Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomfoolery

Lots of people on this website are getting angry about landlords :( I figured I'd make a chill landlord thread that is fun, in the chillest subforum.

My favorite landlords are bee landlords:

Bees like to live in highrises in fields and pay their landlords in honey. All around a nice deal. Bees are also fun because they like to live as a giant polycule involving several hundred males and a single female.

This guy is pretty cool also:

This is an earth wizard from Runescape. He roams the area northwest of Port Sarim and east of Armadyl's Tower. I think he counts as a "land lord" because he controls the land.

He looks sadly off into the distance, at a vista only he can perceive

Anyways please post your favorite landlords here.

Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead

I love peeps
this will not be a chill thread i guarantee it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tomfoolery

Here is some pretty cool earth wizard concept art:

quote:

This guy shooting a blocks of earth from the arena.

When block hit an enemy it splits a 3 more blocks and hit near enemies and deal less damage then the main shoot.

When it dies, Earth Wizard make the Earth Wave around him and stuns near units without any damage

KYOON GRIFFEY JR

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
ground floor mother truckers

----------------

Macnult

my last landlord covered the costs for me to paint my room because they also liked the color, and since they liked it i didn’t have to worry about painting it back to its previous color when i moved out. that was pretty chill of them

tater_salad

my last landlord was a large corporate apartment complex and overall it was pretty chill, except the one time they called me about late payment when I wasn't late they just hosed up.

They did however have a lovely policy where you needed to re-sign a lease for a year or only extend for 3 months and get the gently caress out. I was in the process of buying a house and it was stressful not to have a month to month situation.

alnilam

i am highly skeptical of the ability of this thread to stay chill but let's give it a shot, no politix or talking about guillotines or whatever

ty manifisto

Macnult

alnilam posted:

i am highly skeptical of the ability of this thread to stay chill but let's give it a shot, no politix or talking about guillotines or whatever

*crosses out the time my landlord gave me the green light for my french revolution roleplay setup*

bob dobbs is dead

I love peeps

alnilam posted:

i mean you know it in your heart that this isnt gonna happen

could just close now

----------------

corgski

Silly goose, you're here forever.

my favorite landlord never showed up at the house and just stopped cashing the rent checks one day

thank 2 blaise rascal for a cozy sig

more falafel please

forums poster

worker honeybees are females, typically there's tens of thousands of them in a hive with a few thousand drones (males) :sci101:

the drones basically exist to go fly around and meet up with a queen, usually from another hive, and mate with her. they don't collect nectar or pollen and can't feed themselves. queens usually go on one mating flight in their lives and collect a giant reservoir of sperm

i've been a bee landlord but chicago is a tough place to keep bees because they have a tendency to die in the winter if there's any kind of cold snap, and it's sad

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Macnult

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i mean you know it in your heart that this isnt gonna happen

could just close now

found the unchill landlord

Ass-Haggis

asproigerosis confirmed
wish i was beautiful and flawless like bee landlords, wish i was that bee benefactor

bob dobbs is dead

I love peeps

Macnult posted:

found the unchill landlord

i am the "expropriate all land" dude ackshually

----------------

Macnult

how can we use this to help out the bees

Tomfoolery

more falafel please posted:

worker honeybees are females, typically there's tens of thousands of them in a hive with a few thousand drones (males) :sci101:

the drones basically exist to go fly around and meet up with a queen, usually from another hive, and mate with her. they don't collect nectar or pollen and can't feed themselves. queens usually go on one mating flight in their lives and collect a giant reservoir of sperm

i've been a bee landlord but chicago is a tough place to keep bees because they have a tendency to die in the winter if there's any kind of cold snap, and it's sad

So, TECHNICALLY, if the males go sleep around with other hives' queens and those other hives' males sleep with their queen, they're all part of the SAME POLYCULE

Bees are necessary to pollinate flowers so that the flowers grow into beautiful caterpillars which turn into beautiful bees and thus the cycle of life continues

Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 25, 2020

alnilam

one time a bee swarm visited my backyard for a few days it was surprisingly chill even though i was kinda ascared

ty manifisto

more falafel please

forums poster

alnilam posted:

one time a bee swarm visited my backyard for a few days it was surprisingly chill even though i was kinda ascared

honeybees will really only attack if they feel like the hive is threatened, and when they're swarming they don't have a hive, so they're literally just trying to find a place to live. if you find a swarm the best thing to do is try to contact some local beekeepers to come collect it and rehive it

alnilam

yeah it turned out i had a friend of a friend come and take the swarm, for beekeepers finding a swarm is a lucky strike! he told me otherwise you can pay like several hundo for a fresh swarm.

