I just woke up with symptoms as well (different from his though. Yippee.) Could maybe not be though. We'll see. Send a goonette some good vibes?

EDIT: she's positive. He hasn't got his back yet, I'm going today. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 12:36 on Sep 9, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not my personal bad day, but I'm having an empathetic one.

My boss' father caught Covid and the stress on his body caused a stroke. She just had to spend a week convincing her siblings to unplug him because there had been no brain activity for a few days. Once they took him off the ventilator he started breathing on his own, so now he's just kinda plugging along. My boss now has to convince her siblings again to unhook the feeding tube, but they're a religious family and are all talking about how it's a miracle. She's going to have to decide to let her father go twice and I honestly have no idea how she's still functioning.

On top of that her boyfriend of about 5 years just up and left her. Packed up all his stuff while she was at work, put the dog in his car, and left. And her car broke down the other day. I feel so bad for her, but she's super strong and just moving through everything. I'm seriously in awe of her fortitude.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My mother just got rushed to the hospital with suspected pneumonia following Covid. I'm just hoping not to follow her.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I needed a real butcher today and realized there isn't one within a hundred miles. Oh there are a bunch of meat shops that call themselves butchers, but they're all fakers who just resell meat from a distributor. Glorified grocery stores with just one section

I need to move back to where God pays attention.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Edit: nvm.

Constipated has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Sep 21, 2020

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

CEO: "Advertising revenue is down 15% this year thanks to Covid so we need all full-time employees to take a 1-week furlough"
CEO: *Makes $167k/year in loving Iowa (Cost of living is so low this may as well be $700k in real states)*

gently caress off.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Threw my back out just by bending over the bin. Feeling very sore and old.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I woke up with my knees and wrists absolutely killing me. I hate when the weather changes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mom's got a fever, dunno what's wrong with her but I hope it's nothing serious.

edit: fever's continuing, she has aches as fevers are wont to do, but she has none of the other common symptoms of covid so it's hopefully not that. we've been taking every possible precaution to prevent it so I'm really hoping it's just a cold since her doctor said her comorbidities make it like 95% likely she'll die if she gets it. We're going to see if we can both get tested in the morning, just to make sure. Not sure what to do if she comes up positive though.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 09:23 on Sep 25, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just took mom to the hospital. she's been tested, waiting on the results, but she has pneumonia in both lungs and a blood oxygen level of 80ish, which is horrific. it's probably covid. She's been admitted. I'm not allowed to see her.

I don't know what to do.

I don't know what to do.

I don't know what to do.

I probably got it from one of the covid-deniers at work despite doing everything I could to avoid them, with a mask and face shield to boot. And then she probably got it from me, though I'm still waiting on a test appointment to find out if I actually have it or not. The nurse told me I wouldn't be able to visit my mom until either she is cleared of having covid or she's on her deathbed. My little sister was murdered in a really horrific way. I don't want to lose my mom at my age, and only have my dad left. I don't know what I'll do, I care about her more than anyone I have left, and despite everything I did to prevent it, I might have gotten her sick with something that will kill her. I just hope her getting in the hospital soon enough helps her survive it. I hope, I hope, I hope.

I want every single covid-denying mask-scoffer to drop dead.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
JFC I'm so sorry :(

I hope everything goes well for her.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You have my sincerest sympathies Captain Invictus.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
THE TEST WAS NEGATIVE. it's NOT covid, it's just severe, covid-like pneumonia with over half of the covid symptoms. I'm so loving happy right now, and of course she is too.

They're keeping her for now to make sure the pneumonia goes away and to do a second test to make sure it's not a false negative, but I am so goddamn happy you don't even know. Still going to get tested myself if they let me just to make sure anyways.

I just kinda melted back into bed just now with relief. Her symptoms were basically a tick down list of covid, but it's not in her system, so it just looks and feels like it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm so happy for you!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I never would have thought I would be so ecstatic to hear my mom simply has severe pneumonia.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm just having a really lovely late night / early morning.

