Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

God drat it, did you know that there is a subforum dedicated mostly to how much mcdonalds can you eat and run by universally praised big beef? Its disgusing, however! I just ordered a whole set of lebanese food, ate it and was blown away. Cosmos! It is wholesome, you don't just eat meat, salads are delicious too, it is probably too much on the calories count but its definately balanced with fresh vegetables, meat, rice and peakled vegetables for flavour. Someone once said in this forum that its a blessing for every civilization, europe got Italy, middle east got Lebanon. God drat it, stop eating pizza or burgeres, order Lebanese, they know how to please you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

universally praised big beef

Don't hate the player hate the game

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't think there's a lebanese place near me

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
I feel bad for people that don’t have access to good Lebanese food.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Who What Now posted:

I don't think there's a lebanese place near me

I have like, 350 restaurants in delivery range, dozens of greek places / gyro joints. Just checked, no lebanese. Guess we'll just have to live vicariously through the OP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lebanese Trex on hoverboard

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Oh wait it didn't come up because it doesn't have the word lebanese anywhere

http://beirutdenver.com/menu.html

What should I order OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

What should I order OP

Falafel or chicken kafta if you're doing medium sized things. Lamb curry if you're getting the full dinner option. plz post results

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That may just be me jonesin for some falafel recently tho and for some reason, since the pandemic hit and there was a shortage (at least around here) of certain rices and beans, there are NO dried chickpeas, ANYWHERE. The canned ones are both more expensive, also not readily available, and simply don't make lil' falafel pellets the same way without soakin' em yourself. I can't find them at all.

It's one of those cooking projects I do one to three or so times a year fully from scratch, and I really want the drat things and can't get what is essentially "flour" for a person looking to make bread.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

TheAardvark posted:

What should I order OP

shawarma all day, every day

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The mediterranean basin as a whole has the best food in the world I've found. They're all so so good

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Unleavened bread is the business

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress yeah, lesbians know how to eat. :jerky:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TheAardvark posted:

What should I order OP

Its called mediterranean food in the US because its extremely similar to greek food and all the other countries of the levant.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

TheAardvark posted:

What should I order OP

get the lamb

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Feels good being descended from Lebanese diaspora. Every holiday is marked by kibbeh nayyeh, tabbouleh, schwarma, baba ganoush, and spreading toum on freshly baked naan.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

shawarma all day, every day

is it possible for you to be less northern european, even as an american spotting you from the loving moon, mate?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

is it possible for you to be less northern european, even as an american spotting you from the loving moon, mate?

it's illegal for americans to call people mate :cop:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheAardvark posted:

it's illegal for americans to call people mate :cop:

Isn’t crocodile Dundee american? :thunk:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Big Beef City posted:

shawarma is good man, dunno what else to say about the matter

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hot take: Iranian food > Lebanese imo

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Lebanese food is the most superior of all Mediterranean cuisines. I am willing to fight about this but instead you should just go eat.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Turkish cuisine is Greek cuisine :agesilaus:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Whorelord posted:

dont start that convo is only leads here you sons of bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52YOsjGINSc

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Colonel Cancer posted:

Turkish cuisine is Greek cuisine :agesilaus:

That's unfair

Some of it is also Kurdish

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lebanese food is great

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Closest Lebanese place to me is 30 miles, which makes me sad. I grew up with Lebanese friends in the 90s and their mom would always make the best tabbouleh.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Whorelord posted:

I've eaten Iranian food once and the owner of the restaurant was the most hospitable man ever to an almost uncomfortable degree. I had to argue with him to pay my check because I asked for a box half-way through (I was eating an early dinner so lunch hadn't been digested fully and the portions were enormous) and he didn't want me to have to pay anything if I didn't like it.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I love lebanese food but I moved to Oregon and none of the restaurants here have toum!!! gently caress!!!!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lebanese food is delicious. I agree.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

how's that falafel though

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Lebanese laydees are delicious too, OP. Let's not forget about their superior genes.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Whorelord posted:

Agreeeeed. Khoresh, or a koobideh with a big grilled tomato and half an onion on that beautiful golden rice

Oh and tahdig is excellent rice

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Labne and toum all day every day.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I'm Syrian but the food is the same and fet dijaaj is my poo poo

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018
My dad used to go to Lebanon when I was a kid and bring back ham, which we didn’t have in Israel at the time.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Sekenr posted:

God drat it, did you know that there is a subforum dedicated mostly to how much mcdonalds can you eat and run by universally praised big beef?

its more like the franchise chain creates a shared experience in a physical space which is a vanishingly rare thing in our increasingly atomized population

Woden
May 6, 2006

TheAardvark posted:

What should I order OP

What about Israeli? It's basically the same.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
leba none for me please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Have a lamb skewer, it’s delicious