Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Rework Fort Condor into a small-scale MGSV/Peace Walker style Mother Base management system that's going on in the background of the rest of the game with combat deployment missions you can launch anytime and they might be onto something IMO

Only if I can fulton a chocobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

BisbyWorl posted:

Only if I can fulton a chocobo.

Now we're cooking with gas

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Now we're cooking with gas

Makomachines!?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Rework Fort Condor into a small-scale MGSV/Peace Walker style Mother Base management system that's going on in the background of the rest of the game with combat deployment missions you can launch anytime and they might be onto something IMO

Only if it involves microtransactions like Konami

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Gologle posted:

Only if it involves microtransactions like Konami

Time to stock up on FC coins

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
A weapon to surpass the Sister Ray!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When does Info infinity's End first start playing?

It can't take all the way till the Deepground to first show up right?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So I have basically finished the game on hard, I am at the last chapter but I am trying to finish the secret vr battle.

Any tips for the vs top secrets vr battle? I haven't been able to beat Bahamut yet in it. Once he summons Ifrit should I just kill Ifrit? He seems a lot easier to kill but also there is so much damage going around that I can't keep everyone alive.

Btw can you get a 2nd magnify materia on hard?

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Ulio posted:

So I have basically finished the game on hard, I am at the last chapter but I am trying to finish the secret vr battle.

Any tips for the vs top secrets vr battle? I haven't been able to beat Bahamut yet in it. Once he summons Ifrit should I just kill Ifrit? He seems a lot easier to kill but also there is so much damage going around that I can't keep everyone alive.

Btw can you get a 2nd magnify materia on hard?

First time I beat Hardmode Bahamut, I just focused on Bahamut, and didn't touch Ifrit until the end. Letting up on damage to Bahamut means that you are less likely to make him Vulnerable, which means he's more likely to just wail on you.

And no there's only one Magnify.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ulio posted:

Get the two absorb elemental materia mastered and linked to fire. Then you can just concentrate on Bahamut while Ifrit keeps healing two members of your team.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You can also buy accessories at the vending machine that revive you once upon death (you lose the accessory if it happens, but that's what reloading is for). Equip those, make it to Bahamut without dying and you can safely tank one Megaflare

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I saved Cloud and Tifa's limit breaks for when Ifrit appeared, then basically took it out as soon as it was summoned. Ifrit has low HP for a summon and 1 limit break is nearly half its HP taken off.

Having weapons on Reprieve also helps a ton, as you can survive one Megaflare as long as you don't get KO'd early. Bahamut has a pause after Megaflare which gives the team time for Pray or a magnified Curaga.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

TaurusOxford posted:

Get the two absorb elemental materia mastered and linked to fire. Then you can just concentrate on Bahamut while Ifrit keeps healing two members of your team.

This. Even one elemental materia helps because Ifrit most likely focuses on your party leader but two makes it even easier.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ok good advice, I already have reprieve so not sure if the revive pendants are worth and I'll probably lose atleast some member in leviathan. As for the elemental absorption ya that might be good, I was using that only on cloud but I had ice so I can just smash through Shiva but if it makes Ifrit basically into a cleric for my party that might be worth it. I'll give it another go.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Also remember that you get 50% of your MP back after every fight, which I personally found hard to wrap my mind around after going through the game on Hard. With MP Up you can afford to keep up the pressure and go a little ham by casting big spells on Shiva and Leviathan.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Square releases a PC port some day so we can see what modders can do with materia and VR battles and stuff

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

doos posted:

Also remember that you get 50% of your MP back after every fight, which I personally found hard to wrap my mind around after going through the game on Hard. With MP Up you can afford to keep up the pressure and go a little ham by casting big spells on Shiva and Leviathan.

Ya, I know and reprieve is so useful on this mission. I still can't beat Bahamut. I might just go try the solo bahamut fight to see how I got him, I really have trouble getting his stagger down. I've seen people go full damage with fury rings or use arcane ward to spam raga spells. I tried both but I got him only to 10% and couldn't finish him before stagger ended.

The first 3 I am just speedrunning now, just gonna figure Bahamut out.

I would just get it on PC for better textures that's it. This game looks so good but then there are random textures that look ps1 era.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm hoping for a PS5 patch (or more likely a paid PS5 upgrade, let's be honest), which could sort out the texture loading issues and also the insanely long loading times when you have to restart an area.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm hoping for a PS5 patch (or more likely a paid PS5 upgrade, let's be honest), which could sort out the texture loading issues and also the insanely long loading times when you have to restart an area.

I swear we had this same discussion in the Star Wars Fallen Order thread about texture pop in and long load times after deaths and the conclusion was the Unreal 4 engine is the root problem.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Sep 26, 2020

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Eh not sure I just played Star Wars Fallen Order before FF7r and didn't notice any texture issues but that was on PC. I think I saw someone show that the high res textures in FF7R are there they just don't load for some reason, I would guess an SSD would solve some of that.

Btw I am so loving happy finally finished the mission vs vr top secrets. I tried it for a whole week. I used Cloud/Tifa/Aerith all with fury rings, basically I saw some guy doing this speedrun of it without using limits + summons or gotterdammerung. The whole tactic was to instantly stagger the enemies and basically finish them in 1 rotation. I think I only got to pride and joy twice.

I don't know if they patched it but all the all videos I see of the run I see people staggering Bahamut before he can summon Ifrit but I just couldn't get him staggered before he summoned Ifrit. I wish there was a command to position your teammates because the key way to beat Bahamut is to raga spam him with Arcane ward but your allies just move in random directions so you have to micromanage so much.

