Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Brody 21 28.38%
Diamante and Ivelisse vs Shida and Rosa 0 0%
Kingston vs Mox 40 54.05%
Page vs Uno 13 17.57%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1308932813387902978

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 9/23 mostly via FWOnline.com

quote:

Jim Ross, Excalibur and Tony Schiavone were the broadcast team.

Miro & Kip Sabian (w/Penelope Ford) defeated Joey Janela & Sonny Kiss

This was a mixed bag. I thought they used Miro smartly and he played to his strengths, mostly tagging in for a few power spots.

I thought that any talk of Miro having a new physique was overblown last week but I was wrong. He's gigantic.

Janela and Kiss got some shine on Sabian early. Sabian and Miro cut Kiss off and worked him over. This was formulaic but the work was very good at this stage.

Janela got a hot tag and things got sloppy. Miro, Janela and Sabian brawled to the floor. Miro sold his ankle and was limping for a bit.

Miro tried to launch Sabian over the barricade to Janela. Janela was supposed to hit something mid-air but the camera crew didn't get a good shot of it and it looked like they botched it anyway.

Miro used the former Accolade, now possibly called Game Over, for the submission win on Kiss.

Eddie Kingston entered and demanded the hard camera be focused on him. He said he and Mox used to be cut from the same cloth but then Mox sold out and became a sports entertainer, selling his soul to the devil.

He demanded that Moxley face him. Moxley entered and faced off with Kingston. A security team kept them apart.

This was an excellent segment. Give me a Kingston promo every week.

The announcers previewed the card. Kenny Omega joined the commentary desk for the next match.

Hangman Page defeated Evil Uno (w/Dark Order)

This was exactly the same thing they did last week, there was no storyline advancement with Omega and Page. Omega was better on commentary this week than last week but still managed to talk under Page's ring introduction.

JR tried to help Omega get over the storyline here and asked if he was going to help Page out. Omega said he was staying put because he's a singles guy now.

Page is still getting his legs under him as a singles guy and his matches aren't clicking on all cylinders yet.

They had a back and forth brawl before an ad break. Uno worked Page over in a picture-in-picture ad break.

Page made a comeback. Uno tossed him to the stage. Uno asked Dark Order to go to the back rather than interfere.

Page made another comeback and hit a standing shooting star for a two count. Uno hit a senton atomico for a two count.

Page hit a powerbomb with a stack cover for a near fall, then followed with a Buckshot Lariat for the pin.

Schiavone interviewed Matt Jackson backstage. Matt said fans may have noticed that he and Nick have been acting out of character lately.

He broke Tony's phone and continued to act like a jerk.

TNT Championship match: Mr. Brodie Lee defeated Orange Cassidy to retain the title

Not much to the match here but it was more a backdrop for the post-match angle.

Cassidy did his comedy kicks and pockets spot.

Cassidy tried a suicide dive but the Dark Order lackies caught him and allowed Lee to take over. Lee beat on Cassidy through an ad break.

Cassidy made a comeback and ran wild with suicide dives. JR went on his weekly crusade to undermine talent by ripping on dives. Cassidy hit a pair of tornado DDTs for near falls.

John Silver jumped in. Cassidy hit him with an Orange Punch. Lee used the distraction to hit a powerbomb and a discus lariat for the pin.

After the match, Cody's music hit.

Cody entered. He has dark hair now.

Cody beat up some Dark Order lackies while Lee escaped.

After a commercial, Lee cut a promo. He asked what kind of man Cody was for sending Dustin and Brandi to do his work for him while he was in a bubble somewhere.

Lee asked what kind of man Cody was that his wife was posting thirst traps and calling Lee "Daddy."

Lee pulled out a dog collar and challenged Cody to a dog collar match. He gave Cody a week to respond.

This was another strong promo. The high point of this show tonight is the promos by a wide margin.

Matt Hardy and Private Party made their way to the ring. Hardy said it was his birthday.

Hardy said he was attacked from behind last week. He used a lot of words to say that someone with a mask attacked him with a pipe or bat and noted that right after he was laid out, Jericho and Hager entered with a bat.

