Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I'm always incredibly uncomfortable during "final destination-esque" moments, even animated ones apparently lol because that scene with Stan and Francine was :stare:

That's valid, my stomach sunk a bit when Francine almost got her head buzz sawed open.

Anyway, season 15 (or so) of American Dad has come to a close (although, according to the google video app, the season actually came to an end last week and 300 is the first episode of season 16. The numbering for this show is all screwed up.)

When will it be back? Who knows, but it's been renewed for at least 2 more seasons (and probably more coming, the show still has a very solid fanbase) so it will be back eventually (unlike The Venture Brothers....RIP...)

In the meantime, here's a few shows to fill the void:

1. Archer: Season 11 starts tomorrow, and they're back to doing spy stuff so if you dropped out when the 3 seasons of coma dreams started consider checking back in.

2. What We Do in the Shadows: one of the best live action comedy shows ever, a bunch of vampires doing vampire things. A recent episode features Matt Berry pulling a Roger and starting a new life as his persona Normal Human Bartender Jackie Daytona, and if that doesn't convince you to watch the show I don't know what to tell ya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPV5YOunWWc

3. Riverdale: I can't really justify why I love this one, but I do. Have you ever wanted to watch a telenovela staring the teens from the Riverdale comics? No? Well, here it is. Also it has murder, a lot of murder, and mobsters, and two evil cults, and just about every insane plot twist you can imagine. Makes more sense if you imagine it's Francine's drunken fanfiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
American Dad has been a big part of my rotation in the background or watch whenever I'm high/drunk shows for years. It's great that it's reached 300 episodes but it's hit me that I've probably watched all of those 300 episodes multiple times. That's a lot of time.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

Mister Kingdom posted:

The Simpsons
Family Guy
American Dad!

So one of them is that person who excelled and was loved in school, but ran out of steam after graduation. He was so big that they won't let him quit.

One of them is that kid that was funny and clever in their own way but never really got noticed much, until later on in life. The retroactive fame was so big he just ran with it and decided to phone it in from there on.

And one of them is was just a great as the other two, but various factors never got him nearly as much fame. Luckily he decided to keep doing what he loves and has a more humble, much healthier life than the other two.

Hurray for American Dad! I'll be watching this show when I'm a decaying corpse in some nursing home in sixty years.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Apparently, egg madness is real. :stare:

quote:

The RSPB said thieves such as Gregory Wheal were motivated by an overwhelming addiction to the thrill of stealing and possessing rare eggs, with their collections becoming a trophy of their endeavours in the field.

Such is the extent of the compulsion that collectors will risk their lives to satisfy their desire for eggs.

Mark Thomas, investigations officer for the RSPB, said: "It becomes a complete obsession where collectors will risk absolutely everything. They physically can't help themselves.

"We know of two collectors who have fallen to their deaths."

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

And I thought egg madness was that thing where people go through all the eggs at super markets trying to find the perfect dozen eggs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Anyway, season 15 (or so) of American Dad has come to a close (although, according to the google video app, the season actually came to an end last week and 300 is the first episode of season 16. The numbering for this show is all screwed up.).

Wikipedia has the next episode down as the 300th episode (which looks to be a Christmas ep ‘Yule. Tide. Repeat’)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Wikipedia has the next episode down as the 300th episode (which looks to be a Christmas ep ‘Yule. Tide. Repeat’)

The episode we just got was the 300th episode produced, that's what they're basing the numbering on

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

drrockso20 posted:

And I thought egg madness was that thing where people go through all the eggs at super markets trying to find the perfect dozen eggs

It's the thing where people switch a bunch of eggs from the most expensive egg carton with the one from the cheapest egg carton, while pretending to "check" the eggs, which I've definitely seen.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's the thing where people switch a bunch of eggs from the most expensive egg carton with the one from the cheapest egg carton, while pretending to "check" the eggs, which I've definitely seen.

In case anyone didn't get my reference;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7BJF51RtUY

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

1. Archer: Season 11 starts tomorrow, and they're back to doing spy stuff so if you dropped out when the 3 seasons of coma dreams started consider checking back in.
I'm glad because I was not feeling the themed seasons once he goes into the coma

The Archer 1999 one was the best one but it still wasn't great.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

drrockso20 posted:

In case anyone didn't get my reference;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7BJF51RtUY

I got it, I was just telling people to steal

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
American Dad! has been one of my favourite shows since the beginning, with the original golden turd episode a notable highlight of the early years.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm apparently a couple seasons behind because Hulu but have they ever revisited the fact that Hayley can effortlessly kick Stan's rear end?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm apparently a couple seasons behind because Hulu but have they ever revisited the fact that Hayley can effortlessly kick Stan's rear end?

