Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh me too if there's room, Siphnz, thanks dogge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

For some reason, I was allowed to start Summit at floor 51.

Cleared up to 60 solo with my lovely Firewall setup, had a few close calls on the boss floor though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cheap Trick posted:

For some reason, I was allowed to start Summit at floor 51.

Cleared up to 60 solo with my lovely Firewall setup, had a few close calls on the boss floor though.

That’s the start of heroic difficulty floors. They put that in so players that already do heroic regularly don’t have to go through 50 floors of normal/hard/challenging.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
50-60 was fairly easy but I was only running with one other person- I imagine the amount of enemies scales with group size. The most dangerous events were the hacked drone swarms where you have to hack laptops- the drones do pretty good damage, lock on quick, and spawned frequently enough my EMP pulse couldn't keep them down indefinitely (this is with an Eclipse Protocol setup with probably as much +Status Effects as you can get).

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Fabricated posted:

50-60 was fairly easy but I was only running with one other person- I imagine the amount of enemies scales with group size. The most dangerous events were the hacked drone swarms where you have to hack laptops- the drones do pretty good damage, lock on quick, and spawned frequently enough my EMP pulse couldn't keep them down indefinitely (this is with an Eclipse Protocol setup with probably as much +Status Effects as you can get).

And I'm pretty sure they'll just keep spawning infinitely until you hack the laptops. Those are definitely my least favorite rooms.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I'd take an AHO invite. I am idylwino on uplay/in game.

How far do I have to progress in the summit until a "boss floor." That objective is like the first requirement for Shade (or whatever the name of the first target is). I got to floor 6 or 7 yesterday evening before being called away for real world needs. Seems sort of sameish and probably fun for a group, but definitely was more of an obnoxious chore running a mostly red DPC build with M1AC and Chameleon (still).

Also, I have like 3 Chamelon's in my stash (aside from the one I'm using). How do I get the exotic mats to reroll one of these?

Final stupid question ... is there a method to get that exotic holster for the showdown at high noon saloon project? Google says to show up at some bar east of the white house at noon, but unless I'm missing an obvious area of the map or HUD I don't even see an indicator of in game time.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You get parts to re-calibrate exotics by breaking down extra exotics. So if you get duplicate Exotics from weekly projects or drops, break them down for parts. You can only have 20 at any time though, so if you got 20 parts make sure to try re-calibrating your poorly rolled exotics if you have any before breaking stuff down.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

hatelull posted:

How far do I have to progress in the summit until a "boss floor." That objective is like the first requirement for Shade (or whatever the name of the first target is). I got to floor 6 or 7 yesterday evening before being called away for real world needs. Seems sort of sameish and probably fun for a group, but definitely was more of an obnoxious chore running a mostly red DPC build with M1AC and Chameleon (still).

Also, I have like 3 Chamelon's in my stash (aside from the one I'm using). How do I get the exotic mats to reroll one of these?

Final stupid question ... is there a method to get that exotic holster for the showdown at high noon saloon project? Google says to show up at some bar east of the white house at noon, but unless I'm missing an obvious area of the map or HUD I don't even see an indicator of in game time.
Every tenth floor is a boss floor (so floor 10, 20, 30 etc). Dismantle exotic weapons/armor to get exotic materials. In game time shows up in photo mode- but you need to do all the precursor quests before the squad shows up at the bar (get the part from the gas station control point, get the three parts from the three faction elites etc.)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hatelull posted:

Edit: You need to leave your current clan to join AHO. Give me a shout when you do so I can send the invite.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Oh me too if there's room, Siphnz, thanks dogge.

Invite sent.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 23, 2020

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

That’s the start of heroic difficulty floors. They put that in so players that already do heroic regularly don’t have to go through 50 floors of normal/hard/challenging.

The thing is though, that prior to TU11, the highest difficulty I'd ever done for any activity was Hard. So it was a pleasant surprise that I got to skip all those floors.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, Ubi's Div2 took the EGS WoNY expansion just fine, although yeah, I did have to buy the WoNY version of the base game.

Cleared the first real story mission (hostage from the Theater settlement), only died once on boss-level. (I should look at my keybinds, see where my medkit is. :v:) Second death of the game was lootin'n'scootin' along the streets back to the White House, south of the Theater and near some control point, ran into way too many Hyenas Jackals assholes (see previous medkit comment). Respawn, went back (even though there was no loot to collect) and...

...oh look, about twelve hostiles heading my way. Including an elite (or so I'm assuming - heavy armor, grenade launcher, bullet sponge, gold HUD marker), who was killed off without dropping anything. :smith:

More wandering around found me a construction site to take over, a PA system to steal from some rear end in a top hat, and finally, a Public Execution just southeast from the WH. Which I guess I completed, I did kill all the enemies, and got a mission loot chest, but I couldn't jackdaw *everything*. Shows components on the HUD/map, which appear to be up with the antennae/sat dishes on the roof, but no way to get up there? No ladders/ropes/stairs, there's a manlift on one side of the building, but no indicator to activate. (Southeast of the WH, south of Sherman Park, in the triangle of E St NW and Ellipse Rd NW.)

