Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Something very insidious about qanon is how they've changed their approach to attracting normal people. They now indoctrinate people under the the guise of being against human trafficking, they were a pretty big presence in the save the children protests. As a result a lot of new agey people and wine moms have become red pilled.

100% of #savethechildren is from qanon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

the Qanon poo poo isn't really even an ideology so much as a palatable excuse for them to do what they want to do anyway, ie imprison or execute their political enemies.

basically yeah

in this case it seems like a lot of people like the feeling of having a one-up on society instilled by believing this crazy poo poo and were likely susceptible and fell for similar crap all along but in smaller quantities. following some wanky bs about cabals and how reciting phrases means youre the counter cabal and now powerful. anyone running for office on that is pulling these very loose strings tied to these people. its damned disgusting but not surprising

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Mr. Nice! posted:

100% of #savethechildren is from qanon

busting child sex traffickers to own the libs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the extremely real and definitely not made up child sex traffickers who work for nancy pelosi out of the basement of a pizza shop in DC.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1309153779632287744

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

"trumps america" like they havent always always always done this

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

if they actually cared about child sex trafficking, it would be great. instead they only care about the sex dungeons ran by pelosi and clinton where they extract adrenochrome from children to get high and talk to satan.

note that all of the people posting that poo poo support trump who is on record as having raped teenagers with his buddy jeff epstein.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mr. Nice! posted:

if they actually cared about child sex trafficking, it would be great. instead they only care about the sex dungeons ran by pelosi and clinton where they extract adrenochrome from children to get high and talk to satan.

note that all of the people posting that poo poo support trump who is on record as having raped teenagers with his buddy jeff epstein.

Exactly, when the wayfair was trafficking children conspiracy came out, real organizations working against trafficking were completely bombarded by nonsense claims tying up the resource these organizations had. The qanon anonymous boys interviewed Michael Hobbes who is a journalist that looks into trafficking. He also has a pretty good article about the qanon movement and trafficking.

https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-109-qanon-makes-human-trafficking-worse-feat-michael-hobbes

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/futile-quest-hard-numbers-child-sex-trafficking_n_5f6921cac5b655acbc6e9e70

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Exactly, when the wayfair was trafficking children conspiracy came out, real organizations working against trafficking were completely bombarded by nonsense claims tying up the resource these organizations had. The qanon anonymous boys interviewed Michael Hobbes who is a journalist that looks into trafficking. He also has a pretty good article about the qanon movement and trafficking.

https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-109-qanon-makes-human-trafficking-worse-feat-michael-hobbes

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/futile-quest-hard-numbers-child-sex-trafficking_n_5f6921cac5b655acbc6e9e70

*qanonishly* of course Nancy Pelosi's Huffpo friends would try to downplay her child abuse operation!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1309131222589865984?s=20

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
A large number of vegans were nazis to begin with.

I need animal-sourced treatments for my medical condition. I've heard Some poo poo.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i get why he doesnt like masks now with that sock muppet chin and tiny face lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

it continues to boggle my mind that liberals are perfectly okay with calling active fascist states free democracies as long as an election is still scheduled

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

bring back lf

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Share Bear posted:

bring back lf

is c-spam not scratching that itch?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

infernal machines posted:

is c-spam not scratching that itch?

i don't know what kind of forum that is

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Share Bear posted:

lf but not causing several subpoenas per year

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

lf but not causing several subpoenas per year

https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/1291588007817027584

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Share Bear posted:

it's where they corral all the people with severe mental illness so that they can post hilarious misspellings of "trump" at each other and scream about guillotines

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Share Bear posted:

Do you like lefty shitposting with "get the gently caress out of here nazi" being something the nazis hear every time they just ask questions?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

endlessmonotony posted:

Do you like lefty shitposting with "get the gently caress out of here nazi" being something the nazis hear every time they just ask questions?

yes, good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

endlessmonotony posted:

just ask questions?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lmao loving richard

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lf was closed because of grover

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the irc bot, however,

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

this is stupid because the search query was obtuse and dumb by putting "Lowtax" in there.

they should've searched for the address of something awful, llc, etc.

this isn't the "gotcha" moment a lot of idiots think it is

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this is stupid because the search query was obtuse and dumb by putting "Lowtax" in there.

uh what

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Share Bear posted:

bring back lf

all i remember about lf is that McCaine would shoehorn the fact that he was gay into literally every post

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

foia requests are an artform. all that means is they did not find anything looking very specifically for only what was requested. they will not release information about things that are merely close to the search requested.

all that foia return means is that they did not find anything based upon the information requested. a more precise request would very likely turn up the results.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

with the additional warning that in 2020 it is pretty blackpilled. not without cause of course, but for a lot of people it will pretty much not be healthy to read.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the election is going to be a complete shitshow, we won't have final results for weeks if not months, and there's almost certainly going to be a legal challenge that goes all the way to the supreme court, so it's gonna be 2000 bush v gore all over again, but with 10x the vitriol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/Megandeth/status/1309199497558462464

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

would those short out with enough water? also now expecting a solid tire armor trend in 2020

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i presume theres a reasonable expectation to not use it if drenched, but i mean come on you know they will

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you can buy cloth with silver threads woven in (it's not that much silver, and it's meant as an antibacterial cloth for things like underwear for extreme hikers that might not change their britches for a week or so) which should short those out nicely. The volts are high but the amps are low on stun poo poo, so you won't melt the wires or anything.

Saltwater sprayer would do the job too

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Mr. Nice! posted:

foia requests are an artform. all that means is they did not find anything looking very specifically for only what was requested. they will not release information about things that are merely close to the search requested.

all that foia return means is that they did not find anything based upon the information requested. a more precise request would very likely turn up the results.

thank you for explaining it more eloquently than i did.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you don’t get to blow off a FOIA request because it contains a nickname

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

cool news: they can and do get blown off for stuff way more trivial than that and gently caress you if you argue with them

@nuclearanthro's epic journeys of getting actual hits on FOIAs are pretty legendary

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

they didn't blow it off, they went to a computer somewhere and typed in 'Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka' in the subject box, filled some stuff out about obama in there, and did an exact string search, nothing came back, and they sent a letter out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

obviously even without malice you wouldn't let this system respond to any subset of a request which just pours a bunch of keywords in.

plus lf went down for other, even dumber, reasons. it is just a pretty pointless conspiracy theory.