I haven't been able to sleep, and I've been sick in gross gastro ways. Since I'd otherwise be trying (and failing) to sleep, I figure'd do some laundry I needed done. I realize the closing hours for the laundry room is at 10pm... after putting in all my stuff in a washer at 1am. To make things worse, I heard some beeping that might be a "someone is going into the laundry room after hours" alarm.

But at least I can get some stuff cleaned and dried, right? Hahah, nope, turns out I had enough on my laundry card for one washing, and like 20 cents left. So I can't even put anything in the drier until tomorrow anyway to add more cash to it, meaning all of this was a waste.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Captain Invictus posted:

I never would have thought I would be so ecstatic to hear my mom simply has severe pneumonia.

Fingers crossed for her and you!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Phew. I had a similar scare recently with my own mom and I understand your fear and subsequent relief, believe me. Hope she pulls through pal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I guess my friend's brother committed suicide last night. Don't know many details, but that makes him the second little brother of a friend to die this year (another one of my friend's brothers was shot by his landlord in an argument).

This brings the 2020 Solice Kirsk Friends And Family Death Toll to four. You know, sometimes you really have to squint to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm sorry :smith:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Last night I had to accept that with my roommate and I probably parting ways when the lease is up next May, I really need to jam and get some poo poo together... which led me to some very very uncomfortable questions at 4 am in bed about my dog. She's stress-incontinent and badly trained beside, and 13 years-old. It's going to be hard finding an affordable situation with a stranger willing to put up with her, and hell I genuinely worry about her being safe while alone with someone.

As dark as it was, there was a real part of me that thought "no more vet bills, no more food, no more having to worry about coming back home very few hours, way more options for renting with a new roommate" and feeling insanely guilty for considering just for a minute that maybe it was her time. It's not her time. I bought her some washable diapers today to try out, and things could get better before May in a lot of ways... but gently caress me was that a bleak way to start my morning.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Last night I had to accept that with my roommate and I probably parting ways when the lease is up next May, I really need to jam and get some poo poo together... which led me to some very very uncomfortable questions at 4 am in bed about my dog. She's stress-incontinent and badly trained beside, and 13 years-old. It's going to be hard finding an affordable situation with a stranger willing to put up with her, and hell I genuinely worry about her being safe while alone with someone.

As dark as it was, there was a real part of me that thought "no more vet bills, no more food, no more having to worry about coming back home very few hours, way more options for renting with a new roommate" and feeling insanely guilty for considering just for a minute that maybe it was her time. It's not her time. I bought her some washable diapers today to try out, and things could get better before May in a lot of ways... but gently caress me was that a bleak way to start my morning.

Not at all. I made the mistake with my dog, who had gone deaf and nearly entirely blind. I waited too long, and she was suffering. She actually fell in the pool for the first time ever, thankfully I was home and got her out.

Trying to convince two of my friends that their dogs were suffering was an exercise in futility: one's dog was having seizures, pissing himself, couldn't eat, but she refused, insisting he would be fine, he only had seizures "sometimes." Several times a day. Friend got into several heated arguments with her family because she refused to let any vet put him down, and kept wanting to speak to other vets with "solutions."

Another friend's dog was paralyzed in his back legs, and he'd drag himself around, and still want to play, but my friend used the "he's still eating so he's fine" test. But the dog would want to play, and couldn't, and eventually you'd have to wipe him all over from his messes while he cried. Carry him everywhere. The dog was clearly in pain, but my friend didn't want to make the decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a hard decision. I only have one dog now, but had two a few years ago. She was 16 or so, and was declining physically, but especially rapidly declining mentally, she had developed dementia at some point and was starting to forget literally everything. we kept going for a while while she cried when she woke up because she didn't know where she was, but then she became vicious and attacked the other dog, the one she would curl up in a doggy yin-yang together with when they slept, because she no longer recognized her. She basically didn't recognize anything anymore, she wasn't the same dog we knew for a decade and a half. we knew we had to do it right then and there, but boy was it hard. she had had a hard life in the short time before we adopted her, and she was my sister's dog, so we really wanted to look the other way, but knew we couldn't.