Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

mango sentinel posted:

The stuff there nerfing is stuff that made each character feel like bullshit to fight but the danger in nerfing all the strong characters is just making the game INCREDIBLY boring.

Basically the patch might turn GBVS into early SFV.

The fact that SFV has a ton more sauce than GBVS is really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIqFOR3QjiU

I appreciate that they had an entire section just for his taunts.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I appreciate his Super.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Get ready for Kunimitsu's daughter... Kunimitsu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUmSWbEehYA

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I will buy and purchase a Tekken 7 Season 4 Pass and I didn’t even watch the video

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Gavok posted:

Get ready for Kunimitsu's daughter... Kunimitsu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUmSWbEehYA

kunimitwo

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So this pass is just 2 characters, if I'm getting this right? I wonder if it's going to be a guest.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
That trailer also mentions "online play enhancement." Doesn't Tekken 7 currently have a janky rollback implementation, or is it just straight delay-based netcode?

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
It's delay-based but Harada will slap you and start yelling 'three frames' if you say it to his face.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

A good poster posted:

That trailer also mentions "online play enhancement." Doesn't Tekken 7 currently have a janky rollback implementation, or is it just straight delay-based netcode?

I think it's currently delay-based, but apparently they're implementing rollback.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
my vague understanding is that moves in Tekken tend to have more startup than normals in 2D games and there's more you can do to hide the effects of delay as a result

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Harada knows as much about tekken netcode as the average user of this thread

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Faffel posted:

Harada knows as much about tekken netcode as the average user of this thread

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Is Sega really about to Blueball us and not tell us anything about the new virtua fighter project during TGS?!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure it's VF6 or some version of 5FS on their "fog gaming" platform but I hope to god they're going to be porting it, the one translation said it was arcade first

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm 100% positive if it was VF6 they'd just say "hey it's VF6" instead of doing this weird VIRTUA FIGHTER X ESPORTS non-announcement

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Virtua Fighter the Digital Card Game esports

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Al-Saqr posted:

Is Sega really about to Blueball us and not tell us anything about the new virtua fighter project during TGS?!

You might say Sega were the original blueballers. :pwn:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This Virtua Fighter eSports thing will probably be along the lines of the treatment they did for Puyo Puyo eSports. So, probably some version of VF5FS with a focus on tournaments and online play.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Kins posted:

This Virtua Fighter eSports thing will probably be along the lines of the treatment they did for Puyo Puyo eSports. So, probably some version of VF5FS with a focus on tournaments and online play.

Good enough.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

You can't tease a thing and then release concrete information about the thing immediately after. Gotta wait at least 2 weeks for the hype to build up, if not longer.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The Kins posted:

absolutely fine by me

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
vf6 will be exclusive to segas fog gaming platform

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What is the fog

Someone explain

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Smoking Crow posted:

What is the fog

Someone explain

its like a cloud but in the morning

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

my vague understanding is that moves in Tekken tend to have more startup than normals in 2D games and there's more you can do to hide the effects of delay as a result

WR (while reconnecting) 3 frames

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

What is the fog

Someone explain

its like the cloud except instead of a bunch of servers sitting in a warehouse in the middle of god knows where it's idle arcade machines sitting in a failing game center

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

You might say Sega were the original blueballers. :pwn:

Lol

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

What is the fog

Someone explain

It's Sega's attempt at cloud gaming wherein they will use the arcade machines in their game centers in the same way a normal cloud gaming service would use server racks. When it was announced it just seemed like some desperate attempt by Sega to get some kind of money out of their game centers that were sitting empty due to Covid.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

What is the fog

Someone explain

A somewhat mediocre 1980s horror film.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

FanaticalMilk posted:

It's Sega's attempt at cloud gaming wherein they will use the arcade machines in their game centers in the same way a normal cloud gaming service would use server racks. When it was announced it just seemed like some desperate attempt by Sega to get some kind of money out of their game centers that were sitting empty due to Covid.

why can't they just call it the cloud instead of the fog

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Fog rhymes with hedgehog.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

why can't they just call it the cloud instead of the fog

You can't trademark it w/o a brand name

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1310401045261152256

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
thats cool

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The immediate followup to include the song was necessary and appreciated.

Also everyone saying Paul George is OP cause you don't take chip damage where you now????

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1310481015685537793

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I can't remember, does this version not have lobbies like some of the other games Code Mystics updated?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Pretty excited for 2k2um to get rollback. It's a ton of fun whenever I've played it and it's got a really good cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Step 1: Old game gets rollback

Step 2: Everyone talks about how sick that is

Step 3: A few people try it out

Step 4: Everyone forgets about it and complains about how there's nothing to play