Don't think so, they've been playing up Hayley as lazy and useless pretty hard for a while now

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

shame on an IGA posted:

Nah, their battles are more psychological now. See "The Devil Wears a Lapel Pin" and "First, do no Farm" for an idea of what I'm talking about.

drrockso20 posted:

Don't think so, they've been playing up Hayley as lazy and useless pretty hard for a while now

This has come up before, but I want to take a moment to reaffirm my love of the new dumber and lazier Hayley from the past few seasons. She gets better jokes and better storylines, much like Klaus the writers finally figured out what to do with her and I've enjoyed it a lot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Here’s the titles that have been registered for episodes, but are as yet unaired:

EAJN08 “Yule. Tide. Repeat.”
FAJN01 "Who Smarted?"
FAJN02 "Russian Doll"
FAJN03 “Stan Moves to Chicago"
FAJN04 “Shakedown Steve"
FAJN05 “Klaus and Rogu in "Thank God for Loose Rocks": An American Dad! Adventure”
FAJN06 “The Wondercabinet”
FAJN07 “Little Bonnie Ramirez"
FAJN08 “Dancin' A-with My Cells"

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

The Wondercabinet has me...wondering.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yates posted:

The Wondercabinet has me...wondering.

It's got me in mind of some weird-rear end Indian in the Cupboard take-off, but I can't put the pieces together yet. I'll get back to you.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

I’ve loved what they’ve done with her fairly recently to the point that it’s made earlier seasons where she’s barely a character much harder to watch. She’s always been a disappointment to Stan but it’s not because she isn’t the president or a CIA agent or whatever he literally just wants her to have ANY purpose. Her working at a sub shop and being promoted to shift manager made him so proud whereas a weaker show would have him be even more disappointed that she has a service job. He loves that she works at an off brand Subway and she loves doing it.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Are they ever going to show Jeff and Barry's project?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Eddain posted:

Oh my god I would kill for a follow-up

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Unmature posted:

He loves that she works at an off brand Subway and she loves doing it.
Who wouldn't love working with the wettest ham in the state?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Eddain posted:

they're saving that for the series finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu still hasn't added any new episodes in a while and also for some reason the sound is kind of low on some episodes.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I know it drives me crazy because tbs.com doesn't have the last half of the last season so theres like 9 lost episodes for me

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I feel like Hulu typically updates once a season more or less concludes for a while - not with every episode that's aired since, annoying enough, but typically the back half of the season they left off at and then a portion of the more recently concluded season.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe they're like the rest of the world and only remember the show is still airing every few years.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So we’re done with the season right?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

So we’re done with the season right?

Except for the Christmas episode yes

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I know that we can't do anything because of coronavirus, but I really wish that there were American Dad trivia nights at bars like there are Simpsons trivia nights. I would clean up.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I did an Always Sunny trivia night thinking my friend and I would sweep it... Turns out there's some rainmen out there for everything

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ha, I had the exact same experience at a 30Rock trivia night I found in NYC when I was there visiting once. I did not do well.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

I did an Always Sunny trivia night thinking my friend and I would sweep it... Turns out there's some rainmen out there for everything

The_Doctor posted:

Ha, I had the exact same experience at a 30Rock trivia night I found in NYC when I was there visiting once. I did not do well.

I wish I knew enough about IASIP or 30 Rock for you guys to give me examples of questions you got.

Also, if there are rainmen out there for everything, who's to say I'm not a rainman for American Dad? Now that I think of it, I frequently forget the B-plots for episodes, and I don't know a loving thing about the Stan of Arabia two-parter, so I'm probably not that.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'll start us off with a question

Who was excited for the census?
a) Stan
b) The mom
c) Little Glasses Guy
d) Angry Lady

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I wish I knew enough about IASIP or 30 Rock for you guys to give me examples of questions you got.

I remember one of them was “What date does Mitch Lemon believe it is?” December 7, 1985

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

American Dad:

What was the department store Judy worked at?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I'll start us off with a question

Who was excited for the census?
a) Stan
b) The mom
c) Little Glasses Guy
d) Angry Lady

Oh! I know this one! c) Little Glasses Guy!

Next question: In the episode Steve & Snot's Test-Tubular Adventure Francine made reference to poet François le Métel de Boisrobert, what country did he hail from?

Answer: Spain! Keep up your learning, America!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you want a trick question you could always ask them to name the Smith children.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

In the episode "Haylias", what was the unlikely phrase to deactivate Hayley's assassin programming?

I'm trying to remember some of the Always Sunny questions, I was very drunk and it was years ago. Some were gimmes, like what was the name of Frank's club in the episode "Frank's Brother" or what did Mac call his bicycle invention, or what does the DENNIS system initialism stand for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Brawnfire posted:

In the episode "Haylias", what was the unlikely phrase to deactivate Hayley's assassin programming?

I’m getting fed up with this orgasm!

But I don't know the answer to your question.