Getting back in the flow of full tactical murder, havin' fun. Need to find more restock crates, though, couldn't find one at the Theater - maybe I have to progress/improve them some more?

Hit level 3 near the end of the Grand Hotel, and 4 doing the Execution. Starting to loot better (branded) items is nice, but drat I wish I could find matching bits.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Small gear availability PSA:

Theater settlement vendor has the regular and named version of the new Six12 shotgun in stock, named is called The Mop.
The Clan vendor has the holster for the new green gearset.
The named Belstone Armory brandset chest is available at both the Clan and White House vendor.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Oh, totally forgot, about a block east of the WH, ran into a patrol of three LMB-looking assholes, they popped red on my HUD so I MPX'd them out. Didn't get close enough for any audio, though, and IIRC all they dropped was ammo, if that.

Also forgot that I found a Revolutionary War sword leaving the WH for the first time, but the game treats it like a collectable. Which is bullshit, I should be able to whip that out on on these drugged-up chargers. EN GARDE, FUCKOS! :ese:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Not having a katana specialization was definitely a missed opportunity.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

The final boss of Division 2 should be a katana duel with President Ellis on Wall Street. Make it happen, Ubisoft.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Is AHO in the discord in the OP? I actually never got around to joining it.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Is AHO in the discord in the OP? I actually never got around to joining it.

Yes, we're in ICR's discord.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That new gear set is fun as poo poo. Feels like old times in Division 1. Hyena mask, Hunter's Fury chest and backpack, a Sokolov piece for the SMG bonus (I had some great gloves for this) and 2 other Hunter's Fury pieces. I paired it with a Lady Death. Just keep scootin' and shootin'.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kibayasu posted:

while you studied the flamethrower, I studied the blade

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Kibayasu posted:

Not having a katana chainsaw specialization was definitely a missed opportunity.
They even had all of the assets to jury rig one in game. :(

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Did they patch the tanker mission yet? I ran through that poo poo twice thinking it was a one-off bug before checking this thread :/

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A patch is going out tonight to (hopefully) fix it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I can't believe they didn't fix that briefing loop bug before the update went live

It makes the game unplayable for like 1 in 3 people and they pushed it out anyway when it was reported ahead of time. Like companies have shipped broken poo poo pretty often but that's next level broken poo poo

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

I can't believe they didn't fix that briefing loop bug before the update went live

It makes the game unplayable for like 1 in 3 people and they pushed it out anyway when it was reported ahead of time. Like companies have shipped broken poo poo pretty often but that's next level broken poo poo

I wish I could say "hey go easy on them, this doesn't happen often", but on WONY launch you literally could not progress the campaign (unless you got super lucky/patient) because the server load made it impossible to interact with any of the plot NPCs. Just about every TU comes with major bugs, some of which had been fixed before!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's true I forgot that with each major update they roll back all the things they fixed in previous updates to a broken state once again like skills, NPC aggression and difficulty.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Why is my paragon level watch thing stuck with a notification

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
*remembers people lining up in the Brooklyn safehouse to activate a computer in the first game*

Division is basically always broken. When they fix it, they break it again somewhere else. I say this while having bought both games within a week of launch. I love my broken-rear end Tom Clancy's Diablo with guns.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 24, 2020

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Me too agent.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Bug.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

That new gear set is fun as poo poo. Feels like old times in Division 1. Hyena mask, Hunter's Fury chest and backpack, a Sokolov piece for the SMG bonus (I had some great gloves for this) and 2 other Hunter's Fury pieces. I paired it with a Lady Death. Just keep scootin' and shootin'.

I assume you're talking about Coyote's Mask - how do I go about getting it? Just repeatedly doing Jefferson Trade Centre?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cheap Trick posted:

I assume you're talking about Coyote's Mask - how do I go about getting it? Just repeatedly doing Jefferson Trade Centre?

That’s the place where it has chance to drop off the boss. I think the general %’s are 1% chance on normal, 3% hard, 5% challenging, 7% heroic.

You can also have a better-than-usual chance to find it in a mask targeted district simply because of sheer volume. It’s still a low chance per activity but if you get into it you can do a lot of a activities. There’s also control points which, if leveled up to heroic difficulty, give you 2 named bosses which have a higher chance to drop exotics. Then you can just reset the control points and do it again.

