Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I haven't played ME1 in like a decade, but I remember there were a few builds that just completely broke the game.
I don't think I want to go back to it for fear of ruining my memories of it, but man the citadel was a cool place to go through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GD_American posted:

I'm a big whore for any scifi that isn't just repackaged fantasy tropes so.....depends?

Not to become a gimmick, but I haven't played any of those games either

After you play ME1 (or maybe before?) you should download Ur-Quan Masters which is Star Control 2 ported to Windows and also free. I may be biased because it's my favourite game of all time but I don't think any game has come close to having such a well made universe you can explore every nook and cranny of and it was made in 1992. ME1 is heaaavily based on it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oh, my sweet summer child...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

drat, this looks awesome

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

mods?????

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

I made over $500 net profit off of this game by buying "limited edition" stuff and then flipping it to other people after pay day would roll around. This is despite still ostensibly owning a $250 module that it looks like I can still flip for $350 today. I was tempted to get really hog wild with flipping ships back in 2013 but was worried that the market would crash on me, so I held the money in hand and backed away from the game slowly.

I once walked around in a virtual hangar and then logged out.

:capitalism:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Really glad that I got out when I did and even made some pizza and beer money on it.

https://gfycat.com/jealousskeletalheifer

Maybe if they ever (lol) actually make a, y'know, game out of it then I'll give it a whirl, but... y'know.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah I also sold my bundle like five years ago. Paid 60 for it and managed to get 130 for it. Pizza and beer money indeed.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If you're going to make another HZD run before the sequel comes out like I did, there's something pretty cool if you finish the DLC storyline before you get super-deep into the main storyline. Way more dialogue changes than you'd expect when you really start to learn some of the major relevations about Hades and Gaia, from Sylens and you. Much of tying into what the characters had already learned about Hephaestus and CYAN.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

For those who don't want to bother skipping to the end of the thread, SC has raised over $310,000,000, and is on pace for their biggest year ever. May (Trumpbux) was very good to them.

Release date was supposed to be 2014.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

For those who don't want to bother skipping to the end of the thread, SC has raised over $310,000,000, and is on pace for their biggest year ever. May (Trumpbux) was very good to them.

Release date was supposed to be 2014.

This game is going to be even better than Duke Nukem Forever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh hey GOG has Metal Gear, MGS1, and MGS2 now

and the snes/nes castelvania pack

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Was just coming to post this...random as hell but I'll take it.

Twin Snakes/MGS3 when though?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Handsome Ralph posted:

Was just coming to post this...random as hell but I'll take it.

Twin Snakes/MGS3 when though?

twin snakes runs great in Dolphin

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Metal_Gear_Solid:_The_Twin_Snakes

mgs3 and mgs4 run well on the ps3 emulator as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15CleW3WmPU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Play as Adept or Vanguard.

Vanguard is the best class in all three games, but Adept gets pretty great too.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Magical sprint/smash attack plus shotgun and melee and some CC spells. Vanguard owns.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I like Vanguard cause it's like playing pinball, but you're the ball. And you have a shotgun.

Plays like no other shooter experience I've done before. Though admittedly I don't play a lot of shooters.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I was only dimly aware of Star Citizen up until now, this is quite the rabbit hole :munch:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Mass Effect port pushed to early next year. Also no ME3 multiplayer will be included :(

https://twitter.com/GamesBeat/status/1309584992155176960

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
What's the point then you can just buy them for super cheap on Steam on a Christmas sale or whatever and it's not like you're missing out on anything

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

They're supposedly remastering the graphics and fixing a bunch of stuff as well as packing in all the DLC.

Buying the games on Steam is cheap, but then the DLC is stupid expensive. Also next-gen compatibility and a switch port.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Handsome Ralph posted:

Mass Effect port pushed to early next year. Also no ME3 multiplayer will be included :(

removing the multiplayer :lol:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ded posted:

removing the multiplayer :lol:

CALLED IT :sadwave:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

orange juche posted:

They're gonna delete mp from me3 lol

im goddamn nostradamus

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Handsome Ralph posted:

They're supposedly remastering the graphics and fixing a bunch of stuff as well as packing in all the DLC.

Buying the games on Steam is cheap, but then the DLC is stupid expensive. Also next-gen compatibility and a switch port.

This all sounds like a waste of money for everyone involved when you can just permanently cut the price on all the DLC and package it together. If you care about new console compatiblity, they didn't do any visual upgrades for Mario 3D Allstars and look how well that is selling.

But also no MP lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What a stupid thing to do to save a few pennies

People loved that MP

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The MP on me2 and me3 are the only things that gave those games massive amounts of hours played.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ded posted:

The MP on me2 and me3 are the only things that gave those games massive amounts of hours played.

