Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The art in this chapter is really good.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Dude is burning through flashbacks before the fight even begun, he’s definitely going to be on the ropes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!
Has anyone done a tally of flashbacks and how they add up to who wins fights more often?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
It's Misasa time.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1046317/1

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
i agree with misasa he should've let kanoh fight him

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Any time a character has prolonged a match because of ego or pride they lose. Misasa is tripping some major flags here :ohdear:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
i like how misasa has slowly grown physically since his introduction

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Jose posted:

i like how misasa has slowly grown physically since his introduction

Ah yes, the Machio-san technique from Danberu.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

Any time a character has prolonged a match because of ego or pride they lose. Misasa is tripping some major flags here :ohdear:

Monke has burnt one flashback last chapter and a quasi-flashback at the start of this chapter, while Misasa hasn't used up any flashbacks yet.

Furthermore, no one likes Monke, whereas Misasa has friends amongst the Extermination Squad and the Katahara bodyguard squad.

So Misasa has the lead in both flashbacks as well as friends, which should make up for the death flags he's tripping.

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012

I agree with the sentiment, but the ex-fang has a ton of these going on for him, including being surprised that the punch hurt lol

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
So far our boy Gaolang would have destroyed all the rivals, right?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Kind of surprised we haven't heard anything from Jerry Tyson yet.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Prediction: Misasa is going to have some kind of expertise in "debilitating" combat. That pressure pointy nerve strikey Hokuto Shinken thing that leaves your opponents immobilized or in agony but not necessarily particularly damaged. It's going to turn out that he, in fact, is arguably the best-suited fighter in the Kengan group to fight under Purgatory rules.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Monke may have used his first HOWEVER but Misasa fellow bodyguards say that Misasa over extends fights.
also how can one monke have such a winning smile

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The reason kengan is so good is that it can be unpredictable.

Go misasa! go

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Chapter is up.

I enjoy both fighters a lot.

Monke Face Bastard is actually a cool fighter in a way with his "using armed styles but UNARMED" technique.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
lol at him being such a piece of poo poo that everyone else in purgatory hates him

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yumigahama vs. the world!

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hypocrisy posted:

Yumigahama vs. the world!

I don't think any possible martial arts technique in Yumigahara's arsenal could counter the ability to freeze time, unless wandering off to pick up construction equipment to drop on your opponent counts as disqualification due to a ring out.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I would like to share the one and only lesson I got in silat: if a man does a lunging punch, trip the guy and smash him in the balls repeatedly. I spent an hour doing that it was fun

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Artelier posted:

I would like to share the one and only lesson I got in silat: if a man does a lunging punch, trip the guy and smash him in the balls repeatedly. I spent an hour doing that it was fun

Sounds very martial, but is it art?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
This is the 6th Fang, Yumigahama. We trained him wrong, as a joke.
Seriously though, how did Jose lose? Go for an Armbar while Yumi was swinging imaginary swords and get slammed down?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JamMasterJim posted:

This is the 6th Fang, Yumigahama. We trained him wrong, as a joke.
Seriously though, how did Jose lose? Go for an Armbar while Yumi was swinging imaginary swords and get slammed down?

I bet in more straightforward fight he's a lot more dangerous, but like they said he's losing a psychological fight what with Misasa loving with him and his bigger size now being a disadvantage.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I bet in more straightforward fight he's a lot more dangerous, but like they said he's losing a psychological fight what with Misasa loving with him and his bigger size now being a disadvantage.

His size should still be an advantage since it's not against the rules to have your limbs outside the arena. On top of that, when the arena gets too intimate for the two Yumi can still leverage his larger size and greater strength to just push Misasa out of the ring. The sword analogy Lolong made doesn't really work here at all. Then again, Yumi brought his Musashi blades to a sumo fight :shrug:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

His size should still be an advantage since it's not against the rules to have your limbs outside the arena. On top of that, when the arena gets too intimate for the two Yumi can still leverage his larger size and greater strength to just push Misasa out of the ring. The sword analogy Lolong made doesn't really work here at all. Then again, Yumi brought his Musashi blades to a sumo fight :shrug:

That is why it is psychological. Yumi is NOT putting any parts of himself outside the light when he totally could.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

That is why it is psychological. Yumi is NOT putting any parts of himself outside the light when he totally could.

That's the excuse but alongside Misasa having this surprise personal grudge against Yumi as well, it feels a bit forced. Not a couple pages previous to Lolong commenting on Yumi's mindset, the guy was bull charging Misasa with his dual sword style and even later he goes for a telephone punch. I guess I would have just preferred to see Yumi feeling cramped and maybe his own mindset and panic, rather than having it told to me because I feel there's a disconnect between the two.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Everyone's talking up Misasa, which means he's about to lose.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I mean, he either loses because he kills Yumigahama or because Yumigahama was just playing around also. I can totally see the 'ring' getting so small that Misasa doesn't notice a wide swing because Yumigahama's wearing black and will be partially outside.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AtomikKrab posted:

Monke Face Bastard is actually a cool fighter in a way with his "using armed styles but UNARMED" technique.

Yeah I don't fully get the logic behind his martial arts (I can at least get that his spear is jut him using his fingers but the double blade style is like, wha) but it's really cool nontheless and I dig it.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Everyone's talking up Misasa, which means he's about to lose.

At this point, would it be subverted expectations if he actually won?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Silat is dope as gently caress so Misasa is going to win

My evidence: all them movies with Iko Uwais

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Misasa loses via murder related disqualification.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

tweet my meat posted:

Misasa loses via murder related disqualification.

After deliberation with the Purgatory team they announce it's okay and let it slide.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
one of the character bios in the original series mentioned that misasa was the most popular bodyguard by a mile, so i hold faith that he will win

that being said monke rules so i'd be completely okay with him winning too

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Venuz Patrol posted:

one of the character bios in the original series mentioned that misasa was the most popular bodyguard by a mile, so i hold faith that he will win

that being said monke rules so i'd be completely okay with him winning too

If I'm remembering correctly, Misasa's bio said he was particularly good at fighting in enclosed spaces. I'd be surprised if he lost this one.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Popularity did not help Gaolang.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think Misasa is going to lose but no way Yumigahama goes down this easily. As he said he DID become a fang, that's a position you can't get into with just bluffing and intimidation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if he loses this match monke doesn't have to give up and go away. his whole deal is that he is an unscrupulous dickbag, so i kind of doubt he would take losing gracefully. also, he's the only fighter on purgatory's side thus far that i wouldn't mind seeing more of. the rest of them are boring chumps, including the world's #1 naruto fan.