Technically it can drop from anything anywhere but you’re fighting multiple levels of RNG at that point.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 24, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cheap Trick posted:

To add to what Kibayasu said, it's dependent on luck, but if Jefferson Trade Center has masks for target loot, run it until you puke. Also do whatever activities net you an exotic cache.

It's a solid mask and a must have for any DPS build.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

For a game series that prides itself on immersion and keeping everything in the game world, its pretty lame that the Summit stuff is just shunted into its own gamespace*

But that said, I love Summit! It's Underground but better**!

Seriously, its a lot of fun. I don't think it'll drag me totally back but I'm sure I'm grabbed for a month or so.

*Underground did it but it did it better

**why is every window covered in a skyscrapter??

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

In addition to what everyone else said it can also drop randomly off a yellow mook in the street while you’re out trying to get some components. After you’d given up on getting it at Jefferson. Do what they said, but my secret approach with loot is to get frustrated, swear, pretend I didn’t want it anyway and go do something else. Itlll drop the next day.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
It really is the best technique. When I wanted the Tardigrade chest I strapped myself in for a long grind and then got a near triple max rolled one on my first Lincoln run, so you never know!

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I'm not sure if I like the new Hunter set, but I do like the new shotgun for my close range build. Hoping to play more Summit this weekend with goons. It's a fun new diversion.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
And again I grind out encounters and missions until the last minutes before servers go down. :v: Really should have dropped earlier and eaten something, I think.

"Oh hey guess I should complete that last thing to recruit wossname for the BOO so I can craft... blue poo poo that's not as good as the named branded green things. Huh. Oh, and turn on the Project stuff, hmmm instantly complete one, finish capturing one control point for another oh that opens up a manhunt back at the place I cleared for SHD loot already, go get a reward at the Theater and find more poo poo to do - MLK Library looks OK, clear that, gently caress around a bit more and finally quit."

Two Stoner drops/loots in the streets, and one from a Hyena Jackal Meth Monkey box. Too bad the cans are locked, I'd rip one off for Ruthless.

Did get some purple kneepads off the final boss at the Cranes control point.

Oh, and I figured out that Components thing - that's just the area marker, I did loot the place blind. Same thing happened to me in Div1, kept searching all over the one location for that last bunch of tools.

Found a crystal skull, but no Indy in a refrigerator 0/10 would not Wild Wasteland again.

Other weapons I've snagged: Remington M700, Urban MDR, M-60. :black101: SIG AR and an ACR, yeah whatever, but it's back to Big Pig time, especially if I get nicer high-end or exotic ones. Many fond memories of playing Defend The Tent at that one DZ01 extraction point in Div1, stacking bodies with the biggest mag and loudest blast-cannon muzzle device available.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 25, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm just happy the tanker is fixed. That was a weird mission overall. Very fun until the final boss fight, and then when they did fix it, the flame stickies procced in a weird and glitchy way, the lady exploding felt like an old action film where they skip a frame and replace the actor with a dummy and the waypoint out of the area showed up as out of bounds until I ran around for a couple of minutes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I've been running this all day and I approve: 4pc Hunter Fury + intimidate/adrenaline rush chest and backpack. Take a Vindictive gun, the Grudge is ideal since it's an SMG and has the perfect version. Get a kill to proc HF, then kill a disoriented enemy nearby to proc Vindictive (and another stack of HF) and then you just keep going.

Additionally, it's worth it to bring Firewall's shield and brand bonuses which help (WH&CO, Grupo Sombra, Sokolov ... whatever boosts crit damage or gun damage) to just stack bonus on top of bonus.

It takes some doing to get all your buffs to line up but when you do get them all lined up, wow those numbers.

I don't think it's overpowered, either - it's in a good spot of having lower base damage but higher potential damage compared to a regular high end intimidate/adrenaline build, which has significantly more consistent damage output. What tips the scales for me is HF's sustainability with the disorient and health/armor on kill.

and since it's all on-kill, it sort of naturally balances instead of being overpowered because in 4p legendary you aren't getting all the kills instantly to keep all the buffs up constantly :v:

e: brands!

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Psion posted:

I've been running this all day and I approve: 4pc Hunter Fury + intimidate/adrenaline rush chest and backpack. Take a Vindictive gun, the Grudge is ideal since it's an SMG and has the perfect version. Stack mostly CHD since you've got 18% for free when Vindictive procs, which it will all the time. get a kill to proc HF, then kill a disoriented enemy nearby to proc Vindictive (and another stack of HF) and then you just keep going.

It takes some doing to get all your buffs to line up but when you do get them all lined up, wow those numbers.

I don't think it's Hugely OP, either - it's in a good spot of having lower base damage but higher potential damage compared to a regular high end intimidate/adrenaline build, which has significantly more consistent damage output. What tips the scales for me is HF's sustainability with the disorient and health/armor on kill.

This is pretty much what I'm running too, but I need to tweak my CHD stuff.