Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Saw Tom Baker was trending on twitter, and my heart dropped. Thankfully, it's a poll. Tennant voted best Doctor, which is clearly a lie. He's not even the best revival Doctor.

https://twitter.com/RadioTimes/status/1307771750340423680?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jerusalem posted:

I cannot wait for the cliffhanger of episode 1 of a series titled DALEK UNIVERSE to be the shocking reveal of... a Dalek!

It'll be a cyberman made by the daleks.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The_Doctor posted:

Saw Tom Baker was trending on twitter, and my heart dropped. Thankfully, it's a poll. Tennant voted best Doctor, which is clearly a lie. He's not even the best revival Doctor.

this is also the face I'm making in response

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

They're all fine in their own way

It's the writers that need to step their game up, because the wizardry the actors work with the scripts they're given is some true magic

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

I'm just shocked Hartnell ranked as high as he did; he usually ends up at the bottom with Colin.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Davros1 posted:

I'm just shocked Hartnell ranked as high as he did; he usually ends up at the bottom with Colin.

whenever people ask me who my favorite doctor is I reply "Six" without hesitation and every single time the response is who's that :confused:

I'm ride or die for c. bakes

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I am absolutely FURIOUS at the McCoy placement on that poll :argh:

7/11 crew forever, represent

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I'm extremely impressed that Colin isn't the last!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I am absolutely FURIOUS at the McCoy placement on that poll :argh:

7/11 crew forever, represent

Ah, a Slurpee man!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Edward Mass posted:

Ah, a Slurpee man!

splendid flavors, all of them

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They clearly flipped the list upside down.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Discovered the staying power of Murray Gold's music yesterday. I went to Universal Studios to test out their socially distanced haunted houses and one of them is themed to evil tooth fairies and as you enter they were playing a piece of music I immediately recognized, and then went "This is from Doctor Who" and within a few minutes, I pinpointed it as the Vampire theme from Vampires of Venice. Guess I listened to the Series 5 soundtrack a few times.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Discovered the staying power of Murray Gold's music yesterday. I went to Universal Studios to test out their socially distanced haunted houses and one of them is themed to evil tooth fairies and as you enter they were playing a piece of music I immediately recognized, and then went "This is from Doctor Who" and within a few minutes, I pinpointed it as the Vampire theme from Vampires of Venice. Guess I listened to the Series 5 soundtrack a few times.

It reminds me of the time they had ‘I am the Doctor’ playing at an Ottawa Senators hockey game once - one of the last places I’d expect to hear it!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I went to Universal Studios to test out their socially distanced haunted houses

How does that work? Do they spray spooky hand sanitizer at you instead of ectoplasm?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Open Source Idiom posted:

How does that work? Do they spray spooky hand sanitizer at you instead of ectoplasm?

You do get a pump of hand sanitizer as you enter, yes.

But they limit people going in so there is at least six feet between parties (If not way more) and where scary stuff is, they've put up plexiglass between actors and the guests. It was a different take on that kind of thing, but they were doing a great job keeping it as safe as possible.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Character Options is usually good about sculpts, but this latest Brig figure ... uh ...

https://twitter.com/spankybackpack/status/1308904623953055744?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

Character Options is usually good about sculpts, but this latest Brig figure ... uh ...

https://twitter.com/spankybackpack/status/1308904623953055744?s=20

That’s not the Brig though? The box just says UNIT soldier. It’s actually a Yates figure with a painted on moustache to make him generic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

That’s not the Brig though? The box just says UNIT soldier. It’s actually a Yates figure with a painted on moustache to make him generic.

Well, that's better.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

(Nobody tell the Brig that the 'stache makes him look generic)

https://twitter.com/CultBoxTV/status/1309104809354629121

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Tom posted:

“I am delighted to be entitled at last. I hope the Who World will share my joy. Will I be allowed to tack “Fossil” on official correspondence? I hope the Who World will celebrate this fresh honour and will spread the news to those who live in remote places. Happy days to all the Who fans everywhere.”
:allears:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Reign of Terror is rubbish apart from

a) The fire. It looks terrific every time there's a flaming torch!

and

b) The hat.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

and

b) The hat.

The Doctor's escape from the chain gang.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

MrL_JaKiri posted:

and

b) The hat.

Gonna be honest here: I have no idea what was actually going on with Ian's subplot in that. Everything else is simple, but then ... something to do with spies?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't remember if there's any explanation for the fact that William Hartnell is playing two characters or if it's just... kind of a thing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Vinylshadow posted:

(Nobody tell the Brig that the 'stache makes him look generic)

https://twitter.com/CultBoxTV/status/1309104809354629121

Now someone write a story of the 4th Doctor going back in time and wiping those things out by accident.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Backstory of that naming is that the scientists in Australia were all leaned over it asking what they should call it, and Tom Baker was there and suggested they name it after him, and nobody questioned that Tom Baker was just suddenly there.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

Backstory of that naming is that the scientists in Australia were all leaned over it asking what they should call it, and Tom Baker was there and suggested they name it after him, and nobody questioned that Tom Baker was just suddenly there.

He wasn't there after he asked either.

They just decided it was best to do what he said.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Why, yes, sir, we'd love to name it after - wait a second, this is a wax dummy!"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Bicyclops posted:

I can't remember if there's any explanation for the fact that William Hartnell is playing two characters or if it's just... kind of a thing.

That's the Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve. The Reign of Terror is about the French revolution.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That said, aren't inexplicable historical doubles just a thing in Who? I know there's at least one more in Classic Who, and then there's Androids Of Tara too.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

That's the Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve. The Reign of Terror is about the French revolution.

Ah, I'm getting them mixed up, you're right.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Open Source Idiom posted:

That said, aren't inexplicable historical doubles just a thing in Who? I know there's at least one more in Classic Who, and then there's Androids Of Tara too.

Have Whittaker play a villain against herself. Hell, let her play the Rani and confuse everyone.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Have Whittaker play a villain against herself. Hell, let her play the Rani and confuse everyone.

That would be a great pull. Have the episode follow her for half an episode without giving the game away, and then have her run into the Doctor and co.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The_Doctor posted:

That would be a great pull. Have the episode follow her for half an episode without giving the game away, and then have her run into the Doctor and co.

Please don't give Chibnall ideas :ohdear:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Inexplicable doubles: fine, we can get our lead to do the same part.
An actual robot clone: let's just have a stuntman that *clearly* doesn't look like Hartnell, as long as it's not a close-up it'll work, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Wasn't the rumored plot of her first season that she was split into four pieces that would meet at somepoint, each with their own companion?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't the rumored plot of her first season that she was split into four pieces that would meet at somepoint, each with their own companion?

this would have been infinitely more watchable

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
How would that even work? Would, like, her left arm and part of her torso and head be one of the four pieces?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edward Mass posted:

How would that even work? Would, like, her left arm and part of her torso and head be one of the four pieces?

That would be the best possible version. But from what I remember she was going to be split into "temporal fragments" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The four parts meet, they merge, and their outfits combine to reveal Six's wardrobe

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1309538158686609408

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 26, 2020