Hardy said he has a lot of enemies but was pointing the finger at Jericho.

Jericho and The Inner Circle entered. Sammy Guevara is back. Jericho said he didn't attack Hardy. Jericho was carrying a baseball bat.

Hardy wanted to fight the whole Inner Circle. Quen and Kassidy talked sense to him and reminded him he's not cleared yet.

Quen said he is cleared and laid out Jericho last week. Kassidy said he's ready to make Le Champion his bitch next week.

FTR and Tully Blanchard came to the ring for a promo. Tully said that Tag title matches on TV will now have a 20 minute time limit and he and FTR get to pick the opponents.

FTR are branding this as a weekly "brush with greatness." They mentioned Best Friends as potential opponents.

Best Friends entered. FTR acted like they were ready to defend the titles right away. A referee came out and was about to ring the bell when Dax stopped him.

Cash said it wouldn't be fair to Best Friends if they wrestled tonight and advised them to take a couple weeks to heal up and then maybe call Tully and they'll set something up.

This was an effective segment.

Thunder Rosa & Hikaru Shida defeated Ivelisse & Diamante

Rosa is great, Shida is great, this match was laid out really well, there's just only so much Ivelisse and Diamante are capable of.

Rosa's facepaint was a tribute to Road Warrior Animal.

Shida and Rosa were attacked during Shida's intro.

Diamante and Ivelisse cut Rosa off. It's kind of like when Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss are in together when Rosa and Ivelisse are in there at the same time in that it feels like a fight could break out at any time.

Shida got a hot tag during a commercial break. The match broke down.

Shida pinned Diamante after a falcon arrow and a shining wizard.

Dasha Gonzalez was backstage with Chris Jericho.

Jericho said Isiah Kassidy is going to be a big star one day but not next week. He said next week he's going down when he faces Le Champion.

MJF entered. Jericho and MJF continued to do their mutual appreciation society gimmick. It was very good.

Jericho vs. Kassidy, Britt Baker in action, Ricky Starks vs. Darby Allin, FTR vs. SCU and a Jon Moxley appearance were advertised for next week's Dynamite.

A 30 years of Jericho celebration was announced for the October 7 Dynamite.

The main event is next.

The main event was next.

Eddie Kingston vs Jon Moxley for the All Elite Wrestling Championship

They chopped each other a lot

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1308946570067554305
https://twitter.com/ANTwontstop/status/1308948973428912132
https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1308950226544205825
https://twitter.com/pipebombzz/status/1308950272945909760
https://twitter.com/azianfreshness_/status/1308950192092114945

quote:

Jon Moxley won with a bulldog choke

The Lucha Bros ran out

then Will Hobbs ran out

then Darby Allin ran out

Then Ricky Starks ran out

the show ended

it was a good show.

News
IS BEN CARTER ALL ELITE?
CODY'S HAIR
Lance Archer has COVID, should be able to return in time for his title match.
Brian Cage is sick, unknown with what.

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT DYNAMITE
MOXLEY WILL SPEAK
ALLIN VS STARKS
JERICHO VS KASSIDY
FTR VS SCU
BRITT BAKER

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling
Sammy Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZaULt2xcbJZvXEp0uP8TA

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your Second TNT Champion who has never had his belt stolen period:

Your Third AEW Tag Team Champions

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1278512415475412992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Will Hobbs is Big, Miro is Handsome and Eddie has Feelings

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

CHOPS

CHOPS

CHOPS

CHOPS

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hobbs is a big beefy boy who does big beefy things.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Eddie Kingston and Aja Kong are similar in many ways

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1308951290966310914

slippy ship

bartok
May 10, 2006

I love that Moxley has a choke out finisher he can use that makes his opponents still look tough even when they lose.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

slappy shap

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I noticed no Cage, Wardlow, Nick Jackson, Butcher or Blade, plus the ringside crew all more noticeably wearing masks...

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

blast0rama posted:

I noticed no Cage, Wardlow, Nick Jackson, Butcher or Blade, plus the ringside crew all more noticeably wearing masks...

Stu Grayson was missing too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Butcher and Blade were probably not booked.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

blast0rama posted:

It seemed like the heel side of the ringside group was pretty thin.

