Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nemo2342 posted:

I'm hoping for oversized cargo shorts I can slap on my robot legs.

I really wish the outfits actually went over my CAST's parts instead of replacing them. I know that would be hard as hell to pull off, especially for a 10 year old game, but still. I want my Majima jacket on my murder robot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Currenty doing Episode 3, just around the end involving Apprentice. First off is that there's a brief bit of dialogue that involves Xion's death and Xiao replacing her role in ARKS to Aurora which somehow ends up being repeated three times which feels like a translation issue and second is that it foreshadows some stuff in future Episodes like a copy of Xion that was discarded which is Mother and a girl used to seal the Profound Darkness which is Shiva which is nice and interesting.

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 22, 2020

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

John Lee posted:

I think that's getting awfully technical about it, but I guess it probably isn't a new .exe? Unless you just change in the launcher, but that's a stretch. Regardless, I think it being an entirely new game is a valid statement minus the .exe bit, it'll have different mechanics, storyline, and graphics. If I'm level 15 and have five moves and then I hit a button and I'm playing the game differently and my character is doing all different stuff and I'm level 67 and have twelve different moves, I'd consider it a 'new game'- but it might just be an issue of definitions at that point.

Sega has been very specific about how this works. PSO2 NGS exists within the same client, and you access that content by going to a block where NGS content is accessed, similar to how you do PvP in a PvP block or Challenge Mode in a Challenge block. Your class and levels change when you transfer to those blocks too.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Tesla was right posted:

I think it's pso2 day today (extra triboost), and I've already done all my level grinding.

Is there anything that triboost's good for while I wait/gather bonus keys for episode 5?

The LQ drops 13s at a decent rate. The fornis drops with high slots are decent money because they have a good saf. The rest will sit a while and at worst turn into parts you'll probably need later for weapon upgrades.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
looking forward to the pso2 directory reaching something like 200 gigs

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Hivac posted:

looking forward to the pso2 directory reaching something like 200 gigs

More like pso2 in its own drive.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Finally wrapped up the Part 4 story. Everything after the confrontation with Mother felt incredibly pointless and the fight with Deus was lame. Given how Deus Esca casually makes a continent and stabs the moon it feels like that's a really bad threat to Earth.

I was surprised that all of the Disciples minus the director survived. I guess no one got hurt from the ARKs ship attack.

Kind of sad they dropped so many Episode 1-3 things though. I need to know what's going on with Oza and Marlu drat it.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Combat Lobster posted:

More like pso2 in its own drive.

i can't believe the curse of the vita version has stricken the pc version

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007
I got a Rappy Egg from Deus Esca, so I can't complain.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hivac posted:

i can't believe the curse of the vita version has stricken the pc version

[in dying luther noises] vita...means...life!!!

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Just had pubbies kill two back to back Deus Esca runs. Looks like the chicken is going to evade me yet again.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

When Pigs Cry posted:

Just had pubbies kill two back to back Deus Esca runs. Looks like the chicken is going to evade me yet again.

as I have been offline, I don't have to feel guilty about being one of them. :toot:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So last night I created 2 other characters so I had those ready, then hopped back on my Braver to try and get some more questing done. I really thought I was getting my head around this game and then what happened made me feel like I was on drugs.

I did some mission/quest thing that came up in the counter where I had to run through a bunch of areas and kill mobs on a timer. The only area I'd been in before was the volcano at the beginning, everything else felt like a bad trip. Someone else was running around with me with a double saber and just ending mobs left and right, I thought maybe some other player joined, but I never saw anything in my party list. At some point I was in a giant mech with a machine gun and sword? There were mind controlled zombies I think at some point? At the end we got sent to an area that just had a thing that shot out a bunch of loot.

I have no idea what happened, but I got some nice discs out of it.

I do have a few general questions:

- Are there more "normal" outfits or is all costume stuff from the paid stores? I enjoy the scifi anime look of the default outfits and would like to see more
- How do I actually browse all the outfits in the shops? I only seem to see actual ones in the "fresh finds" section, everything else doesn't seem to actually have anything.
- I have like 10 of these 100k exp tickets (I used like 5 before thinking about it) should I just use them all up?

I'm on xbox if it matters.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

For what it's worth a lot of areas are MPAs - multi party areas - where up to 12 people are matched in without being in a aparty, which is what you saw.

Outfits generally come from AC Scratch (gacha) or the mission pass which you can pay into with 200 Star Gems (and it pays for itself if you do enough of it, which is really easy). The AC Scratch outfits you can buy on the player market though, there's a nice catalogue on the Bumped blog's North American section. Fresh Finds also has some outfits, but they cost a lot of SG.

