Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Yeah, I'm just usually in the boat of wanting to retweet / like / reply to something so I'm going to be on the hellsite anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Question/Suggestion: If I choose to have SALR not show the Avatar for users, will it ignore that for probed/banned users? If so, I'd like to suggest an option to change post color for probed and banned users. Like, set probes to be light grey by default, and bans to be a darker grey.

Actually, even without ignoring Avatars, I think I'd like to have this option. Low priority, of course.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Question/Suggestion: If I choose to have SALR not show the Avatar for users, will it ignore that for probed/banned users? If so, I'd like to suggest an option to change post color for probed and banned users. Like, set probes to be light grey by default, and bans to be a darker grey.

Actually, even without ignoring Avatars, I think I'd like to have this option. Low priority, of course.

I'd have to double-check since I don't remember offhand if there's any special class for banned/probated users' posts outside of it just using the banned/probated images for the user's avatar (and maybe role-banned in the author classes). Exposing that kind of a class on the posts themselves is not a bad forums-side improvement suggestion though, which could lead to that sort of SALR feature.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Not sure if SALR or Windows, but ctrl+Z is being inconsistent in the Quick Reply box. So far in the past few minutes it's 1) worked fine for this browser tab, 2) wiped out the entire reply except for the quote in another tab [and couldn't be redone], and 3) Had one step of undo before ceasing to do anything in that text box.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v2.2.2 is out for Firefox to fix the forum ID detection (fixes issues in YOSPOS).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

After the update, I had the "Hide Avatar" and "Edit Note" buttons appear twice on each post but disabling and re-enabling them from the settings fixed it, but the "Open unread threads" option is gone again from forum view and that doesn't come back like the buttons do. The option is still in User CP though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

After the update, I had the "Hide Avatar" and "Edit Note" buttons appear twice on each post but disabling and re-enabling them from the settings fixed it, but the "Open unread threads" option is gone again from forum view and that doesn't come back like the buttons do. The option is still in User CP though.

Stuff appearing twice is unfortunately expected behavior in Firefox after an SALR update. Unlike Chrome, Firefox inserts the content scripts into every open tab on install/update. Just reload the affected page(s).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah it's sorted now, figured I'd report it in case it was some weird, new behavior. I remember the "Open updated threads" thing vanishing before too but I can't remember how I got it back.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah it's sorted now, figured I'd report it in case it was some weird, new behavior. I remember the "Open updated threads" thing vanishing before too but I can't remember how I got it back.

"Open updated threads" has two different settings, one for usercp and one for forumdisplay. Maybe it's enabled for one but not the other?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

All the settings stayed the same with the update but I unchecked and re-checked them both but only the User CP one works while Forum Display doesn't appear at all.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

All the settings stayed the same with the update but I unchecked and re-checked them both but only the User CP one works while Forum Display doesn't appear at all.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it (screenshot from sh/sc):

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ah, drat. Too bad but it's more of a convenience so not a huge deal in the end. I'll keep messing with the settings to see if something shakes loose though.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I seem to be missing a quote button all of a sudden and turning of SALRR is the only way to get it back. Anyone else?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I seem to be missing a quote button all of a sudden and turning of SALRR is the only way to get it back. Anyone else?

One possibility:
If you have a very narrow browsing window, all the posting buttons (report/edit/quote) on the right can end up bumped down to a new line. Thanks to terrible forum CSS rules, that makes them hidden.

If you are zoomed in, that will exacerbate the problem.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

astral posted:

One possibility:
If you have a very narrow browsing window, all the posting buttons (report/edit/quote) on the right can end up bumped down to a new line. Thanks to terrible forum CSS rules, that makes them hidden.

If you are zoomed in, that will exacerbate the problem.

That was it. No need to go in to detail why I didn't pick up on that but that fixed it, thanks mucho.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Make sure to enable the 'Hide thread search form' option now that the forums have a thread search box of their own. It's in the Thread Options category of the SALR settings.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

astral posted:

Make sure to enable the 'Hide thread search form' option now that the forums have a thread search box of their own. It's in the Thread Options category of the SALR settings.

