Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Sandwolf posted:

Who here *really* thought Tommu was 3P, honestly

I'll be honest. I didn't believe him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cloner of the Elks posted:

i didnt believe him until he doubled and tripled down. then there was no real point to him continuing to lie if he was town.

that said, lunching someone who claimed friendly neighbor is the actual stupid part, and people should be talking about that more

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

that said, lunching someone who claimed friendly neighbor is the actual stupid part, and people should be talking about that more

What??

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

amni claimed an extremely easy to verify role and people just continued to vote for him

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Note that tommunist has also ignored my claim of friendly neighbor, which would 100% clear me as town to another player if I am not executed today, because Tommunist doesn't think I'm scum, tommunist just wants me dead.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well I mean unless you got your scumbuddy to clear you or somehow you were blocked or whoever you told or claimed to tell was killed etc...

ugh this is such a scummy post, i wish i didnt decide to stop tunneling on hal.

but we should be looking at the people who were around in thread when amni claimed and just entirely ignored it. theres cheese and dgk to name a couple (im on moble so i cant fully check rn and my phones abput to die)

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Amnistar posted:

Yes. Always vote claimed third party, especially day 1.

Also, since votes are building up, I'm a friendly neighbor. Can confirm myself as town to another player should I live.

This was Amni's claim post. Also on phone so apologies for janky posting

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

I'm parking my vote here for now

##vote scumwolf

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 2

cheese sandwich (3): Dead Cow, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, sandnavyguy
Sandwolf (2): Scientastic, Cloner of the Elks
Cloner of the Elks (1): Mr. Steak

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, cheese sandwich, DGK2000, Gumball Gumption, Hal Incandenza, JOHN CENA, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 28th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

"It is not just age; it's accomplishments, it's experience. I have far more experience than many others that sought the office of vice president of this country. I have as much experience in the Congress as Jack Kennedy did when he sought the presidency. I will be prepared to deal with the people in the Bush administration, if that unfortunate event would ever occur." - Dan Quayle, 1988

"Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy." - Lloyd Bentsen, 1988

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no i have a pretty strong town read on sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm parking my vote here for now

##vote scumwolf

These are not necessarily mutually exclusive points but it feels like a really weird shift in dynamic. He agrees with my argument against Amni (he voted there) but now he’s sure I’m scum?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Sandwolf posted:

These are not necessarily mutually exclusive points but it feels like a really weird shift in dynamic. He agrees with my argument against Amni (he voted there) but now he’s sure I’m scum?

When you say he, are you referring to me?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dead Cow posted:

bminus is not playing and should be tossed out the airlock for it

Yeah sorry I will put in the effort tomorrow I promise

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Steak posted:

i didnt believe him until he doubled and tripled down. then there was no real point to him continuing to lie if he was town.

Yeah I will go back and reread how the end of d1 played out. Especially at those who were pushing him the hardest. I’m usually down to lunch of any 3p claim but scum are especially inclined to 3p hunt disguised as scum hunting.

Once again I think you were right steak. Scum likely weren’t under any pressure yesterday

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would like hal to post.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Mr. Steak posted:

ugh this is such a scummy post, i wish i didnt decide to stop tunneling on hal.

but we should be looking at the people who were around in thread when amni claimed and just entirely ignored it. theres cheese and dgk to name a couple (im on moble so i cant fully check rn and my phones abput to die)

He was just a friendly neighborhood cop in a game I was in with him, coupled with the suspicion I voiced. Didn't seem farfetched to me. Had anyone listened to my case on cheese, and had enough time I guess, this would be a different discussion.

You also voted him, so I mean pot kettle.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I also legit thought Tommu was making GBS threads around.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

You also voted him, so I mean pot kettle.

its a bit different to vote him before he claimed and then unvote him after

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

When you say he, are you referring to me?

If your pronouns of choice are not he/him I’m sincerely sorry, but if they are, this looks clear as day like you trying to avoid answering. Obviously you are the “he” being referenced there.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

This was Amni's claim post. Also on phone so apologies for janky posting

I completely missed this claim.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So far I have seen 2 people say they think I'm scum and 0 people say why they think I'm scum.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Sandwolf posted:

If your pronouns of choice are not he/him I’m sincerely sorry, but if they are, this looks clear as day like you trying to avoid answering. Obviously you are the “he” being referenced there.

Oh, no, you're correct with my pronouns!
I thought I'd double check in case you were asking me a question or whether you were trying to present something to everyone else because it was weirdly written.

Sandwolf posted:

uhhh... are you deliberately being disingenuous here or something else?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Also, which argument against Amni are you referring to?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yep you’re right you didn’t vote there I’m sorry I do not know why I thought that.

Why do you think I’m scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

So far I have seen 2 people say they think I'm scum and 0 people say why they think I'm scum.

Do you have any opinions on non-you things?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Do you have any opinions on non-you things?

