Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Uptime Sinclair posted:

man. raised by wolves ep 2 is cool af

it's good, but I watched last episode of deca-dence today and drat. as I said before the sets and costumes in raised by wolves are good, but there's no colour, and the characters are just as bland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

man. raised by wolves ep 2 is cool af

i thought this show was going to be really goofy but it actually mostly works and i'm into it now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anime oppression in the scifi thread is anti japanese racism. you can probate or ban me for this post but that doesnt make it any less true

i will try to not absolutely poo poo this thread up with eva clips or w/e but banning video from the land of the rising sun is hamfisted and dull

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Glorgnole posted:

i thought this show was going to be really goofy but it actually mostly works and i'm into it now

the focus on eyes is really revealing and interesting

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

anime oppression in the scifi thread is anti japanese racism. you can probate or ban me for this post but that doesnt make it any less true

i will try to not absolutely poo poo this thread up with eva clips or w/e but banning video from the land of the rising sun is hamfisted and dull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFOWIkizHt4

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

as I said before the sets and costumes in raised by wolves are good, but there's no colour, and the characters are just as bland
it does lose something by trying to hew to ridley scott sci fi canon

Glorgnole posted:

the first ep has some clunky goofy dialogue and moments but i think that’s an issue with a lot of “creation myths” viewed through a hard sci fi lens and welp

Jonny 290 posted:

cosigned, at least for discussion. it’s just words and they only hurt you if you read them, you big diaper babies who shut down last thread

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm p. sure you can post super sentai clips or whatever and no one gives a poo poo. you can also post cartoons that are not japanese.

it's just japanese cartoons, and at this point i assume the reason is pure bloody-mindedness, because it's in the rules

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

the focus on eyes is really revealing and interesting
it’s definitely got some blade runner eye focus going on from the get go

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
otoh, i'm pretty sure the rule exists because of people absolutely spamming anime clips in some previous thread

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

otoh, i'm pretty sure the rule exists because of people absolutely spamming anime clips in some previous thread

no, it's just me posting sci fi that isn't western

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
here. here's my eva post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rq2_CSO65Y

please give us 3.0 + 1.0 already Anno-sama

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

as far as i can tell the only contact graph has with this forum any more is posting baseball videos that no one cares about and periodically putting smoka in jail for anime

regime change now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

but if graph didn't constantly probe smoka for increasingly arbitrary reasons, who would?

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it does lose something by trying to hew to ridley scott sci fi canon

seeing that androids once again bleed milk for some reason was a bit of an eye roll. like, ok ridley, we get it, you found an aesthetic nice work.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

as far as i can tell the only contact graph has with this forum any more is posting baseball videos that no one cares about and periodically putting smoka in jail for anime

regime change now
:agreed:

I don't have much love for anime (does primal count as anime? Primal was cool) but i also don't have some weird goony-self-loathing hate boner over it either in order to loudly declare that i'm a so much cooler normal-guy unlike those other nerds because see how much I Hate Thing. imo let people enjoy and talk about what they want to, and also youtubes are unembedded for me anyways so i can just like.. not click smoka's youtube links. maybe if people are spamming actual .gifs/.webms writ-large and become a problem sure ok. And stuff like eva/akira/gits/cowboy bepop/whatever is sci-fi afaik so it's on-topic.

seems stupid and arbitrary in tyool 2020, and also purple-stymie was right.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Glorgnole posted:

seeing that androids once again bleed milk for some reason was a bit of an eye roll. like, ok ridley, we get it, you found an aesthetic nice work.

it represents cum

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

indigi posted:

it represents cum

don't spoil the thesis of RBW Theorycrafting and Wild Speculation Episode 1/?? [10:01]

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if it's good it's good, and I'd like to share good things with people who might not get exposed to it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I mean the only reason I know about raised by wolves is because someone posted about it in this thread

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't like most anime but i do like akira and redline.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i don't like most anime but i do like akira and redline.

redline is a loving masterpiece of animation and it's amazing it even happened. real blood sweat and tears there

no joke that poo poo should be in a museum for all time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
redline is so loving good yes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my top 3 drawn works are the original eva series (obvs), heavy metal, and the secret of kells. the latter i watched on a nice handful of mushrooms once and it was a pure ray of wonder the whole time

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLPdgcGPRg

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

the secret of kells. the latter i watched on a nice handful of mushrooms once and it was a pure ray of wonder the whole time
i should rewatch this sometime, i do remember liking it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
a 4k version of redline would be jaw dropping

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

and the secret of kells. the latter i watched on a nice handful of mushrooms once and it was a pure ray of wonder the whole time

oh yeah. i watched that on something, possibly dxm, it was pretty good from what i can remember

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i like that there are frog and dog people driving hyper jet hover cars with rocket launchers, and then the main character is in like a pontiac with NOS

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

oh yeah. i watched that on something, possibly dxm, it was pretty good from what i can remember
i was just thinking of dxm the other day. i can’t believe i did it twice. can’t imagine watching a show like that on it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Anime movie: full of frog and dog people driving hyper jet rocket cars
Me: wow, what a crazy world, I wonder who the main character is going to be
Anime movie: also one white guy with a pompadour and leather jacket driving a classic muscle car
Me: oh okay

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

Anime movie: also one white guy with a pompadour and leather jacket driving a classic muscle car

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i was just thinking of dxm the other day. i can’t believe i did it twice. can’t imagine watching a show like that on it

it was quite a while ago now, but what i remember is that with higher doses you wind up being completely engrossed in whatever it is you're watching, fully engaged. the rest of the effects are often unpleasant and disorienting, but it's interesting.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

i like that there are frog and dog people driving hyper jet hover cars with rocket launchers, and then the main character is in like a pontiac with NOS

and a wicked pompadour

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my hair is now long enough that i can do a bun

i cant pull of the samurai topknot just yet

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

he's not white lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rIguM71LQI

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there's a japanese rockabilly bar just down the street from me. i've never seen anyone with a pompadour there, but i don't doubt there are

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

there's a japanese rockabilly bar just down the street from me. i've never seen anyone with a pompadour there, but i don't doubt there are

one day you'll meet smooth jp

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

:yeah:
I actually don't mind that anime clips get you a sixer, it keeps the thread from being all clips and no discussion and a sixer is no big deal, and a great video or joke or w/e is totally worth a sixer. but banning even talking about anime is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

my hair is now long enough that i can do a bun

i cant pull of the samurai topknot just yet

I always wanted to be like counterculture wearing a gasmask and crazy clothes type, and now I'm cyberpunk as gently caress in dirty faded clothes lmao