They tried to distract with 👉🤪 but it wasn't enough

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Butcher and Blade were probably not booked.

Normally, I’d say sure, but them not coming out to participate in the beat down with their stablemates is something.

Would certainly accept that rationale for say, Jurassic Express.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Normally, I’d say sure, but them not coming out to participate in the beat down with their stablemates is something.

I mean, they live up in New York? If they weren't booked on any of the shows for these tapings they wouldn't be down in Florida.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

That beat down wouldn't have happened without the Archer test.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dr Luther was there, wearing a mask for the first time. I didnt recognize anyone else on the heel side, though they tend to show it less than the face side.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there is a moratorium on speculation about who has covid-19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1308936952205332484?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wish they had cut to a sad Tony after Jericho and Mox made fun of him.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

karmicknight posted:

That beat down wouldn't have happened without the Archer test.

Fair enough, but I also don’t think it’s likely they’d decide not to use them for two weeks when they just moved them into the top 5 today.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eddie is such a great character. Mad is right. Him crying while screaming at mox that he left them and that he used to be one of them made it seem like this was way more personal than an impromptu match would suggest and I hope they dig more into that hole.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hear there's shoot heat between covid and people

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

They still test everyone before they can enter the Dynamite bubble, right?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

IIRC the way it works is that people get tested in "blocks" and there's no intermingling between blocks. So it's possible that everyone in Archer's block got pulled out of caution.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Good episode.

Not great, but good

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah, that’s what the wristbands they’re almost all always wearing indicate.

The way they described the process a few months ago is that they’d do saliva tests in two different locations off site for talent and crew, and if it came back positive they’d hold you off the show until you got a negative swab. Don’t know if that’s still accurate though.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Educated guess: They're panic filming the next two weeks with whoever they have on hand and sending everyone home, which is why they did the quick-build FTR/Best Friends setup with an SCU filler match in between

Also makes sense if they broke the emergency Cody alarm for two additional weeks of filming rather than just a quick run-in (accepting the collar match next week, actually airing it the week after)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

xbilkis posted:

Educated guess: They're panic filming the next two weeks with whoever they have on hand and sending everyone home, which is why they did the quick-build FTR/Best Friends setup with an SCU filler match in between

Also makes sense if they broke the emergency Cody alarm for two additional weeks of filming rather than just a quick run-in (accepting the collar match next week, actually airing it the week after)

So you’re thinking nothing live until the anniversary show on the 14th?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think having a block not there makes it count as "panic filming". This is how their plan to do things works.

They're probably more on guard because there's a crowd now.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

So you’re thinking nothing live until the anniversary show on the 14th?

Yeah. This is also based on them announcing the Jericho 30th Anniversary Celebration for the 7th two weeks ahead of time. Just feels like a lot of track laid specifically for the next two weeks

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Makes sense, also in hindsight I did notice that the usual taping pattern would’ve had the Anniversary show be taped.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

tony was crying & shrieking about "impurities of the blood" in the post-game scrum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tony Schiavone saying "Seek paleblood, hunter, and transcend the curse."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I don't get why everyones trying to explain away the rather conspicous absenses, no one here is going to the NXT posts and saying "the covid story is just a beat up they probably werent booked". AEW can have covid too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

I don't get why everyones trying to explain away the rather conspicous absenses, no one here is going to the NXT posts and saying "the covid story is just a beat up they probably werent booked". AEW can have covid too.

Probably because AEW has a history of saying,"We're doing <X> due to covid", whereas NXT/WWE has a history of saying.... nothing. I think they legit haven't mentioned COVID once ever during this entire pandemic.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

list everyone who has covid

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

smarxist posted:

i hear there's shoot heat between covid and people

if you only knew the real story that the mainstream wrestling journalists aren't reporting

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cavauro posted:

list everyone who has covid

that's insane cavauro there are some 30 million known cases of covid worldwide. well. poo poo. i guess i'll start typing the list

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thank you doctor. i will begin adding each name to the fight island hunger games teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Alaois posted:

Tony Schiavone saying "Seek paleblood, hunter, and transcend the curse."