Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Calling my PlayStation a oval office like John Lithgow in dexter

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
watermelon festival completed, took maybe 10 attempts but i appreciate the challenge. lily pad one is gonna be tough, but i’ve got the champions spirit and will not be stopped.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
corona mountain, lets fuckin goooo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dire dire socks is bottom 3 levels in this game for sure. After the sub goes away half the space is just an empty giant room with some moving poles. Nothing level

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dire dire socks

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I reached credits in Sunshine. exquisite game, had an absolute blast and really honed my skills. haven’t found the infamous pachinko level, but it’s been an immaculate island vacation with Mario. 10/10

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tao of lmao posted:

*looks at gangtags* WHAT ARE THOOOOSE?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the coin star in tick tock clock can kiss my whole rear end!!!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dire dire socks is bottom 3 levels in this game for sure. After the sub goes away half the space is just an empty giant room with some moving poles. Nothing level

The genius part, is half the space is a giant empty room with some moving poles, and the other half is a giant empty room without moving poles. SHiggy the genius did it again!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Galaxy is finally filling in the crucial Rosalina/Luma lore/context i’d been missing for a decade. She’s the protector of the cosmos? Impressive. And only cements my choice in her as a mario kart main.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Galaxy is finally filling in the crucial Rosalina/Luma lore/context i’d been missing for a decade. She’s the protector of the cosmos? Impressive. And only cements my choice in her as a mario kart main.

shes good in smash too but very advanced

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Boy the camera in 64 can be a bit of a nightmare, I was doing the wall kicks in the icy place and you need to build up speed on a triple jump so I just kept going after my first wall kick and the camera just gets totally lost. Gameplay is fun but the camera hasn't gotten any less irritating yet

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

googled to see the difference between lakita bros and Mario camera

"It will take practice before the camera controls become natural, and even then you may not find the angle you were hoping for. This is because the world is so real that the camera can't follow you without running into a wall or other physical boundary. It's just another testament to N64's power."

interesting

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

jumping into the abyss yet again because the camera suddenly flipped backwards: This world is so real. This is a testament to the N64's power.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

"It will take practice before the camera controls become natural, and even then you may not find the angle you were hoping for. This is because the world is so real that the camera can't follow you without running into a wall or other physical boundary. It's just another testament to N64's power."

interesting

I wish more games were brave enough to have the camera be a real physical being who followed you around

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

interesting

lmao. ive mostly come to terms with the camera, whats killing me most at the end of the game are when mario takes a big fat turn when it feels like he should be doing a 180. 110 stars, 10 remaining.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i found it very easy to use the camera after a bit of practice, the right analog stick is so much better than the c buttons. the camera is superb in the other mario games, so no wonder people get upset comparing it to that. but it's not this semi-unplayable nightmare people make it out to be lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Forgot how many weird motion control minigames were in SMG, gonna play more SM64 to mentally prepare for the dreaded green star galaxies.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gently caress WILD GLIDE GALAXY GREEN STAR 2!! I loving HATE MOTION CONTROLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fluzzard ftmfw.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Fluzzard ftmfw.

*my avatar drops her ice creams and shoots a machine gun at your avatar*

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
same thing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

same thing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

gently caress WILD GLIDE GALAXY GREEN STAR 2!! I loving HATE MOTION CONTROLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty easy if you just emulate the motion to the left stick on a Dualshock 4.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

thats illegal

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Galaxy is so awesome, all these games are so awesome. And yet they were too loving stupid, ignorant, or blind to give me a button to throw my hat, Cappy, at enemies. Seems insane looking back

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Shes also 8 ft tall

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pulling off the perfect timing of chained jumps is so sick

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm trying to figure out a good ds4 setup for smg2 and haven't found one. Could you post yours please.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eClXjv6CbxY

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FINALLY cleared out tick tock clock. took a break to get a bunch of rainbow ride and came back, got the coin star/thwomp star first try. i like rainbow ride a lot more than tick tock clock even though rainbow ride's a harder level, so i'm pumped for the last three stars here. 116 stars down, still need big house in the sky, the rainbow cannon star, the last 100 coin star, and the red coins in bowser in the sky

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

tick tock clock is absolutely the hardest level, it can gently caress you over so many times. rainbow ride was relatively easy, and fun this time around, even getting 100 coins (despite a very stressful coin hunt at 99 lol). both levels are about patience, but i feel like what really hosed with you on rainbow ride was how hard it could be to pull of wall jumps for example with a tired n64 analog stick

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’ve died a thousand deaths on cool cool mountain

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it took me 25 years of trying to get to that screenshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

100 coins on hazy maze cave was nowhere near as horrible as I feared. Onward to the upstairs