Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Darchangel posted:

The Wikipedia article basically covers it: the TRX tires were the first viable low-profile tires, when they came out in in the late '70s. By the mid '80s, standard tires had caught up. Ford just bought into the hype for the Mustang and its derivatives.

Ah back when 45 series was considered ultra low profile not something that a run of the mill Japanese hatchback like my Mazda3 might be wearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

What a weird little car

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I feel like a childhood friend's dad had one of those in yellow as a commuter that my mother nicknamed the bannanamobile because it reminded her of the banana-shaped car from the Richard Scarry books.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Did your friend's dad wear multiple wristwatches?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I assume that's a reference I'm not getting.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
more like wristwatch, elbow watch, and bicep watch

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

dissss posted:

Ah back when 45 series was considered ultra low profile not something that a run of the mill Japanese hatchback like my Mazda3 might be wearing.

Exactly. The TRX tires were 55 series! Wow, so thin! The C4 Corvette when it came out was amazing with it's 50-series Goodyear Gatorbacks ans 16 inch wheels.

canyoneer posted:

What a weird little car

Wait, hold up - you need to link that or copy in the rest of the description. I am suddenly intrigued by "The car was originally electric, but..."

edit: hoping for a bike engine.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Why buy new when for the same price you can get a 15 year old one with 150k on the clock?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Mind sharing the link? I want to offer them 3,200.

Edit:

ad posted:

Car has never been rebuilt

Hmmm yes this is definitely a distinguishing feature of this car and not something I wouldn’t expect on any 15 year old Subaru selling for more than 10,000 dollars :magemage:

i own every Bionicle fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 18, 2020

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

i own every Bionicle posted:

Mind sharing the link? I want to offer them 3,200.

Edit:

Hmmm yes this is definitely a distinguishing feature of this car and not something I wouldn’t expect on any 15 year old Subaru selling for more than 10,000 dollars :magemage:

Sadly, it was a screenshot shared with me

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

They know what they've got.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
the epitome of "worked when parked"

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

just found my new flight sim rig

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Why buy new when for the same price you can get a 15 year old one with 150k on the clock?

A number of people regard that model as the high water mark of Subaru and finding an example that hasn’t been trashed or modded to hell is unusual. Asking what a new 2020 one goes for is a little optimistic.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I think I found my old 98 240sx on FB marketplace.

For a refresher here it is just before I sold it:
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/XwIGc7Z.jpg[/img][/timg] [timg]https://i.imgur.com/ernUGI9.jpg[/img][/timg]

And if this is my car then here it is now:

I sold it $5400 ($100 off for no punching). Its listed at $10k for 17 weeks now. Yeeeaaahhhh bbboooiiiii
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/533780330630454

Coredump fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 19, 2020

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

If that’s rolling fender to lip static I’m seriously impressed Jesus the camber

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Still has the sticker on the tire since it doesn't touch the pavement. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That just makes me sad.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'll allow some punching in this case

Sold my '92 240SX to some kid upstate NY. Car was clean and fully prepped for SCCA solo racing. Weeks later, he started sending me photos and description of all the sick mods he was doing to it. I blocked him after the second email, just couldn't handle the stupidity.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 19, 2020

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
^^^
I would have just sent one email back saying "thanks for the money, but I wish you'd stop ruining my old car".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1969-toyota-crown-v8-chevy/1524812614

wrap is a little cheeky but a V8 crown is pretty rad in my book.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That's pretty cool. I don't like his odds of getting $12K for it, but to be fair it's pretty hard to valuate something like that.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Coredump posted:

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/XwIGc7Z.jpg[/img][/timg] [timg]https://i.imgur.com/ernUGI9.jpg[/img][/timg]

And if this is my car then here it is now:

I sold it $5400 ($100 off for no punching). Its listed at $10k for 17 weeks now. Yeeeaaahhhh bbboooiiiii

That's sad as poo poo. That car was stupidly clean.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Coredump posted:

I sold my MS3 which was very clean to a guy who did some poo poo like this. It made me feel bad for the car.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The car has 63,000 km and does admittedly look flawless

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

The car has 63,000 km and does admittedly look flawless

Looks nice and all but there's no way that car is over 2000 years old

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

We all like to tell ourselves that if you showed a caveman a lineup of cars he'd pick something like a Hummer or a Camaro but the truth is that the PT Cruiser is the most beautiful thing a caveman has ever seen.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

i own every Bionicle posted:

I already don't trust it.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So in darkest New Brunswick, this is for sale:

250,000 km, inspected, $2800 cdn. Seller speaks French, may not be bilingual.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/indianapolis-1947-lincoln-continental/7201503104.html

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Found this 2005 Hona Fit with 120k miles for $350.

It's... a bit rough but seems like a perfect candidate for mongol-style lovely car rally since the back should be big enough to sleep in. I think I'll go check it out tomorrow if it has valid inspection.

The other gem is this custom two-tone yaris with 90k miles for a bit more:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 24, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nebakenezzer posted:

So in darkest New Brunswick, this is for sale:

250,000 km, inspected, $2800 cdn. Seller speaks French, may not be bilingual.

Is that a Geo Metro Turbo convertible (or Suzuki Swift, I guess?)

My dad had a '47 or '48 Lincoln Zephyr briefly that he got in a lot of cars bought from an estate. That would basically be the fast-back version of that - a much better look in my personal opinion. The flathead V12 was massive, and there were two spares. It also had hydraulic power windows! I wish I'd have been older and been able to convince him to keep it and either restore of hot rod it.

mobby_6kl posted:

Found this 2005 Hona Fit with 120k miles for $350.

It's... a bit rough but seems like a perfect candidate for mongol-style lovely car rally since the back should be big enough to sleep in. I think I'll go check it out tomorrow if it has valid inspection.

The other gem is this custom two-tone yaris with 90k miles for a bit more:

You're right, a Fit might be a good Gambler candidate. I'll add that to my list of potentials...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Called after I got off work and apparently someone's already coming to check it out tomorrow. But he confirmed it has valid inspection until July which makes things much easier, so I'll try to offer him another $50-100 in the morning to sweeten the deal because it's less than half the price of other shitboxes like this.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
V12 or not, the front end of that Lincoln is awful. I'm sorry, but it just is. It looks like a cartoon caricature of a car.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Vanagoon posted:

V12 or not, the front end of that Lincoln is awful. I'm sorry, but it just is. It looks like a cartoon caricature of a car.

It's not as awful as your title has become

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Lowtax ain't getting any more money from me, what do you want.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vanagoon posted:

Lowtax ain't getting any more money from me, what do you want.

If you want it gone there’s a qcs thread where you can donate to charity and an admin will give you the upgrade.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Midjack posted:

A number of people regard that model as the high water mark of Subaru and finding an example that hasn’t been trashed or modded to hell is unusual. Asking what a new 2020 one goes for is a little optimistic.

This thread has been stuck on this post for like a week for me so posting to see if it fixes it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

"Don't let the year foul you" seems pretty on point for 2020.