Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The front on shots are the best
https://twitter.com/OutOfCycling/status/1309498878031540225?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Giro Rosa no longer WT level from next year, leaving two six day tours (Tour of Britain, Boel's Ladies) two four days tours (Vuelta a Burgos, Norway) and two three day tours (Chongming Island, La Vuelta) on the calendar.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

Would be really nice if you could spoiler that somehow.

Spoiler inline Twitter link?

accipter fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 25, 2020

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Giro Rosa no longer WT level from next year, leaving two six day tours (Tour of Britain, Boel's Ladies) two four days tours (Vuelta a Burgos, Norway) and two three day tours (Chongming Island, La Vuelta) on the calendar.

They've demoted the biggest race in women's cycling?????

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1309517343756873730?s=20

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That’s the one I was looking for, thanks!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Means the organisers don't have to commit to the rules for World Tour events. TV etc.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Means the organisers don't have to commit to the rules for World Tour events. TV etc.

Lizzy Banks has influence after all!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Someone in the GB team lost Thomas Garmin so he rode the TT with absolutely no data lol.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

accipter posted:

Spoiler inline Twitter link?

I would have used a link shortener or used the images directly.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
lol

https://www.strava.com/activities/4101441934

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Someone in the GB team lost Thomas Garmin so he rode the TT with absolutely no data lol.

apparently they then gave him a spare one which turned out not to fit on his tt bike, which he only received 3 minutes in advance lmao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Imagine going to the worlds and crashing in the first 100m

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Imagine going to the worlds and crashing in the first 100m

There was a fairly sizable crash during the neutralized phase, too

e: I mean, at least in that case you know you'll get back on I guess

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Girlfriend chat

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Man, the geology-copter is having a field day

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Smirr posted:

Man, the geology-copter is having a field day

I’m enjoying the camera person tilting their camera so it looks like they’re riding up a 100% grade

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

starting to liven up but if i see that zwift advert one more time i'm going to go insane

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

We finally have some proper UCI timekeeping

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If it ain't on a chalk board its not accurate.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lol at the peloton wiping a minute off the break in less than 2km.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Also lol that Bujak is about to make it to the attacking group after ~25 km solo in the wind, just when the group is about to be caught

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Gwan are liz

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm getting flashbacks to that one EC where the Dutch team didn't like the rider they had in the group, so they went all out to bring them back, and then they got smoked in the sprint

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
drat these views making me want to go to Italy

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Netherlands are the Movistar of womens cycling.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Rips Liz.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Dutch on Dutch violence :sickos:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Team mates attacking each other? Definite movistar tactics

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I need Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig to somehow win this (not a jinx since she's currently not winning this)

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
still trying to figure out what’s happening, but this is the prettiest course ever (maybe tied with that tour of Norway stage on the islands, you know the one)

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Van Der breggan looking like she could do the double

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

paddyboat posted:

still trying to figure out what’s happening, but this is the prettiest course ever (maybe tied with that tour of Norway stage on the islands, you know the one)

Those sideways helicopter shots of the road running along the ridge line ~5 minutes ago were just :discourse:

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:

Van Der breggan looking like she could do the double

Pretty nice way to close out your career. Had some help from favorites crashing out but that's racing.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Smirr posted:

Those sideways helicopter shots of the road running along the ridge line ~5 minutes ago were just :discourse:

https://twitter.com/cyclingreporter/status/1309855886907781121?s=21

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

colonel tom posted:

Pretty nice way to close out your career. Had some help from favorites crashing out but that's racing.

is she not staying on for the olympics next year?

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

HappyCamperGL posted:

is she not staying on for the olympics next year?

Oh I guess she is. I thought she was calling it quits after this year but maybe the olympics getting delayed changed that plan.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

No one's chasing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Commentators are extremely thirsty for Deignan to medal