he showed up and literally scooped them into a trash can with a lid, with his bare hands, in a t-shirt. that shoewd me how docile they truly are in the swarming phase. it was crazy.

ty manifisto

more falafel please

forums poster

alnilam posted:

yeah it turned out i had a friend of a friend come and take the swarm, for beekeepers finding a swarm is a lucky strike! he told me otherwise you can pay like several hundo for a fresh swarm.

he showed up and literally scooped them into a trash can with a lid, with his bare hands, in a t-shirt. that shoewd me how docile they truly are in the swarming phase. it was crazy.

lol that's great. i know some serious beekeepers have like vaccuums that gently remove them

but yeah a package of bees (typically about 10000 bees and a queen) costs about $100, and a swarm is usually way more bees than that

Goons Are Gifts

Back in the days I was a landlord of my ants. Now it's reversed. :ohdear:

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Great posted:

Back in the days I was a landlord of my ants. Now it's reversed. :ohdear:

idk if this is such a bad thing. ant landlords sound pretty chill. how do you pay them? crickets? sugar water?

Tomfoolery

Prof. Crocodile posted:

idk if this is such a bad thing. ant landlords sound pretty chill. how do you pay them? crickets? sugar water?

Most of their apartments are garden units :(

Lady Jaybird

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If there's too many males in a beehive, during the fall they'll kick them all out.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I am the lord of all the land I survey (if I stand in a specific spot and use my hands as blinders and put on a broad brimmed hat)

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Cyrano4747

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I am a multi-unit landlord.

. . . . if guns are considered apartments and bullets tenants.

There are a lot of evictions, though :(

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I am the rentier landlord of my lawn, but I wield the guillotine weekly upon the the unfortunate heads of my benighted grass tenants to keep them in their lowly station.

alnilam

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I am the rentier landlord of my lawn, but I wield the guillotine weekly upon the the unfortunate heads of my benighted grass tenants to keep them in their lowly station.

brutal

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

mods plz change my av to these guys crawling around individually guillotineing the heads off every peasant blade of grass:

Jinh

my last landlord was a super chill well-to-do lady who was a higher up at a major tavern/brewpub in a big city in southern NJ. she would bring home food and beer growlers nonstop and leave them for me. my rent was super cheap even though we were in a college town, she only wanted enough to cover her mortgage bills from her tenants.

its been 8 years since i moved out. looking back on it, she might have been dropping hints that there could be more perks to living there. for a while the other tenants had moved out so it was just me and her, both single, and she mentioned that one of her sons friends (my age) previously crashed on the couch there after her son moved out and she had to kick him out eventually because "he has no job, he's not contributing anything, and its not like he's sleeping with me".

dont know if i dodged a bullet or missed out by not inquiring further.

thanks so much cda <3

Ass-penny

Pretty easy to be chill when you reside underground.

corgski

truthfully though i am my own landlord it's just the cats don't pay rent

corgski

squatters in more way than one

Cyrano4747

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

corgski posted:

truthfully though i am my own landlord it's just the cats don't pay rent

byob background / post combo.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

we lived above our last landlord but he never complained about noise or anything. plus he fixed everything right away so he was pretty cool

Escape From Noise

Jinh posted:

my last landlord was a super chill well-to-do lady who was a higher up at a major tavern/brewpub in a big city in southern NJ. she would bring home food and beer growlers nonstop and leave them for me. my rent was super cheap even though we were in a college town, she only wanted enough to cover her mortgage bills from her tenants.

its been 8 years since i moved out. looking back on it, she might have been dropping hints that there could be more perks to living there. for a while the other tenants had moved out so it was just me and her, both single, and she mentioned that one of her sons friends (my age) previously crashed on the couch there after her son moved out and she had to kick him out eventually because "he has no job, he's not contributing anything, and its not like he's sleeping with me".

dont know if i dodged a bullet or missed out by not inquiring further.

Adele's Hello, but it's about a MILF landlord

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

nut

ya oh me? i guess i have some land i like to lorde over, it's funny to see the land so scared and nervous

more falafel please

forums poster

i own my house and my landlord never fixes loving anything

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

i own my house and my landlord never fixes loving anything

Sounds like the house is owning you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Sounds like the house is owning you

fffff....fukc