Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My father was killed in that GameStop

with great gamerscore comes great responsibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I bought a PS4 to play Bloodborne because the aesthetics of that game absolutely gripped me to my core. I have put over 500 hours in Bloodborne and probably less than 40 into every other FROM game (30 of that is Sekiro).

A shameful post. DeS, DS3, and Sekiro are all top tier experiences. DS1 and DS2 have a lot going for them as well.

Those first 3 all have so much BB DNA in them, for various reasons.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I cannot believe the poster itt who’s the most annoying about a From game has barely played any other From games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I cannot believe the poster itt who’s the most annoying about a From game has barely played any other From games

:hmmyes:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s ok I’m gonna play through Demon’s Souls at release with everyone ITT and if it’s a great experience I’ll buy the other dark souls games for PS5 (after another BB playthrough!)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can play Elden Ring with me when it launches in 2024 :getin:

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Dark Souls remake for PS6 launch

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Bad Parenting posted:

Dark Souls King's Field remake for PS6 launch

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Demon's Souls will be the only game that PS5 goons will own from launch until the PS6.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I took some measurements and the PS5 can fit in my entertainment center horizontally but only with about an inch of room on each side. Do I need to start worrying about ventilation with that little space left?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

I took some measurements and the PS5 can fit in my entertainment center horizontally but only with about an inch of room on each side. Do I need to start worrying about ventilation with that little space left?

Yes.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Ugh. That sucks. Looks like I’ll be holding off next gen till I upgrade my furniture first.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Putting any console in an enclosed space of an entertainment center ensures early console death.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't wait to play elden ring at launch! Oh boy!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah... PS6 launch :getin:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Putting any console in an enclosed space of an entertainment center ensures early console death.

I don't know that that's true. I keep my PS4 and my boyfriends Xbox whatever in our entertainment stand and we haven't had any issues at all. Now ours doesn't have doors, so everything in the front is completely open, but they're enclosed on the over 5 sides and it's been fine. Of course, the dang PS5 it slightly too big to fit comfortably in the dang thing, so I get to stand it on the box of cables I have next to the stand so that's moot now anyway.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RBA Starblade posted:

poo poo, I accidentally bought Elvin Ring

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah... PS6 launch :getin:

optimistic the playstation brand survives that long, eh?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Rinkles posted:

optimistic the playstation brand survives that long, eh?

It’s Sony’s #1 money maker soooo yes?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rad Valtar posted:

It’s Sony’s #1 money maker soooo yes?

i was a joking because of all the doom and gloom surounding ps this past week

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm really wondering how "upgraded" (or whatever official terminology they're using) PS4 games are going to look on the PS5, compared to my PC with an Nvidia 1660. For example, Borderlands 3 is locked at 30 on the PS4 but can go to 60 or beyond on my PC, and with HDR, but will the upgraded version of PS4 Borderlands 3 look like that on the PS5?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
BL3 will probably hit a solid 60 on PS5, after a few patches the Pro gets pretty close to that in performance mode most of the time.

I’m kinda excited to try Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro in November myself. Uncapped framerates should have a chance to really shine.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm really wondering how "upgraded" (or whatever official terminology they're using) PS4 games are going to look on the PS5, compared to my PC with an Nvidia 1660. For example, Borderlands 3 is locked at 30 on the PS4 but can go to 60 or beyond on my PC, and with HDR, but will the upgraded version of PS4 Borderlands 3 look like that on the PS5?

For BL3 specifically it shouldn't be a problem because the PS4 Pro version has an uncapped (or 60fps, idk) option.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

For BL3 specifically it shouldn't be a problem because the PS4 Pro version has an uncapped (or 60fps, idk) option.
Really? Maybe I missed that...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also BL3 is getting a free proper upgrade.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Really? Maybe I missed that...

The 30fps "resolution" mode is vomit inducing to me. Not because I'm a snob, but cause they hosed up something with the lag/frame pacing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

Also BL3 is getting a free proper upgrade.
This is where I get all confused about the terminology. For PS4 games to run on the PS5, they have to get patched in one way or another, right? Is that patch going to be called an "upgrade", or something else?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is where I get all confused about the terminology. For PS4 games to run on the PS5, they have to get patched in one way or another, right? Is that patch going to be called an "upgrade", or something else?

No, PS5 should be backwards compatible for most games out of the box. Some games will get patches for optimizations, but that's not what I meant with the upgrade. It's a new PS5 version. An enhanced port, except it's free if you have the PS4 version.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What was that discussion about disk-based games not working out at the box about then? I thought they were saying that an unadorned PS4 game wouldn't run on the PS5, and that it had to connect to the internet and download something.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

What was that discussion about disk-based games not working out at the box about then? I thought they were saying that an unadorned PS4 game wouldn't run on the PS5, and that it had to connect to the internet and download something.

I haven't heard that, but maybe I missed something.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Soysaucebeast posted:

I don't know that that's true. I keep my PS4 and my boyfriends Xbox whatever in our entertainment stand and we haven't had any issues at all. Now ours doesn't have doors, so everything in the front is completely open, but they're enclosed on the over 5 sides and it's been fine. Of course, the dang PS5 it slightly too big to fit comfortably in the dang thing, so I get to stand it on the box of cables I have next to the stand so that's moot now anyway.

What I’ve always read is you should allow for 4in of space on either side, of which the PS5 is the first console too big for me to even do that. I’ve never had a console die on me. Even my 360 still works.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
You have a launch 360 that still works?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

I haven't heard that, but maybe I missed something.
It was from some description on their Japanese website. It seemed to say that only the download versions of PS4 games would run on the PS5, and then somebody contacted Sony about it and the response was muddled. it was about a week ago when I heard about it, I'll look for more information.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay yeah, that was just a miscommunication and Sony apologized and corrected it a few days ago.

https://s.famitsu.com/news/202009/23206303.html

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Wick of Dogs posted:

poo poo, I accidentally bought Elvin Ring

This was funny damnit

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Rinkles posted:

i was a joking because of all the doom and gloom surounding ps this past week

Sorry the Console Wars have taken their toll.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Soysaucebeast posted:

What kind of PS4 and how old?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Demon's Souls will be the only game that PS5 goons will own from launch until the PS6.

Pre-ordered a copy today. I don't know what console I'm gonna play it on...but at least I can use it as a ceremonial coaster on Day 1 :rock:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

Sorry the Console Wars have taken their toll.

In A.D. 2020

Console War Was Beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Shirkelton posted:

You have a launch 360 that still works?

Not launch, but it is a phat. Got it in 2008. I use it for Rock Band customs when I have friends over.