Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Wait, no whistle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

That was so odd lol

Should have pulled him

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
"Did I jump forward in time to after they fixed the net?"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Seguin so loving cursed.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Dumb hypothetical, but what if Tampa pulled their goalie and somehow accidently knocked the puck into their own goal that was pushed over? Is it the net or the zone or does nothing count?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God gently caress these refs

Either let em play or don't. Playoffs are a goddamn excuse for lovely officiating.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Friend posted:

Dumb hypothetical, but what if Tampa pulled their goalie and somehow accidently knocked the puck into their own goal that was pushed over? Is it the net or the zone or does nothing count?

Whistle the play dead when the puck is loose? Or just call a review of the play? This hurts to think about.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh okay bye Stamkos

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Yikes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: HEDMAN

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just really cool that the Stars looked like they could hang for two games, and now they look completely outclassed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah sure down 2 and Radulov tries to get away with poo poo in front of a ref

Loving the discipline in two games.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress you Radulov

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Is Radulov back in the box again or is this déja vu

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
LMFAO can't clear.

how do clear puck from zone?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You miss a wide open net

That's church

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
What...
What is going on

e: Point.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Radulov looked like he committed both goalie interference and hooking on that missed shot

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

blue squares posted:

Radulov looked like he committed both goalie interference and hooking on that missed shot

I was just asking myself if that was interference

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

2nd period shots are 10-0 for Tampa.

That Cup's gonna get filled with quite a bit of Cigar City.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

2nd period shots are 10-0 for Tampa.

That Cup's gonna get filled with quite a bit of Cigar City.

Do they actually do good beers or is it exclusively hop-fucker IPAs and gimmicky pseudo-radlers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress off with this poo poo, Dallas

Jesus christ

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This game is good

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
hmmm

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That is the second brutal mistake to make with Kucherov on the ice leading to a goal

the stars are not inherently outmatched but you can't make multiple mistakes like that a game and still win

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The gaffes and meltdowns are strong in this game.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
That little keystone cops hockey behind the Stars net really broke me

4 stars can’t get the puck from one guy, they can’t even figure out where the puck is :psyduck:

Hard to root for you guys right now

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Owns owns owns

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I don't regret the fork now, but I won't use it again.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hell of a Jack Johnson impersonation by Lindell there

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

reminder that the last team Jon Cooper coached that didn't win a league title with him at the head was Lansing Catholic Central HS. (he only coached them for one year, when he was a public defender in the city. next year he got hired by the Metro Jets junior B team in Detroit and the ball hasn't stopped rolling since.)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

reminder that the last team Jon Cooper coached that didn't win a league title with him at the head was Lansing Catholic Central HS. (he only coached them for one year, when he was a public defender in the city. next year he got hired by the Metro Jets junior B team in Detroit and the ball hasn't stopped rolling since.)

I didn't know he was a public defender
that's pretty rad of him and also a super loving weird career path but I guess it just goes to show he's probably a wildly intelligent dude

A little early to anoint him as an all-time great but there's no denying he has taken the various iterations of the lightning roster over the last few years and run with it and if he ever gets dumped there should be 31 teams trying to hire him immediately

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

MoaM posted:

I don't regret the fork now, but I won't use it again.

There was about 5 minutes where it looked like the stars had a chance but yeah, that’s gone now

Hoping they rally on the back to back games

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I didn't know he was a public defender
that's pretty rad of him and also a super loving weird career path but I guess it just goes to show he's probably a wildly intelligent dude

A little early to anoint him as an all-time great but there's no denying he has taken the various iterations of the lightning roster over the last few years and run with it and if he ever gets dumped there should be 31 teams trying to hire him immediately

yep, the last competitive hockey he played was on the 3rd-string team at Notre Dame Secondary in Sask. he played college lax at Hofstra, got a law degree (from Cooley, yes, but it's still a JD) with an NCAA post-grad scholarship, and worked in the Lansing PD's office while coaching hockey as a hobby. genuinely interesting guy.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The Dallas PP looks like 5 guys that have had the concept of hockey explained to them but never actually played it before

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

let's go BOLTS baby

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Do they actually do good beers or is it exclusively hop-fucker IPAs and gimmicky pseudo-radlers

they do good beers

especially if you like barleywines

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Concurred posted:

let's go BOLTS baby

:toot:

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
God drat that was fun. Stamkos doing his own Willis Reed thing there. Gotta put them on the brink Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Welp, my stomach is in knots