Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Martian posted:

If the above is correct, then Clarke herself should also still have these memories though.

I think the big difference is that Clarke barely had the Flame while Madi had it before they left Earth. Even if the trip didn't count she still had it for however long most of last season took.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Rhyno posted:

John Murphy is going to be the leader of the remains of humanity.

inshallah (or the equivalent grounder-speak term)

I became a fan of Richard Harmon due to Continuum but John Murphy, the cockroach, is just the best.

Also can we take a moment to appreciate Adina Porter? She's always good- The 100, True Blood, hell even the goofy Outer Banks was better for having her in it. I haven't seen the season of American Horror Story that she's in though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Richard Harmon, I still find it funny that his sister Jessica was on two CW shows at the same time although her part on The 100 (Clarke's on again off again girlfriend Niylah) is much smaller than iZombie (Dale Bozzio.) Also how her and Richard look absolutely nothing alike.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Also she directed the next episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Speaking of Richard Harmon, I still find it funny that his sister Jessica was on two CW shows at the same time although her part on The 100 (Clarke's on again off again girlfriend Niylah) is much smaller than iZombie (Dale Bozzio.) Also how her and Richard look absolutely nothing alike.

They have the same nose/eye structure.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

It was bittersweet seeing that last little interaction between Bellamy and Murphy. They had an amazing arc from the first few eps, where Bellamy was the rear end in a top hat self appointed Thug In Chief of The 100 and Murphy was his cruel, sniveling sidekick. Never would have seen them ending up where they did in a million years.

This loving show. Should have had 3 more seasons.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Very very very strange don't directorial choices that whole ep. Someone new or a vet? The ending montage.... thing being most egregious

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I started watching this last night and it pissed me off like 4 eps in when the little girl murks the chancellor's son. does the show get less cornball?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nope. Never.

And we fuckin love it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

fk

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Google Butt posted:

I started watching this last night and it pissed me off like 4 eps in when the little girl murks the chancellor's son. does the show get less cornball?

Ha. Ha ha. JAHA-hahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

No.

But it is an extremely fun show and if you like large body counts it might be worth your while.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha Clarke. At least Madi chewed her out for smashing the helmet.

:rip: Gabriel

Google Butt posted:

If you didn't like that, you can probably stop watching.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate Maddie.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

That opening scene where everyone was basically thanking Clarke for killing Bellamy was weird.

I liked Predator Sheidheda.

Sheidhedator.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

oh jay posted:

That opening scene where everyone was basically thanking Clarke for killing Bellamy was weird.

it was pretty funny lmao

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The bridge sending them to "the planetary origin of their DNA" is straining my ability to accept dumb TV bullshit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It’s so clear that whatever this season was meant to be was completely derailed by all the behind the scenes cast drama.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s so clear that whatever this season was meant to be was completely derailed by all the behind the scenes cast drama.

What else happened besides Taylor and Morley?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Rhyno posted:

What else happened besides Taylor and Morley?

Well having your two leads involved in all that is kind of a big deal isn’t it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought all that news broke at the very end of production.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah if we're talking about Bob being an abuser, that was in June or so. Shooting wrapped in March just as everything shut down for COVID.

The only thing that I heard is that during production Eliza had a miscarriage and Bob took particularly hard and asked to have a reduced role. Which is less of "drama" and more of "a really lovely thing that happened."

Unless there was something else?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

oh jay posted:

Yeah if we're talking about Bob being an abuser, that was in June or so. Shooting wrapped in March just as everything shut down for COVID.

The only thing that I heard is that during production Eliza had a miscarriage and Bob took particularly hard and asked to have a reduced role. Which is less of "drama" and more of "a really lovely thing that happened."

Unless there was something else?

I haven't seen anything from this season. But in past years there was the poo poo that went down with Ricky Wittle and Marie Avergondola almost lost her eye at one point.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

After watching the last episode I am really starting to believe that not only will John Murphy be the Last Man Standing, but there is a case that with his arc from start to finish he may be the actual protagonist in this show, or at least a co-protagonist with Clarke.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
So what are the odds the show actually ends with humanity becoming space ghosts

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

So what are the odds the show actually ends with humanity becoming space ghosts

I hope it's just Murphy. Then he can haunt guide the rest of humanity forever

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I haven't seen anything from this season. But in past years there was the poo poo that went down with Ricky Wittle and Marie Avergondola almost lost her eye at one point.

