Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Zogo posted:

2010 Rajon Rondo is not 2020 Rajon Rondo due to cellular regeneration. Only through opening a wormhole portal in the multiverse can the 2010 Celtics play the 2020 Lakers. Only then can Rajon Rondo fight his true younger self.

Imagine the tweets.

Crisis on Infinite Earvins :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1308898316403576832?s=21

Old enough to remember when this dude was a Core Piece

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Playoff P singing to his 2020 championship ring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neV1E4Maie8

Spacebump posted:

What if Donovan is going to the Bulls because they have a CP3 to the Bulls trade ready to go?

AD, Giannis and CP3 all on the 2021 Bulls. That's a championship.

:popeye:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Landry Fields becoming an AGM at 32 is basically myGM playing out in real life

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

BWV posted:

Spent the morning thinking about how Jamal Murray is cool because the ball still sort of looks big in his hands and he's sorta the perfect size for a true Bucket Getter.

Yeah, I doubt many had him as being the best scorer in the 2020 playoffs:

code:
NP	Player
93.4	Jamal Murray
86.44	Anthony Davis
80.56	Nikola Jokic
75.96	James Harden
75.16	LeBron James
71.48	Donovan Mitchell
57.64	Kawhi Leonard
47.84	Jimmy Butler
46.84	Serge Ibaka
45.56	Jayson Tatum

2.76	Khris Middleton
2.28	Torrey Craig
1	Dennis Schröder
-3.96	Danny Green
-4.28	Maxi Kleber
-4.44	Eric Bledsoe
-4.6	Marc Gasol
-9.72	Austin Rivers
-11.08	Russell Westbrook
-15.24	Pascal Siakam

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lakers better win this series

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

All jokes aside, I genuinely think the Bulls could get Beal in a year.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1308898316403576832?s=21

Old enough to remember when this dude was a Core Piece

fields had promising numbers his first year and then he suffered some kind of nerve damage that hosed up his ability to shoot. it could also just have been a fluky rookie year but he went from shooting .393 from three to .256 and (more telling) from .769 from the line to .562. It's very weird for someone's free throw shooting to collapse like that, and he proceeded to wash out of basketball entirely in 5 years so i think he legit was disabled by it.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/TheNBAHustle/status/1308603609563557891

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1308612157379026944

https://twitter.com/YoungNBA/status/1308816661546496001

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kyrie was right

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Zogo posted:

Yeah, I doubt many had him as being the best scorer in the 2020 playoffs:

code:
NP	Player
93.4	Jamal Murray
86.44	Anthony Davis
80.56	Nikola Jokic
75.96	James Harden
75.16	LeBron James
71.48	Donovan Mitchell
57.64	Kawhi Leonard
47.84	Jimmy Butler
46.84	Serge Ibaka
45.56	Jayson Tatum

2.76	Khris Middleton
2.28	Torrey Craig
1	Dennis Schröder
-3.96	Danny Green
-4.28	Maxi Kleber
-4.44	Eric Bledsoe
-4.6	Marc Gasol
-9.72	Austin Rivers
-11.08	Russell Westbrook
-15.24	Pascal Siakam

per game? i'm lazy

Niwrad posted:

All jokes aside, I genuinely think the Bulls could get Beal in a year.

The bulls just going through all the core members of a terrible washington team like they're real stars is extremely bulls

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Lakers better win this series

Why lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dying at scary terry and lebron just remorselessly chucking threes with nothing to show for it

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Grant was my favorite low key free agent signing last offseason. Nice to be right about something for once, even though it took a Bojan injury to come true.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

fields had promising numbers his first year and then he suffered some kind of nerve damage that hosed up his ability to shoot. it could also just have been a fluky rookie year but he went from shooting .393 from three to .256 and (more telling) from .769 from the line to .562. It's very weird for someone's free throw shooting to collapse like that, and he proceeded to wash out of basketball entirely in 5 years so i think he legit was disabled by it.

