Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Good news, everyone!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1309482818397974528?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
On the one hand, nice

On the other, nintendo, was launching these 8 months after the game came out the best idea

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blaziken386 posted:

On the other, nintendo, was launching these 8 months after the game came out the best idea

:corona:

... yyyyyyyeeeeeessss?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I never want to take off the corpse paint.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Excuse me SIR but there is already a Coralcola SIR you will be hearing from my attorneys :colbert:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

:corona:

... yyyyyyyeeeeeessss?
no but I mean

the game came out right before the 'rona, you'd think they would've tried to launch these alongside it?
Also, death plague aside, they did reprint them in japan months ago.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My understanding, which is based on secondhand knowledge, is that Switch stuff in general was underproduced thanks to Corona.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Anyone missing the calm or dynamic paintings? Redd has them today. I can open up while I'm doing my miles chores if anyone has an interest.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Flubby posted:

Anyone missing the calm or dynamic paintings? Redd has them today. I can open up while I'm doing my miles chores if anyone has an interest.

If the calm painting is still available I'd like to have it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
God damnit I bouught Cranston back with an amiibo because he was one of my initial 5, he stayed long enough for his birthday and now he asked to leave again. So does anyone want Cranston..........again

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Zuzie posted:

If the calm painting is still available I'd like to have it

LF8G5. Secret beach is reachable at the topmost center of the island, next to a telescope. You'll need a ladder.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hey how do you put items INTO the town recycling bin? I heard about putting items on tables then putting those tables into the recycling bin to give yourself extra storage space but I don't know the procedure (or how to pick up a table with items on top of it and put it in your pocket)

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

So how do I get the Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing edition item in-game without having played on it?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Anyone have a good turnip price tonight? We bought at 104 and we're at 206, but we'd like to make a bit more of a profit if possible.

EDIT:

notthegoatseguy posted:

So how do I get the Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing edition item in-game without having played on it?

As far as I know that's not required. We play on the regular old Switch and both versions of the Switch have shown up in the Special Goods section of the Nook Stop.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 25, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Blaziken386 posted:

On the one hand, nice

Everyone that bought the game needs something to gift their friends for the holidays. I'll buy an entire box from Target or wherever, if I can.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
It's Mitzi's birthday! Come celebrate with the code in the PGS thread!

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hot butter island is currently dealing with a meteor shower, come help.

I have a bunch of free recipes just east of the entrance,take whatever you need. Buy whatevr Nook's has left,go for it.

NCQP1

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

track day bro! posted:

God damnit I bouught Cranston back with an amiibo because he was one of my initial 5, he stayed long enough for his birthday and now he asked to leave again. So does anyone want Cranston..........again
Do they not always stay if you ask them to? I've never had one not.

Bandit Hat
Sep 8, 2005
Potatoes are the all-time treat, they are good to chomp and good to eat!
Celeste is here and shooting stars coming down pretty often.. feel free to drop by. C16T7

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I've got fancy lady Purrl in boxes today! She's lovely but I don't think Alexandria was high-class enough for her. Take her home! she's found a new home!

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 26, 2020

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

So I managed to snag one of the restocks of the ACNH Switch, but apparently island transferring isn’t a think but Nintendo themselves can do an island restore if you back it up...but only in the case of it being broken or lost.

At this rate, if I want both of my Switches to be operational, keep all my saves, and transfer my island save over to the new Switch, what would I do? Would I do a system transfer like normal and then call Nintendo and say something like my screen is broken and I just haven’t sent it in for repair yet?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
What happens if you hit + on Animal Crossing and click on “transfer your save data to a nearby console”?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Slugworth posted:

Do they not always stay if you ask them to? I've never had one not.

I mean they do, but I might as well switch it up a bit.

Ok I'm opening up I guess if anyone wants to do the bug off? I forget if theres any advantage on doing it on someone elses island. Cranston is in boxes again if anyone wants a lazy ostrich. Also theres a Server for sale at nooks and Alpinist dress in Ables.

Dodo code is closed!

if you could water any hybrid colour flowers that would be nice and take alll the stupid diy cards that have been sitting for ages also!

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 26, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just found out that the elephant watering can waters in an arc around your dude. I've just been using flimsy tools all along. I know the third upgrade for axs cuts down trees. Are there other tools that benefit from being upgraded, other than durability? I've just been using the flimsy tools as they were easy to build.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

UltraRed posted:

I just found out that the elephant watering can waters in an arc around your dude. I've just been using flimsy tools all along. I know the third upgrade for axs cuts down trees. Are there other tools that benefit from being upgraded, other than durability? I've just been using the flimsy tools as they were easy to build.

Flimsy tools are pretty trivial to upgrade after awhile. Just make a bunch at once and pull them from storage when you need them. But as far as I know watering can is the only one that functions differently. Also I thought axe was just a split upgrade, not 3 levels? You turn flimsy into stone or metal.