Marie Avgeropoulos. Didn't know about the eye, but she also got arrested for (alleged) domestic violence in 2018.

About the episode: I'm still really enjoying the show despite all its flaws, the whole arc is pretty fun and I can't predict the ending at all, so that's good. I wonder if Bellamy is really fully dead, guess we'll see.

The incompetence of Predator Sheidheda was kind of annoying though, unless he messed up on purpose for some reason. Drunk Niylah was funny, it's pretty cool that she's still in the group.

I like how the show went from 'you need a mask when you enter a portal or you'll lose your memory, it's a very big deal!' to 'just take a nanopill and stab yourself in the stomach to be teleported across the galaxy or some poo poo'.

Martian fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 24, 2020

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Martian posted:

I like how the show went from 'you need a mask when you enter a portal or you'll lose your memory, it's a very big deal!' to 'just take a nanopill and stab yourself in the stomach to be teleported across the galaxy or some poo poo'.

The memory loss thing was from portaling to somewhere time was running slower (Penance to Sanctum), but I forget how fast Bardo was running compared to Earth.

Also, was that a special knife that could send a signal back to Bardo when it stabbed someone? Didn't Sheidheda take that back with him when he teleported out? What did Madi stab herself with?

It sure was lucky all the symbols for Bardo's address were on top of the Space Ball.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 24, 2020

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better
i thought she took one of the pills

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

lumpentroll posted:

i thought she took one of the pills

Yeah me too. Don't know why they have to stab themselves to make it work though, the Sheperd didn't do that.

Also Sheidheda left more than one pill behind I think (why would he risk bringing more? Who knows!) so I guess Clarke can just follow them using that pill?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

This season is feeling kind of garbo compared to previous. If it doesn’t end with the final war taking place, I’m gonna be mad.

Also nice to see the completely sterilized Earth is back after what, 100 years of no humans? And the forest filled with giant trees that are probably nearly 100 years old themselves.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha Clarke having a freakout because Madi ran off trying to save everyone. "Is this how my mom felt?" Poor Madi though :(

"Where are they?"
"We moved the bridge to a strategically advantageous location."
Can't say they didn't learn from their mistakes :v:

e: I can't believe Russheida is still around. He should have just bled out and died when Indra left him tied up. His death is going to feel really rushed now in a finale that has a lot of stuff to wrap up.

latinotwink1997 posted:

This season is feeling kind of garbo compared to previous. If it doesn’t end with the final war taking place, I’m gonna be mad.

The series finale is called "The Final War" so here's hoping.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 24, 2020

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yean and the Final War is the next episode. It just doesn't feel like the series has built up to an episode with that title. Kind of an underwhelming season.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Not to be nitpicky. But if all the cult people left in the portal, who buried it?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Mu Zeta posted:

Yean and the Final War is the next episode. It just doesn't feel like the series has built up to an episode with that title. Kind of an underwhelming season.

I agree. I've actually quite disliked the entire Sanctum thing of the past couple of seasons. The villains have been boring as hell imo. Russell as Sheidheda is pretty cool though.

Add me to the "I hope John Murphy is the last survivior/ruler" camp.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"Where are they?"
"We moved the bridge to a strategically advantageous location."
Can't say they didn't learn from their mistakes :v:

:lol: that they moved it to the place that makes all their oxygen tho

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

joebuddah posted:

Not to be nitpicky. But if all the cult people left in the portal, who buried it?

Cadogan's daughter left with a bunch of other people who got blood treatments to restart society on the surface, and some of them must have gone back later to investigate what was happening in the bunker. There was an Azgeda symbol on the concrete where they dug.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Totally on board with with Murphy being the final hero. He'll take the test.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

kdrudy posted:

"The only survivors of the final war will be cockroaches."

Hmmm. Checks out.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

kdrudy posted:

Seeing this is my main motivation to keep watching. And if he ascends to being a Space God he can heal Raven and that would be the perfect ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Got a big kick out of Russheida killing all those dudes. He’s probably my favorite part of the season by far. The actor played both personalities very well.