Even before he completely went to poo poo Fields was
a good example of a guy who was kind of okay getting blown up into something more entirely because he was Knick but yeah the injury definitely hosed him up. He was a lovely college free throw shooter all four years too though so some of it was just normal regression to the mean

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 24, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t take
1 . Lebron losing
2. Jokic

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

I can’t take
1 . Lebron losing
2. Jokic

lol why do you hate jokic you're such a weirdo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

Even before he completely went to poo poo Fields was
a good example of a guy who was kind of okay getting blown up into something more entirely because he was Knick but yeah the injury definitely hosed him up

oh for sure, even without the injury i think his celing was like, bojan bogdanovic or otto porter. third best guy on a playoff team maybe. but it was legitimately a good rookie season and not 100% new york hype like Renaldo Balkman or something

edit: i don't follow college basketball and didn't know that so maybe it really was just a fluke! we shall never know

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

oh for sure, even without the injury i think his celing was like, bojan bogdanovic or otto porter. third best guy on a playoff team maybe. but it was legitimately a good rookie season and not 100% new york hype like Renaldo Balkman or something

bojan is way better, he's legit one of the best shooters in the league and was scoring 20 a game on good efficiency. you can actually run some offense through him

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

bojan is way better, he's legit one of the best shooters in the league and was scoring 20 a game on good efficiency. you can actually run some offense through him

yeah but not when he came into the league and certainly not when he was a 22 year old playing in...what was it, turkey or italy or something?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MourningView posted:

lol why do you hate jokic you're such a weirdo

you answered your own question

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

euphronius posted:

I can’t take
1 . Lebron losing
2. Jokic

Are you getting in in the ground floor before he wins an MVP/Finals MVP and people turn on him? Because I respect that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My posts have been consistent I have an NBAanschauung which is pure and Jokic is a joke

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Not liking Jokic is hard to imagine especially when Murray is right there.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

big boi posted:

Are you getting in in the ground floor before he wins an MVP/Finals MVP and people turn on him? Because I respect that

This is good planning. By the usual clock it's probably less than 2 years away.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Maestro posted:

Grant was my favorite low key free agent signing last offseason. Nice to be right about something for once, even though it took a Bojan injury to come true.

The nuggets gave up a first to get him, but yeah it was a great deal.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

538 compared jamal murray to stephen curry before it was fashionable and, well

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lockback posted:

Lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

The 2022-23 season

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

I will only turn on Jokic if he speaks ill of the SFRY and south Slavic unity under a people’s government

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

more FTA in this game than LeBron in this series btw, in spite of LeBron taking more FGA in the paint than anyone in the series

https://twitter.com/TreyfromNY/status/1308902089112911873

Jamal Murray turn yourself in

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The nuggets aren’t contesting LeBron at the rim at all so of course they’re not fouling him

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'd have to see the top of her head to be sure but I don't think that's Jamal's girl

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

My posts have been consistent I have an NBAanschauung which is pure and Jokic is a joke

I won't judge. I can't stand Joe Ingles, Patron Saint of Drop Bears, and apparently half of SAS is actually Australian or a Jazz fan

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MourningView posted:

I'd have to see the top of her head to be sure but I don't think that's Jamal's girl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Things going well in Philadelphia

https://twitter.com/sixersadam/status/1308939020555161600?s=21

Edit

To be clear that is likely a leak by Scott O’Neil to smear brand

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Vinestalk posted:

I won't judge. I can't stand Joe Ingles

My man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The last thing I want to do is turn on a tv to watch nba basketball and see Joe Ingles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

With Fields getting an FO gig, I want Coangelo to get aanother job to see that awkward negotiation.

For non-Rap fans that don’t remember the franchise existed in the dead times between Vince and Masai, BC had some crazy galaxy brain plan where signing Fields to a big offer sheet would somehow block the Knicks from being able to sign Nash as an FA leaving the Raps to sign him. It’s not like there are at least 3 ways where that could have horribly backfired in ways a 5 year old could have predicted even in that one sentence explanation.