Hopefully they use the several months delay to reconsider.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

orange juche posted:

Hopefully they use the several months delay to reconsider.

They'll remake ME2 and ME3 to have ME1 combat and also make ME1 MP a thing

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
In other news look waht just popped up on Gamepass

:corsair:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

And im no longer interested

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm a story guy, I generally don't give a poo poo about MP, fine by me

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The combat in 3 was excellent, and the multi was a 4 player horde mode with a lot of thought put into making every class viable. It was far, far better than it had any right to be.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'm personally gonna wait and see how it looks. I enjoyed the MP but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The combat in 3 was excellent, and the multi was a 4 player horde mode with a lot of thought put into making every class viable. It was far, far better than it had any right to be.

They also supported it with constant content updates for a good year or two after release for free

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I was only dimly aware of Star Citizen up until now, this is quite the rabbit hole :munch:

I know literally nothing about Star Citizen but I’ll be damned if I try and go through that thread after catching up on 4 different CSPAM mega threads and one was the Epstein thread.

Is there a TL;DR W/ lol’s included? Please don’t make me read thousands of pages of goon poo poo again for the occasional laugh.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's an early access scam to fuel Chris Roberts' cocaine habit

It's got a flight model with a ship computer translating joystick movements into individual thrusters on your ship, working space toilets, fighters you can hop into and launch out of your bigger ship, space piracy and stealing other ships, planetary exploration, multi crew spaceships, you can pre-order ships that respawn when you lose them for like hundreds of dollars

Well it's supposed to anyway

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dunno if any of y'all do boardgames (I didn't, but my sister and niece just moved near us and they do so I guess now so do I) but this is kinda a big deal:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/heroquest-game-system

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I know literally nothing about Star Citizen but I’ll be damned if I try and go through that thread after catching up on 4 different CSPAM mega threads and one was the Epstein thread.

Is there a TL;DR W/ lol’s included? Please don’t make me read thousands of pages of goon poo poo again for the occasional laugh.

The theme remains the same from start to finish. Chris Roberts promises the greatest, most immersive, most realistic, sci fi sim experience ever. A true universe-spanning multiplayer experience. See that star over there? You can go there and see what's up. Find something interesting? Mine it, refine it, sell it if you want. Or don't. Gank other players for fun. Your friends can be crew on your ship, or have their own. NPCs will be indistinguishable from players. Mocapped stars like Gary Oldman will make appearances as NPCs. Bootstrap your way up the ladder, or buy bigger/better ships to skip a few rungs along the way. The physics running the universe will be more complex than anything ever, down to your character's biological systems being modeled. You'll have a pulse, and blood pressure, etc. Ship systems will be similarly detailed, as well as planetary environments. The promises have continued over the years, and gotten more outlandish while actual content has been a bit sluggish.

The game was supposed to be released in 2014. They still haven't managed to fix basic problems like "the elevator killed me" or "I clipped through the floor and fell through space until I hit the bottom of the engine and drowned because it's a bastardized version of the water-based CryEngine for some loving reason." NPCs can be found standing on furniture, or horribly disfigured because they rendered incorrectly, or the game forgot to carry a one and now an arm is 8 feet long. It's a hilarious, pre-alpha buggy mess, that was supposed to have rewritten video game history more than half a decade ago.

Idiots will occasionally show up in the thread, but it's less common now...most have realized that it's nothing but grift and Croberts' company CIG has no intention of actually releasing a finished game. All they have to do is release enough to avoid prosecution. Maybe once there was actually a goal of releasing a game, but they can't possibly do that now. It would be a disaster, and would shut off the money firehose. Nowadays their business model is less about crowdfunding and more about selling ships that "will" eventually be released in-game. Right now they're fancy/stupid ship JPGs. For some reason they made a tank.

The highlight of the thread's comedy is those releases, it's screengrabs from the CIG forums where star citizens cosplay as whatever weird thing they want to be (CPAP terrorist, special forces bunny), do gold medal mental gymnastics to defend CIG's actions, and write their own fanfic about torture and rape. Because of course that's what the game is about. And we can't forget the videos of the ridiculous bugs that make it unplayable to all but the most hardheaded defenders of CIG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
And so much of the bonkers expansion was self-inflicted while pursuing money.

Stupid poo poo like not only promising expanded content and mechanics if they raiaed another 5 million bucks, but letting the community pick the expanded feature.

So OK, sure, we raised 5 mil more and also we promised this means you can minecraft/factorio your way into being a space hydroponic farmer or some poo poo.

Or now we’ve promised to add sim-level space first person shooting as well for boarding parties and such.

Because admitting you need the money to fix the core concept would be weakness and dumb nerds keep throwing money at you.