Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

The ORB eps just started on the VB stream right now.

https://www.adultswim.com/streams/the-venture-bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
That Crash Test Dummies bit never fails.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Deathlove posted:

That Crash Test Dummies bit never fails.

I want a remix of that song with Captain Ghost Pirate singing the whole thing, with or without the concertina.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this got posted in the funny pictures thread and it reminded me of VB, i could totally picture this conversation happening between two henchmen.

https://i.imgur.com/uXj94HB.mp4

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Burger King has mournful nuggets. They're like a bunch of suicide notes stuffed in a glitter bra.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I forgot how gross Doc makes his drinks sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q1A3Ayt9I4

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I first encountered Shannon back when she was the moderator of the RedLetterMedia forums and it's so cool to see how big she is now and that her pieces on parasocial relationships have changed internet discourse for the better.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm doing a full rewatch right now, and I had always thought Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner was the worst episode, but it wasn't actually too terrible. It wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as I'd remembered.

Dr. Quymm, however, is absolutely dreadful and not enjoyable at all. In my head it was an early season 2 episode, not season 3.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sockser posted:

I'm doing a full rewatch right now, and I had always thought Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner was the worst episode, but it wasn't actually too terrible. It wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as I'd remembered.

Dr. Quymm, however, is absolutely dreadful and not enjoyable at all. In my head it was an early season 2 episode, not season 3.

I swear I’m the only one that likes State Dinner.

Dr Quymm is the only episode of VB that I’d call straight up bad, though.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

If the comedic timing of Rusty tumbling down from the roof just as he's bragging about soon-to-be-sex doesn't at least get a chuckle you're dead inside.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Brock's depression at the boxing gorilla plot is A+ material at least. Funnier than anything in state dinner at least

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Season Three has some absolutely fantastic elements and episodes but there is a lot of weird and terribleness in it. It's the season where they make a lot of pedophile jokes among other things.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, I was going to ask what the issue is with State Dinner, because it ain't my favourite but was perfectly serviceable. Dr Quimm wasn't terrible either.

"I was painting blood on the rocks down by the river, where were you?"

"Getting my rear end handed to me by a loving orangutan!"

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yeah, I was going to ask what the issue is with State Dinner, because it ain't my favourite but was perfectly serviceable. Dr Quimm wasn't terrible either.

"I was painting blood on the rocks down by the river, where were you?"

"Getting my rear end handed to me by a loving orangutan!"

I always see State Dinner as people's least favorite, but I just don't get the hate for it.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Love Bheits is the only episode with no redeeming qualities

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

I am Reverend posted:

Yup. Quymn and State Dinner are totally fine episodes, but Love Bheits is just bad

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I am Reverend posted:

The scene where Brock finds a lump on the henchman’s testicle was good.

But yeah, that episode wasn’t great.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Was going to say it has some fantastic minor character moments and quips and things, but they aren't strong enough to carry the whole thing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SeanBeansShako posted:

Was going to say it has some fantastic minor character moments and quips and things, but they aren't strong enough to carry the whole thing.

It feels more tonally consistent than Quymm does, I’ll give it that too. It’s a shame the actual storyline of it’s not great.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I like The Bat scene and the joke about Underland being in Michigan, but that's about it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Love Bheits is definitely the worst episode. State Dinner is pretty good I think. Lincoln being covered in 5 dollar bills so he can interact with things.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I will say, Love Bheits has the bit about Hank always being the bat. So that's one redeeming quality.

Also sticking your tongue in the mask slit (It's Maddening). So two.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Dr Quymm will always get a laugh out of me from Rusty's "ew" reaction to learning she's epileptic. It's so nonsensical yet tonally consistent response from Rusty.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Quymm’s redeeming qualities all have to do with gags at the expense of Rusty. That and “thanks for the new personal low”.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

someone already mentioned it but the gag of Rusty rolling off the jeep when it stops is one of the all-time best

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Ok, I feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else. Love Bheits is one of the best episodes.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I always thought that black and white Hank centred episode was pretty bad. I got what they were going for, I just didn't care.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Keltar posted:

I always thought that black and white Hank centred episode was pretty bad. I got what they were going for, I just didn't care.

Everyone Comes to Hank's is amazing, imo. I also enjoy Dr. Qutmn. State Dinner does suck.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Get your rear end to Mars always makes me smile.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Keltar posted:

Honestly couldn't stand the whole Hankco thing they were doing at that time

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Everyone Comes to Hank's is a top tier episode and Hankco is great—it totally makes sense for Hank struggling to figure out what he wants to do with his future and lets him be a clever opportunist while keeping him around and not spinning his wheels too much.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly couldn't stand the whole Hankco thing they were doing at that time

They keep asking me for Student Green.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

My Hankco shirt is one of my most prized possessions and i’m sad it’s starting to fall apart.

I just moved and I kept finding Hankbucks in places I never would have remembered because years ago me thought they’d be safe there.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The one with the sad Dean clone who tries to kill Dean is too sad to be funny and I've only ever watched it twice during my 5-6 rewatches.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

TK-42-1 posted:

I just moved and I kept finding Hankbucks in places I never would have remembered because years ago me thought they’d be safe there.

What about murphy beds?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

bull3964 posted:

What about murphy beds?

Not sure but I have my suspicions.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

What about murphy beds?

That "Murphy beds" gag was great because it sounded like a random throwaway joke, but it was actually a Chekhov's gun.

Bust Rodd posted:

The one with the sad Dean clone who tries to kill Dean is too sad to be funny and I've only ever watched it twice during my 5-6 rewatches.

I liked that one because while Sad Dean Clone was a sad Dean clone, and very pitiful, that bit of redemption he gets at the end was sweet. I mean, you know, until he blew up. (Another great Chekhov's gun! There was soooooo much nonsense surrounding those Doc statues; it was great that they served two distinct purposes later on.) But the little stinger, when Doc and Hatred are walked out just in time to see the explosion but not who exploded? That made it worthwhile.

"Who the hell was that??" Smash cut to credits.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Everyone Comes to Hank's is amazing, imo. I also enjoy Dr. Qutmn. State Dinner does suck.

"Everyone Comes to Hank's" was amazing. I liked the pseudo-noir thing they were going for in parts, I liked that the illusion would fade if Hank's hat was even nudged off of his head accidentally, and his post-coital speech was great. "I... had... sex! I had sex with a woman! And nothing will ever be the same... because of sex!"

State Dinner... yeah, not my favorite. There are a lot of scenes in it I like, but I think they tried to do a little political satire, and they were doing jokes that by then were already overdone and lame. And Bud Manstrong... not a great character. It was nice to see that Doc isn't as terrible at science as some episodes might suggest. He made a kick-rear end forcefield. Sure, he forgot an on/off switch on the device itself, but seriously, he could have figured out the weakness to club soda in a week or two. That's, like, two things that needed to be fixed. I call that a win.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

lots of people itt don't have enough respect for the episode that gave us Lincoln's Ghost

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Keltar posted:

this is probably in my top 5 episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Al being bored and going along with it for entertainment is perfectly on brand for the triad.