Also, all the more pricy tools in the upgraded shop (like the elephant can) are functionally the same as 2nd level tools. I'm at a point where the cost is pretty trivial since its not like ive got a lot else to spend my fortune on.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

LODGE NORTH posted:

So I managed to snag one of the restocks of the ACNH Switch, but apparently island transferring isn’t a think but Nintendo themselves can do an island restore if you back it up...but only in the case of it being broken or lost.

At this rate, if I want both of my Switches to be operational, keep all my saves, and transfer my island save over to the new Switch, what would I do? Would I do a system transfer like normal and then call Nintendo and say something like my screen is broken and I just haven’t sent it in for repair yet?

If you can wait for the November update, island transferring will be a thing 'later this year'.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Flimsy tools are pretty trivial to upgrade after awhile. Just make a bunch at once and pull them from storage when you need them. But as far as I know watering can is the only one that functions differently. Also I thought axe was just a split upgrade, not 3 levels? You turn flimsy into stone or metal.

Also, all the more pricy tools in the upgraded shop (like the elephant can) are functionally the same as 2nd level tools. I'm at a point where the cost is pretty trivial since its not like ive got a lot else to spend my fortune on.
And if you customize them it resets their durability, so they can last forever and the cost can be quite small. If you remember to maintain your tools.

Though I'm experimenting with going back to flimsy fishing rods and bug nets. If I have crafting benches all over my island, and I keep a stack of sticks in my pocket, I just don't care if my tool breaks.

There is a nook mile reward for crafting tools after all. I got this game at launch, played every day caught every fish and bug, and I'm barely at a thousand tools crafted. And the final milestone is three thousand so... not sure if that's going to happen.

But yeah, the axe is an alternate upgrade- you can go from flimsy to stone (same functionality but more durability than flimsy- gets you wood leaves trees intact) or flimsy to metal (same durability as stone- this kills the tree). Metal axe and watering can are the only functional changes with upgrades though. The rest is durability. Including the golden tools- the gold watering can waters even more, but other than that they're just durability upgrades.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eiba posted:

And if you customize them it resets their durability, so they can last forever and the cost can be quite small. If you remember to maintain your tools.

Though I'm experimenting with going back to flimsy fishing rods and bug nets. If I have crafting benches all over my island, and I keep a stack of sticks in my pocket, I just don't care if my tool breaks.

There is a nook mile reward for crafting tools after all. I got this game at launch, played every day caught every fish and bug, and I'm barely at a thousand tools crafted. And the final milestone is three thousand so... not sure if that's going to happen.

But yeah, the axe is an alternate upgrade- you can go from flimsy to stone (same functionality but more durability than flimsy- gets you wood leaves trees intact) or flimsy to metal (same durability as stone- this kills the tree). Metal axe and watering can are the only functional changes with upgrades though. The rest is durability. Including the golden tools- the gold watering can waters even more, but other than that they're just durability upgrades.

So the only bit I didn't know is golden watering can is further upgrade? If so, then thank you, dude!

edit: I'm barely 3 weeks. Never played any AC games before.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 26, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

UltraRed posted:

So the only bit I didn't know is golden watering can is further upgrade? If so, then thank you, dude!

Yeah golden watering can waters a 3x3 square, just like in New Leaf.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah golden watering can waters a 3x3 square, just like in New Leaf.

Thank you :love:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Come take all these fossils away!

Dodo code in the PGS thread.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

UltraRed posted:

Thank you :love:

If you want a gold watering can let me know, I'm probably going to open my island in an hour or two and I can make you one

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

IMO gold tools should've been infinite use
I have so many other things I could be crafting with gold ingots, why would I ever make a tool that's just going to break again? The only worthwhile one is the watering can, because it's actually an upgrade. (and because it can make gold roses)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I have a spare Acorn Pochette recipe, does anyone have anything else from that set they would want to trade?

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Don't ask me about my basement, Becky. I don't like it when people ask me about my basement. :stare:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Mameluke posted:

I have a spare Acorn Pochette recipe, does anyone have anything else from that set they would want to trade?

I didn't even realize you could get spares. At the start of the month every other balloon I found had a recipe and they just stopped once I had them all.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've been on hiatus from the game for a while but got back into it this weekend. Did some renovations and moved out Cherry, who just wasn't that interesting. Then I got maybe my luckiest first rando island villager.

She agreed to move in!

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Random question. Fishing pole durability - is it based on number of casts or catches?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've been on hiatus from the game for a while but got back into it this weekend. Did some renovations and moved out Cherry, who just wasn't that interesting. Then I got maybe my luckiest first rando island villager.

She agreed to move in!

Yay! I have Mira, too, cottontail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Random question. Fishing pole durability - is it based on number of casts or catches?

Catches. Not sure if a fish biting and getting away counts.

Axes are based on the number of times they hit a rock or tree.

Shovels are based on the number of holes dug and possibly also the number filled.

In general a swing and a miss doesn't count.