Anyway now I can finish the last chapter on hard and abuse gotterdammerung for a few battles. Also I don't know if this is a bug but it doesn't matter who I set my party leader to but it always stays Cloud?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Changing party leader only changes which character gets the camera at the start of a combat, if that's what you mean. It doesn't change who you run around as in the non combat portions, unfortunately, because of course everyone would be Tifa at all times.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Silly question, but if you could bring forwards the next remake release by 6 months but it would have 2 more hours of monkey bar sections, would you do it?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Marmaduke! posted:

Silly question, but if you could bring forwards the next remake release by 6 months but it would have 2 more hours of monkey bar sections, would you do it?

As long as they keep the kickass music track; that poo poo slaps

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I listened to this for 4 hours yesterday alone so that's fine by me too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um8WhsCrqbw

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Marmaduke! posted:

Hell no, just cut the game down to 30 - 35 hours / 60 - 70 for total completion and leave it at that. I wish they'd done that with this part; it's great, but it would have been that much tighter with five hours shaved off.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

el oso posted:

I listened to this for 4 hours yesterday alone so that's fine by me too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um8WhsCrqbw

I know you can take a wrong turn in that section but that's ridiculous!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Someone keeps taking down the full OST version of Hand Over Hand on youtube. They are greedy IP trolls who also incidentally have enough taste in music to know it's the best song on the whole soundtrack.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

Changing party leader only changes which character gets the camera at the start of a combat, if that's what you mean. It doesn't change who you run around as in the non combat portions, unfortunately, because of course everyone would be Tifa at all times.

Ya I know that it was bugged for vr battles but in regular battles it was working. I saw videos of people doing vr battles and they were getting proper leader in it.

Gotterdammerung makes the rest of the game a freebie, also bless whoever in Square decided you could skip the awful motorfights.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm slightly drunk so I'd just like to tell you I like you all and thank you all FF7 fans who stood with me over the years that meant a lot, xoxo.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Elentor posted:

I'm slightly drunk so I'd just like to tell you I like you all and thank you all FF7 fans who stood with me over the years that meant a lot, xoxo.

Thanks for showing us there's so much more to the original game than the iffy translation suggests. That these little Lego people have such developed characters.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, it's weird how Aerith in particular got warped into some kind of Disney princess when she was always this playful manipulator. Tifa was closer to the archetype

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, it's weird how Aerith in particular got warped into some kind of Disney princess when she was always this playful manipulator. Tifa was closer to the archetype

The remake getting Aerith spot on was the best surprise besides them getting Wall Market dead on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aerith wore pink and Tifa had big boobs and that was about as much thought as anyone put into it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

The remake getting Aerith spot on was the best surprise besides them getting Wall Market dead on.

As soon as she said poo poo under her breath, I knew I didn't have to worry about how she was handled. That's not even something she said originally.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Elentor posted:

I am sad that you felt that you couldn't continue with the LP of the remake, but I did just want to say that the original FF7 LP was absolutely fantastic. I don't think I got the chance to let you know.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Momomo posted:

As soon as she said poo poo under her breath, I knew I didn't have to worry about how she was handled. That's not even something she said originally.

I think if you listen closely you'll find that she actually said 糞

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Ulio posted:

Ya I know that it was bugged for vr battles but in regular battles it was working. I saw videos of people doing vr battles and they were getting proper leader in it.

Maybe I'm confusing what you're saying, but your party order in VR is based on the order you select your characters to participate. Since your party leader might be set to Cloud, but you could make a team of Barret, Tifa, and Aerith.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

Maybe I'm confusing what you're saying, but your party order in VR is based on the order you select your characters to participate. Since your party leader might be set to Cloud, but you could make a team of Barret, Tifa, and Aerith.

Oh fk, ya I totally forgot and it actually never even occurred to me to not take Cloud or that you could do that. I thought the order had no importance there.

Anyway finished the game on hard. It was easy till like the Eligor boss fight because he casts reflect nonstop, the vr battle vs top secret was also hard. Other than that I think it was fairly straight forward even with the new moves for the bosses.
Basically in chapter 17 if u get the gotterdammerung the end game is a piece of cake, without it I could see it being a bit harder.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Finally got around playing ff7: Re-enactment, what it feels like a whole decade late to the discourse, and it's a homerun.

When i read the spoilers on release day i figured this would be similar to eva rebuild, where the first chapter would follow through the originals, but instead it's scope is wider; it encompasses the whole experience already.
When we get a part 2 I'd put money on them dropping the Remake subtitle cause it already feels like ff7 remade only condensed into midgard. You don't get the same exact storybeats but you get (some of) the psx cgi re-enacted, you get characterisations that would be more spread out in the originals plot, and you get midgar, the most enduring bit of the original.

I'm guessing this was the team's love letter to the psx og and the sequels will go hard on their Compilation project. Vincent will get a dirge of cerebrus callback chapter all of his own or smth.

I'd love if the UI got a overhaul though, especially the enemies attack names, that shits tiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Ulio posted:

Anyway finished the game on hard. It was easy till like the Eligor boss fight because he casts reflect nonstop, the vr battle vs top secret was also hard. Other than that I think it was fairly straight forward even with the new moves for the bosses.
Basically in chapter 17 if u get the gotterdammerung the end game is a piece of cake, without it I could see it being a bit harder.

I finished it on hard today as well, didn't have gotter but it was still relatively straightforward. While you have to have a good plan to beat Rufus and the Arsenal, you can just sorta do what you want against the Whispers (kinda wish I knew what was going on but it worked so never mind).

I'm not one to really pay much attention to trophies, but it's funny how slightly more players have gotten all 9 outfits than have gotten all the enemy skills. I don't think I can be bothered to go back and redo chapter 10 to get Cloud's 10th manuscript, I can't imagine doing all the outfit tasks over and over...

Edit: repeat chapter 9, I mean..

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 6, 2020