Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Annointed posted:

I can't believe Ruby unlocks her IB powers to magical girl dance with her senpai to save the world from her Brother's IB [Ruthless Healer]

I can't believe Aqua is a clone of Kuro Instantbullet and he finally gets to gently caress the Witch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 15

Even in Akaverse live action adaptations were a mistake :colbert:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I'm suddenly incredibly invested in the final episode of a fake live action adaptation of a manga being good.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wait so we Act Age Now?

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
It's fun for some reason when Aqua's black star flares up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kana's "serious" side is fantastic and I can't wait to see her more often.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1021170/1

16 is up.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kana deserves way better than this :smith:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

gently caress them up Aqua please

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Super Jay Mann posted:

Kana deserves way better than this :smith:
These fuckers are doing our girl dirty. :mad:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The translator comment about ending at chapter 20 actually gave me a bit of a laugh.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

All these jerks are vultures picking at other people’s fames and works for their own gain.

Acerbatus posted:

The translator comment about ending at chapter 20 actually gave me a bit of a laugh.

Instant Bullet ho!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chapter 17

Recommended music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5txYYSo0jWs

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kana finally gets a break. :3:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Aqua is extremely powerful.

Also no lies detected on that appendix page.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy gently caress. I would watch that episode. :aaa:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

"I have no talent in acting" I continue to insist as I masterfully bring all of the stuff on the set together into my performance

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Aqua has some weird mental block where he insists that acting must be an art that is unsullied by mere crafts like good lighting and contrast, well coordinated camera angles, and good use of studio sound mixed with audio effects. It's like he thinks two actors performing in an evenly lit white box is the only way to judge acting skill.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
He probably has a layman's definition of "acting talent" that's about expression and line delivery, not realizing that prop use, reading comprehension and bringing out the best in fellow actors is also part of it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
He's comparing himself to his remembered ideal of Ai and assuming that she didn't also need the same tricks to look good.

Also, he was a doctor and probably had to know how to put on a face anyway and doesn't regard it as acting.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He was a physician before getting tensei'd into Aqua, right? Bedside manner is like at least 3/5ths of what makes a good physician.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 18

Oh boy Aqua on a dating reality show I can't wait. :allears:

Also Kana is hella thirsty.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh god not reality tv

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kana is so lovely. :3:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Also Kana is hella thirsty.

On one hand, true statement.
On the other, she's smart enough to have realized what Aqua did there. As far as signals go, manipulating those asshats and turning the last episode into a massive success because Kana was hurting inside is a big one.

Annointed posted:

Oh god not reality tv

It's fine. :thisisfine:
He'll get himself voted out first or however it works.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did you mean :tif: by any chance? :mmmhmm:

Most likely scenario is that it's mutual but since one is goofy child actress while the other is a boy bent on revenge, it's gonna be awhile before they realize that the other party like them the same. Y'know, just like in Akasaka's other series.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, I'd be pretty surprised if Aqua had any sincere interest in Kana at this point.

I'm glad she seems to be sticking around, though. This series keeps taking unexpected turns.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/title/46835/oshi-no-ko

Ruby finally gets some good scenes. :buddy:

Also I get he was a fan in his past life and all but the way you talk about your mother is a little weird there aqua.

e: ruby seems to really like boobs and hell, same.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 25, 2020

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ruby is a lovable dork and her new friend seems nice :allears:

Aqua might be a little bit obsessed with his dead mom. Just a little.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Jesus new girl's cat eyes. That's like some main Shoujo Tier. And good on Ruby on trying to get her first friend into some idol group work.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/46835/oshi-no-ko

Ruby finally gets some good scenes. :buddy:

Also I get he was a fan in his past life and all but the way you talk about your mother is a little weird there aqua.

e: ruby seems to really like boobs and hell, same.

thing about aqua is he's still significantly younger than when he died so he probably can disassociate more easily than Ruby, who is older.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rody One Half posted:

thing about aqua is he's still significantly younger than when he died so he probably can disassociate more easily than Ruby, who is older.

Uhhh, Aqua was a grown man and Ruby was a teenage girl.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Acerbatus posted:

Uhhh, Aqua was a grown man and Ruby was a teenage girl.

You misunderstood (I did at first too). They're saying that Aqua is still much younger presently than his past life, so he can disassociate. Ruby is now older than she ever was when alive so shes kinda just... living her life.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1055231/1

New chapter's out.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Time to pull a Zombieland Saga!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kana is worse than Miko at taking peer pressure. I'm worried about her. :ohdear:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Poor Kana being susceptible to manipulation.

Kana continues making excellent faces.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Aqua needs his rear end kicked a bit for how he just pulled what he just pulled.
Stop sending easily misinterpreted signals, you loving know what they mean. Either mean them or shut up, you were 30-something(?) in your previous life.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
This is your brain on vengeance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omobono posted:

Aqua needs his rear end kicked a bit for how he just pulled what he just pulled.
Stop sending easily misinterpreted signals, you loving know what they mean. Either mean them or shut up, you were 30-something(?) in your previous life.

To be fair, I somehow don't think he was exactly a ladykiller last time around. :v: