Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm no oled evangelist but qled always seemed like such a weird half-measure

don't even get me started on pled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Oxxidation posted:

i'm no oled evangelist but qled always seemed like such a weird half-measure

don't even get me started on pled
Qled is just marketing poo poo to explain how Qdots help with color. FALD and Mini/micro LED are the other part of the equation, to kind of almost approach OLED's contrast.

Apparently samsung is 10 bills into OLEDs married to a Qdot thing so we'll see if that pans out.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

FilthyImp posted:

Heh :grin:

so, uh. . . heh what kind of grill ya got?

Just a standard 4 burner gas grill. Nothing special but it gets the job done.

Oh maybe you are not serious.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rad Valtar posted:

Just a standard 4 burner gas grill. Nothing special but it gets the job done.

:hmmyes:

I briefly considered a charcoal grill and then saw the price tags so I'm on propane.
Those briquettes are a pain in the rear end to get started anyway.

Though maybe I can leverage the power of the PS5 as a tinderbox....

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I hear it’s so big it can heat your house and your steaks.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Running down the stairs in boxers and flip flops*

Jeremy GAD DAAMMMIT did you turn the PS5 on again we ain't made of money! It's 45° put on a sweater and some socks and play on yer switch for Jesus sake.

*standing over repair man*
Think it might be the the thermal paste. Ya know that cheap Malaysian poo poo ain't got enough ceramics ta--

:nono: Nasir, got a bad cap right round here... now if it was the fan assembly I could prolly bypass it but, well, fraid yell need a whole RMA

Ahhhh goddamn it I knew I should have paid fer the darned GeekSquad!

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 24, 2020

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Shammypants posted:

Rumor has it the 65'' x900h is going to go on sale for <1000 at costco next week. For those interested. If you can find a better deal right now i'd like to see it.

Can't wait for the shitstorm when they don't release the hdmi 2.1/VRR firmware update before Nov 12.

I'll be right on the front lines with my pitchfork.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

FilthyImp posted:

Running down the stairs in boxers and flip flops*

Jeremy GAD DAAMMMIT did you turn the PS5 on again we ain't made of money! It's 45° put on a sweater and some socks and play on yer switch for Jesus sake.

*standing over repair man*
Think it might be the the thermal paste. Ya know that cheap Malaysian poo poo ain't got enough ceramics ta--

:nono: Nasir, got a bad cap right round here... now if it was the fan assembly I could prolly bypass it but, well, fraid yell need a whole RMA

Ahhhh goddamn it I knew I should have paid fer the darned GeekSquad!

Holy poo poo you just reminded of a Geek Squad and I burst out laughing.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I almost bit on that Sony model TV but now I’m off to the promised land of OLED. Hope the tv gets delivered intact!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Storm One posted:

Have they announced if PS5 or XSX will be region free yet?

Region-locking games as standard-practice has largely been dead for over a decade now, the last real holdout was the 3DS. XBOne's will even take different-region X360 games, from what I understand (the DLC's another story, of course).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If they carry on using the sensible existing model then the only region locked poo poo is DLC, you need to make a store account for the region the game is from and buy it from that store with PSN cards you bought from a shady online reseller.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Weird, just got an email from WM Canada - my pulse 3D headset will be in store Oct 30.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Have any retailers said anything new on more pre-orders? Is Sony just not making anymore PlayStation 5's?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Have any retailers said anything new on more pre-orders? Is Sony just not making anymore PlayStation 5's?

I don’t think they sold 11 million PS5’s yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t think they sold 11 million PS5’s yet

I am just super confused as to why they promised everyone on Twitter more pre-orders throughout this week, and then decided to not do that and say absolutely nothing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They are extremely bad at marketing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

I am just super confused as to why they promised everyone on Twitter more pre-orders throughout this week, and then decided to not do that and say absolutely nothing.

They said that retailers would provide new details, so I’m assuming that means SONY is releasing waves of new units to retailers and the rolling pre-order releases front Amazon and Target are those

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1307364082341740544?s=21

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

They’re deliberately trying to make you have a meltdown in the SA PS5 thread

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Its working.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Region-locking games as standard-practice has largely been dead for over a decade now, the last real holdout was the 3DS. XBOne's will even take different-region X360 games, from what I understand (the DLC's another story, of course).

Chinese Switch games are region-locked.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not exactly. I think they can play any region games, but Chinese region cards can only be played on the Tencent brand Switch.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

lordfrikk posted:

Chinese Switch games are region-locked.

Yea there are still region locked games on switch beyond that too unless I am mistaken. Some Japanese games don’t appear on the American store for example, unless I am mistaken

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just have to remember that Daddy Jeff Bezos will eventually hear my bitching.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

lol. this

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I bought a PS4 for the special edition of dmc4 and God drat it I'm gonna do the same for devil may cry 5.

I mean I also bought a lot of other games but that was what made the initial decision

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1309176154922913797

more preorders tomorrow at Gamestop. Other places could get some too if they are...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I bought a PS4 to play Bloodborne because the aesthetics of that game absolutely gripped me to my core. I have put over 500 hours in Bloodborne and probably less than 40 into every other FROM game (30 of that is Sekiro).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1309176154922913797

more preorders tomorrow at Gamestop. Other places could get some too if they are...

It is my hope that Amazon will be one of them. I would rather not support Gamestop.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

It is my hope that Amazon will be one of them. I would rather not support Gamestop.

You’re ethically opposed to GameStop but not Amazon? Wild!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah wtf

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Where did I say anything about being ethically opposed to GameStop?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So you'd rather not support Gamestop for some minor irrational reason?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

haveblue posted:

My father was killed in that GameStop

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It's me. I'm the 37 year old nerd who's gonna be camping out at gamestop for 5 hours, with a 2dsxl.

I just happened to be burning a PTO day tomorrow for nothing aside from doing housework so hey if I do that in the afternoon it's a win.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

haveblue posted:

they tried to upsell me and the guy at the counter was a jerk about my anime game!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Game stop? More like game continue!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Starting a new store, Gamego, pronounced like a combination of Game and Amigo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gamezon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Nail Rat posted:

It's me. I'm the 37 year old nerd who's gonna be camping out at gamestop for 5 hours, with a 2dsxl.

I just happened to be burning a PTO day tomorrow for nothing aside from doing housework so hey if I do that in the afternoon it's a win.

May the odds be ever in your favor.