Chomp those tickets down, you'll get plenty more!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ouhei posted:

I did some mission/quest thing that came up in the counter where I had to run through a bunch of areas and kill mobs on a timer. The only area I'd been in before was the volcano at the beginning, everything else felt like a bad trip. Someone else was running around with me with a double saber and just ending mobs left and right, I thought maybe some other player joined, but I never saw anything in my party list. At some point I was in a giant mech with a machine gun and sword? There were mind controlled zombies I think at some point? At the end we got sent to an area that just had a thing that shot out a bunch of loot.

Sounds like you tried the Limited-Time quest we have going on. Do you want additional context for any of this?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

AweStriker posted:

Sounds like you tried the Limited-Time quest we have going on. Do you want additional context for any of this?

Ah, yeah I think that's what it was called. I imagine these are all areas from much later in the story?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah.
Just a warning that episode 1 is a total slog of a story campaign if you decide to start it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
My personal suggestion for the story is to do it after you're 80 with decent gear and blitz through doing all the hardcores for the SG and never do them again.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ouhei posted:

Ah, yeah I think that's what it was called. I imagine these are all areas from much later in the story?

In short, yes, though aside from the Moon you can also visit them through Urgent Quests (or a specific Bonus Quest in the case of the mech-riding part).

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Rynoto posted:

My personal suggestion for the story is to do it after you're 80 with decent gear and blitz through doing all the hardcores for the SG and never do them again.

I’ve been doing this and it sucks when you complete one and there’s some extra goal you had to complete like damage taken or you missed one monster they hid in some grass you have to cut down. They are already boring as hell as it is, I don’t want to do them again.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

latinotwink1997 posted:

I’ve been doing this and it sucks when you complete one and there’s some extra goal you had to complete like damage taken or you missed one monster they hid in some grass you have to cut down. They are already boring as hell as it is, I don’t want to do them again.

Damage taken is always the worst goal.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Sucks the Mission Pass tops out at 35, I just hit that and still have tons of stars available in my tier missions. :smith: give me more robot costumes, SG and boosts game!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Code Jockey posted:

Sucks the Mission Pass tops out at 35, I just hit that and still have tons of stars available in my tier missions. :smith: give me more robot costumes, SG and boosts game!

I like the system as you can skip annoying ones and still max it out.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rynoto posted:

I like the system as you can skip annoying ones and still max it out.

... you make a real good point.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I mean, just get more stars and you loop around to the start again.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

John Lee posted:

I mean, just get more stars and you loop around to the start again.

You do? My count is showing 0/10 (I'm 99% sure I should have extra) and the counter for stars until next tier is 0

I'll try to earn more and see if it does that I guess

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Once you hit level 5 of Overtime (which is tier 35 or whatever), that's it. No other stars matter at that point.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kirbysuperstar posted:

Once you hit level 5 of Overtime (which is tier 35 or whatever), that's it. No other stars matter at that point.

Gotcha.

I successfully affixed an augment this evening! :toot: I sat down with an affix simulator and I finally understand how it all works, and slapped Stamina IV on my bow (it only had Precision 3 before). It really isn't as complex as I thought, but the simulator helps a ton. Now to look at the various augments / souls out there and see what else I want on there...

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I haven't augmented any of my stuff, might get around to it when the updates slow down.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

Gotcha.

I successfully affixed an augment this evening! :toot: I sat down with an affix simulator and I finally understand how it all works, and slapped Stamina IV on my bow (it only had Precision 3 before). It really isn't as complex as I thought, but the simulator helps a ton. Now to look at the various augments / souls out there and see what else I want on there...

Starting with weapons is definitely the better choice as it's so much cheaper. A 6-augment with Alles Di Soul (Combo Soul), Arks Fever, (stat) 4 from SAF, + 3 others for your desired power / extra PP will last you well into endgame and can then be transferred to new weapons with passes. SAF or Special Ability Factors are guaranteed augments from bringing a weapon to +35 and using it in the process making them invaluable.
https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Ability_Factors_(Weapons)

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 24, 2020

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt7RBrssxAY

Looks cool. I’m a bit worried about the possible lack of changing weapons (at least at launch) though. And hopefully the enemies actually stay a threat instead of instantly dying like they do in vanilla PSO2.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
why did they take out just attacks

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

dragon enthusiast posted:

Looks like they're trying to even out combat damage and are building it back from the ground up. Hunter having a 5 hit combo is a shock in and of itself.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Managed to get to 75 on Braver thanks to being given a ton of Gold Tokyo Tickets. When I hit 80, I'll level Bouncer until Hero is available.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I wish there was some way to see how long an item has been sitting in your personal shop. I'd like to be able to easily see the stuff that hasn't moved so I can swap it out.

Sega if you're reading this, tia

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Because endless QTEs in combat is awful game design.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

*booting up fighting game* aagggh loving QTEs again

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

brand engager posted:

*booting up fighting game* aagggh loving QTEs again

Hold on a second, this is Omikron!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Because endless QTEs in combat is awful game design.

ninja blade was cool tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Combat Lobster posted:

Hold on a second, this is Omikron!

ooooh noooooo