Would it be worth updating SALR to outright remove that at this point?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
With Astral being a super mod, they're in a good position to simply ask Jeffrey to fold in the entirety of the extension into the forums code.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

He's a dev more than super mod. The mod position is mostly so he has more space access for testing.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

With Astral being a super mod, they're in a good position to simply ask Jeffrey to fold in the entirety of the extension into the forums code.

I'm thrilled with that so long as I can maintain the customization that I set up, which may be more work to do on the server than it is as a chrome extension.

Either way it wasn't a serious demand, just a thought of removing unneeded stuff as the forums continue to modernize.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

with keyboard nav enabled typing hjkl in the new "search thread" box will switch pages.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v2.2.3 is out for Firefox to remove the SALR search thread box and prevent unintentional keyboard navigation while in the SA thread search box.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Is it possible to show user notes for users on the ignore list? If you ignore someone their posts get collapsed/hidden and you don't see the notes you've added.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
My old trick was to just change the post background colour to black. Boom, instant "ignore" with black text on a black background.

You could still see any notes because they're usually in red and, if you wanted to, you could just highlight their post to see their text anyway.

But, post colouring doesn't work for other people any more when they're quoted, which is a shame.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

My old trick was to just change the post background colour to black. Boom, instant "ignore" with black text on a black background.

You could still see any notes because they're usually in red and, if you wanted to, you could just highlight their post to see their text anyway.

But, post colouring doesn't work for other people any more when they're quoted, which is a shame.

How do you do that? Friend post highlighting?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

nexus6 posted:

Is it possible to show user notes for users on the ignore list? If you ignore someone their posts get collapsed/hidden and you don't see the notes you've added.

Frankly, I'd rather further shrink ignored user posts like legacy SALR did rather than adding something that makes them fatter. You can view the post to see/edit any notes.

Legacy SALR did this:

nexus6 posted:

How do you do that? Friend post highlighting?

They're setting the 'background' part of a user note to black.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
^^ EFB

Just use the "edit note" under every post. Pick a colour and reload the page.

EDIT: Just went and checked, adding someone to your buddy list, with the friend post highlighting option selected in SALR, will change the colour of their posts. But when their posts are quoted, that colour is ignored and they look like any other post.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 15, 2020

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I could see a couple of eventual improvements to the old ways for ignoring/notes, as well:

1. Username links to profile
  2. Notes editable/viewable on profile

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

astral posted:

Frankly, I'd rather further shrink ignored user posts like legacy SALR did rather than adding something that makes them fatter. You can view the post to see/edit any notes.

Legacy SALR did this:

I can live with that, just wanted to see if I could also see why that poster was on the ignore list is all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The "Open Unread Threads" button has disappeared from the User CP on Chrome. The one on the Bookmarks page is still there, though.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

kirbysuperstar posted:

The "Open Unread Threads" button has disappeared from the User CP on Chrome. The one on the Bookmarks page is still there, though.

Seeing the same thing on Firefox.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Who knew losing that link could be so painful? The struggle!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Dave posted:

Who knew losing that link could be so painful? The struggle!

I thought it was the dumbest thing ever years ago when I was first asked to add it (or somebody else added it, I don't recall). Quickly became reliant on it myself.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

All sorts of user control panel stuff was broken when the page title was changed to put "The Something Awful Forums" at the end and I really wish I was joking right now.

This extension needs a ton of error handling.

e: Basically it was trying to grab your username from that; it was never updated to use the loggedinusername div that Chooch (iirc) added.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Okay, I fixed the user control panel thing and added support for the new bookmark stars to the 'open threads in tabs' feature.

An SALR Redux for Firefox release with all this stuff is pending.

edit: SALR Redux 2.2.4 is out for Firefox.

notes posted:

+ Support new bookmark star/highlight colors
* Fix breakage on user control panel pages
* "Show User's Avatar [...]" settings renamed to "Hide User's Avatar [...]" to more accurately reflect their behavior.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Thanks, any eta for the chrome release?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Kild posted:

Thanks, any eta for the chrome release?
It should be available. The chrome release should hopefully be coming out at a same/similar time as the Firefox release in general going forward.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Ahh, thank you, much better

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Thanks got the button back :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Thanks a lot.