Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

"This year’s study is our largest ever with more than 45,000 people in 42 countries and territories being interviewed to compile the list."

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/international/articles-reports/2020/09/22/worlds-most-admired-2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Glad to see the Obamas topping both lists.

Yikes! Jinping at #3 among the men, Modi at #4 and Putin at #12, Trump at #15 and Erdogan at #19??? Some people like their autocrats!

For the women, move Malala up to #3. Ellen DeGeneres? Get outta here!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm not seeing the pig with huge balls on that list, must be a mistake

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Ron Jeremy?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lmao Obama

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

This is a very valuable contribution. Lmao.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
The drone strikes championships

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I like Keanu Reeves and all, but if being a decent actor and not raping people is enough to make you the 10th best man in the world, we got problems.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

CountryMatters posted:

The drone strikes championships

You prefer full-fledged invasions? Or just ignoring terrorists?

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

CocoaNuts posted:

Lmao the Obama defender has logged on

When he got a bullseye on a middle eastern wedding did you cheer and shout M-M-M-MULTIKILL

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

CountryMatters posted:

When he got a bullseye on a middle eastern wedding did you cheer and shout M-M-M-MULTIKILL

a toilet that can post on the internet lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I prefer a president that doesn't bail out the cheating banks

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

CocoaNuts posted:

Glad to see the Obamas topping both lists.

:lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Claude Wayne "Doobie" Robinson

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
trump will bump up pretty high when he cruises thru re-election with minimal effort

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

CocoaNuts posted:

You could also consider why those terrorists are so hell-bent in the first place.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
A list of the most admired men and women of 2020, as voted for by bankers from inside a scrooge mcduck style swimming pool full of cash they were given as a reward for destroying the global economy

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space
richard "lowtax" kyanka

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Those lists appear to be constructed mainly of motherfuckers, so even adding a bunch of/more war criminals would probably improve it.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Remember when trump won the election and the Obama family left to go party on billionaire Island while trump found Obama's secret stash of immigrant baby prison busses with built in child seats? Good times

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

KVeezy3 posted:

You could also consider why those terrorists are so hell-bent in the first place.

Well you see, if you stop the forever war in middle east your mother and sister and wife will immediately have to wear a hijab! Bacon will be outlawed! It's a glorious battle for freedom and American Way of Life (TM) and not at all something else.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

CountryMatters posted:

A list of the most admired men and women of 2020, as voted for by bankers from inside a scrooge mcduck style swimming pool full of cash they were given as a reward for destroying the global economy

:trumppop:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol at the methodology

quote:

From January to March this year YouGov gathered open-ended nominations from panellists across 42 countries and territories, asking them simply: “Thinking about people alive in the world today, which [man or woman] do you most admire?”

"tell me some names you recognise from the television"

e: admittedly they then went to more targeted "who do you like most from this list" questions later on

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I see Michael Jordan's plan to assassinate Kobe and take all of his basketball popularity for himself paid off

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Pretty darn sure everybody involved in this survey should be kicked in the loving balls

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CountryMatters posted:

who gives a poo poo

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

they should make a tier list of posters in each SA forum next

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

CountryMatters posted:

There's no U.S. president without blood on his hands and there's no American president who's been perfect (despite the dipshit in office who would tell you otherwise). But Obama did a lot more good than harm, and could have accomplished even more if it weren't for Republican obstruction at every turn.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
joko widodo, soko hobo on smoko

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

KVeezy3 posted:

Some are just loving nutters. Others despise U.S. intervention but that dates back decades and doesn't just rest on Obama's shoulders.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

just imagine that I replaced both lists with the top posters both in post count and things I personally thought funny from the "Pissing with erections" thread and I'd say it's a dead heat.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm not seeing the pig with huge balls on that list, must be a mistake

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
This poo poo makes me embarrassed for the human race.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ubachung posted:

This poo poo makes me embarrassed for the human race.

It makes global warming look a whole hell of a lot more appealing that's for sure

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

Some are just loving nutters. Others despise U.S. intervention but that dates back decades and doesn't just rest on Obama's shoulders.

You're so close. I don't care if you have a crush on the Obama family: I'm hoping to get you to think beyond individual presidents, and consider the historical geopolitics. Obama was supported by the ruling class specifically because Bush was so horrific for the US image on the world stage which inhibited their ability to engage in U.S. intervention.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

KVeezy3 posted:

You're so close. I don't care if you have a crush on the Obama family: I'm hoping to get you to think beyond individual presidents, and consider the historical geopolitics. Obama was supported by the ruling class specifically because Bush was so horrific for the US image on the world stage which inhibited their ability to engage in U.S. intervention.

dang that really makes u think!!!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

KVeezy3 posted:

Obama was supported by 69.5 million voters in 2008 and 66 million voters in 2012.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

Obama was supported by 69.5 million voters in 2008 and 66 million voters in 2012.

How many US voters have a substantial knowledge of foreign policy? Even Bernie knew this was basically a no-fly zone for the dumb-rear end average American.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I think it's just an idiotic study, and not representative of anything real. That's why it seems so ridicilous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead
Everyone on the male list except Keanu is a war criminal and/or human rights violator lmao