Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the no pol cjs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i dont have a dog any more and i wfh so i never get to pet dogs these days

work needs more dogs

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
can i post c q s here tho

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i forgot i agreed to supervise a kids masters thesis and now i have to proofread 200 pages

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

work SUCKS!!!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ground floor for this thanks bumpy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
in this thread I will be restrained

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

you spelled funy wrong

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

can i post c q s here tho
please do

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
doesnt it uh make more sense to keep cjs cjs and move general hellworld chat to its own

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
c q s: finally whacked our fourier transform like to be unitary. peak results are exactly as same as dft which was wanted. deffo can be calculated in our disgustingly fast way w modulus but only powers of two right now. gotta figure out some way to "mix" the moduli, prolly w judicious use of lcm

one path goes, ok, do lcm of a big semiprime and big power of two and find composite factors, then just rip out powers of two everywhere and hope the primes are part of different big composite factors. sort of like a demented way of making it compatible with a demented pollard rho

so like, say you were factoring 33. you go and factor 128 * 33 instead and get, like, 192 * 22 or some poo poo and divide away the power of 2 dross to get 3 * 11

just gotta be sure in some way that we would be able to factor like that w the periods we would get from mod 128 * 33

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 23, 2020

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

graph posted:

doesnt it uh make more sense to keep cjs cjs and move general hellworld chat to its own

yes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

graph posted:

it would be my preference if i’m being honest but literally any reprieve from america-centric doomer poo poo will work for me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
buy a gun, buy ammo, learn how to use both. hello thread

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you're uncomfortable with owning a firearm due to self mental health issues, find a lefty buddy in town, remove the bolt from your gun and let them hold it. you now cannot shoot yourself in the head when having a bad day, but you have access to a firearm when the civil war erupts

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hotdesking during a pandemic lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

hotdesking during a pandemic lol

it's a hot desk alright!

Actual work funniness: great when customers raise a P0 and page you and drag you into a god drat microsoft teams chat conference, you fix the problem, and they don't respond for 48h confirming it was fixed

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

please we dont hotdesk here this is a desk hotel

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

our designer who thinks that all desks should be featureless white slabs is pushing to go to hotdesking when covid is over. i think he will get his way as part
of more permanent work from home.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
#1 work grievance: i have to do it or they dont give me money

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

booking a ticket for the HMS Same here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the kinda funny but real part is i kinda think thats how the c-levels work?

Just be available while nothing's bad, you don't have to do anything
But if things go bad, we need press releases and/or a resignation from you when poo poo hits the fan

Like, pay me on my _capability_ to do work, not my actual work output

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

c-levels 100% do work. Nowhere near enough to justify their engorged salaries but they do as much work as anyone posting in this thread.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

they do as much work as anyone posting in this thread.

i mean maybe not bob tho

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

or maybe especially bob. idk.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

varies by shop but yeah

the 100-person company I work for has only a couple c-levels and all three of them do a lot. the president is also a real chill dude. not to excuse capitalist hierarchy and the benefits of being in the upper echelons but sometimes c-levels do in fact produce from their labour

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ngl our ceo (new as of jan 2020, so take that timing as you will) sends out some really kind and thoughtful weekly covid updates right now. The down side is that he starts it out by talking about how good his last week off was, where he could just kayak around an ontario lake and trade jokes with his beautiful wife and gorgeous kids over a nice family meal

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my favorite CEO worked really hard and was at the same time sleeping with the CEO of our most direct competitor, it was a little weird

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i always wondered about that, was it just like "well i havent met any other humans recently, wanna gently caress?" or was it more like romeo and juliet or what?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

funny work grievance: my ceo wont stop loving the competition!!! LITERALLY!!!!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rotor posted:

i always wondered about that, was it just like "well i havent met any other humans recently, wanna gently caress?" or was it more like romeo and juliet or what?

I think at a certain point fancy suit types forget how to be social and two socially broken but monetarily empowered c-levels going "the only thing I'm missing in life is companionship" decide the reasonable course of action is corporate-taboo trysts

they're like nerds in a way, but with money

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kazinsal posted:

I think at a certain point fancy suit types forget how to be social and two socially broken but monetarily empowered c-levels going "the only thing I'm missing in life is companionship" decide the reasonable course of action is corporate-taboo trysts

this is kinda what i leaned towards yeah

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

its funnier if you imagine the boards of directors at the respective companies as the capulets and montagues tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

my favorite CEO worked really hard and was at the same time sleeping with the CEO of our most direct competitor, it was a little weird

talk about a profit sharing arrangement amirite fellas

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

its funnier if you imagine the boards of directors at the respective companies as the capulets and montagues tho

all thumb biting and poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The CTO at the place I interned at in college was sleeping with the CFO. He was also keeping his family in scotland so they wouldn't find out about his affair.

The fallout must have been good because after both stepped down, the company was quickly purchased by venture capital ghouls.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

all thumb biting and poo poo

just an absolute torrent of white kid glove slaps

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

so their scions will both drink poison, mmm, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
let's try keeping cjs as cjs and use this thread for non-cjs US happenings https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941589