Gumball is probably still scum and you likely are too

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Holy poo poo I had completely forgotten about Gumball, has he said anything since halfway through D1?

##vote gumball

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gumball is obviously town

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

gumball is obviously town

What?? How?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

For real, what's this gimmick and how did you go see entire day phase with no one really asking about it?

I'm mostly waiting for Cena to answer this or show up again or anything.

Sandwolf posted:

Holy poo poo I had completely forgotten about Gumball, has he said anything since halfway through D1?

##vote gumball

You could of looked at my posts and see? Try to build a case against me? This feels like you're scrambling for a new target and will figure out the case later. ##Vote Sandwolf

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

lol immediate pivot onto the easy vote from yesterday who hadnt said anything substantially new . a scum move

##vote sandwolf

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Sandwolf posted:

Yep you’re right you didn’t vote there I’m sorry I do not know why I thought that.

Why do you think I’m scum

Your first interaction with me felt weird:

Sandwolf posted:

these set of posts kind of give me a scum vibe, it kind of felt like you were trying to align yourself with amni and then this feels like weird antagonism
I have no idea why you thought I was trying to align myself with Amnistar. I'm not really trying to align myself with anyone, just trying to work out the alignments of others. I had no specific interaction with Amni until he said he'd vote me for my posts when I was poking Steak. You're the only one that said it felt like I was trying to align myself with Amni and that felt off. Maybe other people felt the same way as you but I doubt that.

Here's the 'weird antagonism' you're referencing:

Amnistar posted:

Would vote elk for this set of posts. Steak has a set of reads not even 2 pages back that could answer these questions

Alright, so drop that vote down i guess?

Amnistar posted:

sure.
##vote elk
Was it really that weird? Was it really antagonistic? In my mind? No.

- - - - -

I tried to explain this to you and I heard nothing back. No confirmation, no "Oh, OK, I see", no "I don't believe you". It felt like a 'I'm just going to plop this here for everyone to read and then move on' kind of move, and it's weird to me.

Sandwolf posted:

you were saying many things that Amni was saying and then suddenly there is little drama between you two

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. I didn't think I was mirroring what Amnistar was saying but I guess can understand if you think that was the situation.
But also remember that Amnistar started the 'little drama' whilst I was, not sure what the word is, poking? Steak.

Amnistar posted:

Would vote elk for this set of posts. Steak has a set of reads not even 2 pages back that could answer these questions
He said he 'would' vote me and I told him to lay it down instead of just saying it, I don't feel any specific aggression here

- - - - -

Steak made an interesting post:

Mr. Steak posted:

this game has a plague of hypocrites. can we make it a rule that you need to have stated serious scum reads before asking the same of others?

(sandwolf?)

Here was your response:

Sandwolf posted:

I also still have a vote on GG steak and am happy to have my vote there, what the hell?

And his, saying he didn't consider it a proper vote:

Sandwolf posted:

I also still have a vote on GG steak and am happy to have my vote there, what the hell?

Mr. Steak posted:

ngl i am not considering gumball a proper vote lol
Now, I get I was frustrated by Steak yesterday, but he had a point - and you didn't come back to him on this.

- - - - -

This post struck me as odd. You had more friction with Steak than anyone yet he was the one you were least willing to vote.

Sandwolf posted:

Deadline in 4 hours.

I’m happy with my vote but I think I’d vote Amnistar, then almost anyone rn. Prolly not steak.
Having said this, you did vote Amnistar leading up to deadline, apparently to avoid a no lynch scenario.

- - - - -

D1 you made a lot of 'x post is scummy!' claims but never followed through with anything. From what I read, it appeared to me that you lacked opinions of your own. You seem constantly perplexed through the game so far and I'm sure you're normally more composed than this.

On top, you either genuinely made a mistake about my voting history or deliberately attempted to convince others of a false past.

I'm not dead certain you are scum, but I do have a lean on you over everyone else right now, and b-minus1 is close behind.

I appreciate I'm not a well experienced mafia player but I'm calling it how I see it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

Who here *really* thought Tommu was 3P, honestly

Well, as I was reading the thread in the morning, my thought when I got to Tommy’s post was “OK, I know who got executed” and I was genuinely shocked by how it shook out

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Dead Cow posted:

There was only like 20 minutes to deadline and I wanted to go to bed, sorry, I didn't want to no lynch and have day ones conversation be day two

The timing wasn’t the scummy part, the weird over explanation was

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It’s my twelve year wedding anniversary tomorrow, so I won’t be posting. Enjoy being bad at mafia, see you on Monday.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sweeps Week begins Monday! Who will lead the popularity chart among honest Americans?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok ##vote cena

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Amnistar posted:

Would recommend that you look into Cena tommorrow. Hiding behind a flavor PR and not posting content.

This post keeps bugging me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

This post keeps bugging me

why?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cloner is scum

Adbot