Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Last week's TNF game was shockingly entertaining so we were due for a course correction.

An :effort: thread to match an :effort: game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yay Fitzmagic

What the hell was that Jaguars?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Fitzmagic cured my Minshew Mania but now I just feel empty inside.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

The Jags have been surprisingly decent so they're obviously doomed to poo poo the bed tonight when they're the only game going on.

I mean they're also probably not actually decent, but I expected more out of their offense.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The most entertaining part of that game was the postgame presser with Fitzpatrick in this:

He also burned the poo poo out of Minshew during it and was quite delightful

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
minshew is garbage

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I honestly feel like Minshew was running for his life all game.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I am officially opening up my recruiting for Bandwagon Fanhood for the rest of the year. Fans make your case.*

*will not accept any offers from any AFC South team, the Steelers or the Patriots

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

JT Jag posted:

I am officially opening up my recruiting for Bandwagon Fanhood for the rest of the year. Fans make your case.*

*will not accept any offers from any AFC South team, the Steelers or the Patriots

Well you've already had the excitement beaten out of you so you're all set to be a Browns fan.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JT Jag posted:

Mahomes owns and the Chiefs have the inside track to repeat as SB champs.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Metapod posted:

minshew is garbage

Hard to tell with the stench of Marrone on him

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

JT Jag posted:

Josh Allen is the discerning man's choice for uncommitted bandwagoning.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Might I propose you watch episode 3 of “Cooking with Russ - Texas Brisket” and decide for yourself?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

Josh Allen is the discerning man's choice for uncommitted bandwagoning.

:hmmyes:

I'm cheering for the Bills this year.

Go get 'em Diggs! :smith:

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

JT Jag posted:

The Ravens give you 5/6 opportunities to root against these teams (depending on how hard you're turning on the Jags) and a reasonable chance of a championship.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sono posted:

The Ravens give you 5/6 opportunities to root against these teams (depending on how hard you're turning on the Jags) and a reasonable chance of a championship.
You're making a good argument.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

join the bandwagon of the cincinnati bengals. they have a two game streak of becoming another team's first win and they aren't about to stop. except after this week since the jaguars somehow already have a win

when i say after this week, i mean it will be a foregone conclusion that they can no longer extend the streak. i didn't mean to imply that they would play against the jaguars this week. they're going to be the eagles first win this week, and then after this week they can't do it anymore. i hope this clears everything up

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 25, 2020

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
That might have been the worst Jags game I've ever seen. Almost every defensive down was either successful for the Dolphins or a penalty by the Jacksonville. Jags should just hand it to Robinson every down, that way at least they run some more clock and the defense can be on the field less.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao that ejection

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Quantum Shart posted:

Hard to tell with the stench of Marrone on him

Jay gruden controls the offense

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao that ejection

Every time the refs are touched

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

JT Jag posted:

As a fellow fan of a doomed 2020 team, I think Cardinals are the obvious choice.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kull the Conqueror posted:

As a fellow fan of a doomed 2020 team, I think Cardinals are the obvious choice.

:yeah:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ryan Fitzpatrick has never defeated the Steelers

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
That was an all time soft ejection.
I do like that less penalties have been called in general. I think they just had a lovely ref crew that night. I've seen refs be run completely the gently caress over for being in the way and everything is cool but like moving dudes arm away in a twisted pile of bodies...really?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JT Jag posted:

BOY THOSE RAIDERS, I TELL YOU WHAT. IF YOU WANT A BANDWAGON, THEY'VE GOT ONE. THAT JOSH JACOBS IS A REAL GRINDER, A GRUDEN GRINDER I MEAN. BECAUSE THAT'S ME. GRUDEN. BOY I TELL YOU MAN,

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Forgot about the Thursday game so I'm watching it now and it seems like Minshew got let down big time by his receivers in this one. There were three huge third down drops, an offensive PI on third down, a dropped touchdown, a bobbled pass that became an interception and I'm just only to the fourth quarter. Minshew did fumble near his own end zone which was pretty crushing but overall a total team loss.

Defense was crazy grabby too, their young DBs had rough days and got called for some long PIs and holds, not all of which I agreed with (Chaisson covering Breida down the field wasn't PI just beautiful coverage from an OLB) but most of them were legit. This is more the Jaguars team we were expecting in the offseason, in this case just made way too many mistakes to have a chance against these actually-pretty-decent Dolphins

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Steelers pitched a second half shut out after looking pretty disheveled for the entire 1st half. TJ Watt is a beast

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

BROWNS WIN THE 500 BOWL

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I got laughed at for asking if Jones was worse than Mullens, look who's laughing now!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I was all ready to poo poo all over the Bills but :stare:

Patriots looked solid after halftime, this team runs so much better than last year, even with Mandrews out. Bills-Pats games this year are gonna own

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1310307412872699904

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Vikings lost but they looked better than they did in the first two games.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Rocking myself to sleep at night chanting

*One more year until we can cut Cousins.*

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Big Ghost

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Burn down Metlife with both teams inside

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lol

Kalli fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 27, 2020

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

jesus the texan's schedule was brutal for the first 3 weeks. chiefs, ravens, steelers w/ big ben back

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Oh God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it all worked out :sun: