Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

If only this man cared about the polish dog :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
shouldn't it be 'peace be unto costco' not 'praise be upon costco'

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Walrus posted:

Yes. And I don't like it as much

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

GORDON posted:

Is it tangy, with a little bite to it? That's how I like my 'kraut.

It has an excellent texture, with a good crunch. I don't know how to describe it, but it tastes different compared to the garden variety.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

binge crotching posted:

They do, I've used my US membership at every Costco country except China and Iceland, because I haven't been back to either for work since they opened.

I was going to add that the UK Costco only takes American Express, but they just recently changed their policy and they take Visa, MasterCard and Maestro now too :toot: . If we ever get back to the UK we won't have to pull cash out of the ATM to buy cases of chocolate (for some reason the till wasn't taking our debit card, either).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Walrus posted:

I don't know. I started saying Praise Be in the beginning because John Oliver started a legitimate church and he always said that. Then Unto Costco got attached. I could be wrong though.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
just keep sayin pbuc and then leave the p ambiguous imo

other, higher comedy option: DOCTRINAL HOLY WAR

move over 2 fingers / 3 fingers

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Paulys Island is one of the chuddiest part of one of the chuddiest states in one of the chuddiest countries.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mercury Hat posted:

I was going to add that the UK Costco only takes American Express, but they just recently changed their policy and they take Visa, MasterCard and Maestro now too :toot: . If we ever get back to the UK we won't have to pull cash out of the ATM to buy cases of chocolate (for some reason the till wasn't taking our debit card, either).

Yeah, there are a couple of them like that, such as Japan only takes Mastercards. I remember hearing a rumor that they were going to start letting people use a co-branded credit card worldwide, even if that card type wasn't accepted by default in that country.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

binge crotching posted:

Yeah, there are a couple of them like that, such as Japan only takes Mastercards. I remember hearing a rumor that they were going to start letting people use a co-branded credit card worldwide, even if that card type wasn't accepted by default in that country.

The US Costcos only take Visa credit cards. Back when their branded card was Amex they only took that as well.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Tomorrow! When should I start camping by the front doors?

https://www.yourvalley.net/stories/costco-just-hours-away-from-opening-in-surprise,189643

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WI4Fb6E9co

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Of course he has a loving airfryer.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I really doubt that those fried egg yolk fish skins are "much better" for you than pork rinds lol

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Fancied up the fancy ramen.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

"Palmetto cheese" sounds like a pimento cheese that is made out of palmetto bugs

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Shows off a lot of stuff at Costco I've never seen. Shrimp Chips?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

pentyne posted:

Hell yeah, those shrimp chips own, so buttery

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

Of course he has a loving airfryer.

Subscribed!

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

If you're not already in a tent outside the store, you may as well wait a few days for the crowds to die down.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

They give me warcrime levels of gas, but they taste so good.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I speedrun every store now, I do grocery/Costco in person but everything else I'm checking for curbside pickup via online/phone ordering if at all possible. RIP Costco browsing for the near future.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I wish the CostCo foodcourt had a CostCo-sized version of the IKEA veggie dog (with the fried onions & red cabbage, very important). It’s unapologetically a bunch of plants mashed together but it still somehow has a distinct “hot dogginess” to it. Innovate on something like that, not garbage like the açaí bowls.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Paulys Island is one of the chuddiest part of one of the chuddiest states in one of the chuddiest countries.

chud cubed

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Was disappointed in my after work stop to the Co yesterday. They were out of both things I went for. The Keto Ice Cream Bars, the lady said they were just out and will be back. However they were also out of the 5404(?) Pork rinds and the same lady told me she is pretty sure they stopped selling those all together.

I did still pick up more eggs, White Queso, some sausages and a tub of that Sauerkraut (that's a big tub).

It's not very much of a Surprise if they announce it ahead of time...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

david_a posted:

I wish the CostCo foodcourt had a CostCo-sized version of the IKEA veggie dog (with the fried onions & red cabbage, very important). Its unapologetically a bunch of plants mashed together but it still somehow has a distinct hot dogginess to it. Innovate on something like that, not garbage like the aa bowls.

That would be nice, yeah. Or get lucky and have an IKEA be built like 4 blocks away on the same road as the Costco. :smug:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

That would be nice, yeah. Or get lucky and have an IKEA be built like 4 blocks away on the same road as the Costco. :smug:

Avon??

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Naw, Columbus area. There's another goon here who knows about the IKEA down the road from the 'co.

mexpak
Nov 9, 2006

used to be my fav holy site, until they built dedham (and finally started selling booze there)

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Sherpas are definitely back at my local Costco.

Right next to them were 32 Degree Wizard Robes!

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

mexpak posted:

used to be my fav holy site, until they built dedham (and finally started selling booze there)

re: the wildbrine organic kraut they sell and digestive problems

at 9$ a tub it seems a little steep but it's deceptively more kraut than it looks like, and delicious. i've taken to buying it every time i go now because kraut is fairly versatile

also like 15 minutes after i eat it my intestines are completely cleared out it's god drat amazing

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

My local church had big packs of Halloumi cheese once and then I've never seen them again and it breaks my heart.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

mexpak posted:

the only downside to the Ohio CostCos is the inability for us to have actual liquor on sale in them, its such a shame.

Also Manuel Calavera is right, the Polaris Co is across the highway from the IKEA. We dont talk about the OTHER CostCo, inside 270. :colbert:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Lobsterboy posted:

the only downside to the Ohio CostCos is the inability for us to have actual liquor on sale in them, its such a shame.

In Texas but same. Though we do have the powerhouse that is HEB lobbying the state legislature to change those laws because they want to get into selling liquor.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I keep looking for Sherpa blankets but come up empty. Can somebody take a picture so I know what they look like?

:saddowns:

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Harvey Baldman posted:

My local church had big packs of Halloumi cheese once and then I've never seen them again and it breaks my heart.

It's probably for the better. Costco cheese is the path to unrestrained gluttony. My partner picked up a brick of cheddar the last time we went to church, and now I'm permanently afflicted with the knowledge that he's the kind of man who will single-handedly eat two pounds of cheese in a week.

Um, how much were the wizard robes?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

I keep looking for Sherpa blankets but come up empty. Can somebody take a picture so I know what they look like?

:saddowns:

In my experience, when they do have them they put them right near the entrance. They can't be missed. I was in today picking up a prescription and mine doesn't have them yet.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Man I'm so torn, I've just been doing mail order from costco for the past ~6 months, but it's not especially cost effective (everything is marked up for delivery). I saw an article about Costco saying they're not interested in curbside pickup because it would be understandably hard or expensive. But my local Sam's club does it including for frozen or refrigerated stuff. Would be nice to be able to get large vac packed meats for smoking and stuff again.

Our membership is up shortly and I'm not sure it's worth it just for mail order anymore, since I can't imagine setting foot in there until at least April next year, or even later.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Please don’t end it all. You have options. People in this thread will help you.

I:glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Most of the Costco online stuff does not even require a membership. I’ve only seen a handful of items that are members only. I once bought the signature KS shoes from the us site with no membership, of all things I thought they’d lock those down but no.