Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Always bet on Sett.

Ready, get , Sett.

The cultist lineup is pretty good, Aatrox is really nice for dragging in the ranged and piling enemies together before super galio divebombs them all. That said galio is really vulnerable to more CC heavy comps, hes a massive stat block without any armor or resists.

And Sett is really dumb, hes the random legendary you always grab since he'll tank some damage before running off to do some situps. If he supercharges via situps the true damage from dunking a frontline tank into the backline just explodes everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Eeepies posted:

I managed to reach Cultist 9 once!
Galio got picked up by Sett and immediately wiped my full team, 0/10 will not do again.

yeah no I did in fact win with it but I fed for what felt like 400 rounds

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ahri 3 kinda seems hosed beyond belief, 2 10k+ dmg aoe nukes

i was laughing like a maniac, funniest thing i've ever seen in this game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

CODChimera posted:

Ahri 3 kinda seems hosed beyond belief, 2 10k+ dmg aoe nukes

i was laughing like a maniac, funniest thing i've ever seen in this game

I think it's funny that Mort had a goal for this set of not having champs that required specific items for certain champs, and then we get Akali who requires specifically IE/Blue Buff to go from "a unit I guess" to "rips apart your entire backline and there's nothing you can do about it"

I'm still trying to find a shell that I like for Akali though?? 6 assassin 4 ninja isn't consistent enough because you have to go straight to 8 and can't play any of your units till then, it loses the midgame way too hard and doesn't have the payoff needed when you finally have the whole squad assembled

I'm thinking 6 assassin 3 cultist might work better, or maybe moonlight

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

A level 1 lee sin should not be able to kick a level 3 champ off the board. It's loving dumb rng. Yes I'm mad because I just finished 4th instead of 1/2 because he kicked off my level 3 kat who had a hood and somehow he waited the perfect amount of time for it to wear off.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Frustrated posted:

A level 1 lee sin should not be able to kick a level 3 champ off the board. It's loving dumb rng. Yes I'm mad because I just finished 4th instead of 1/2 because he kicked off my level 3 kat who had a hood and somehow he waited the perfect amount of time for it to wear off.

it's insanely funny actually, him and Sett are the coolest 5-costs

Also it’s not RNG he just kicks the guy he’s autoing

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

managed to get an Ashe 3 and a Warwick 3 and then that game ended

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I've been going on like 10 games in a row of Suicide Fortune Ahri strat because i'm getting Chosen Annies every single game, and have refined the strategy. The lowest I've gotten is 5th (when i don't find GA), with many 1sts and one 2nd.

Basically, get Fortune ASAP, then lose every match wolves, saving money to 50 gold and spending excess on leveling. You want to reach level 7 asap, and your only purchases should be Namis, Annies, a TF (or 3, your choice), Tahms, and the first Fortune that you see (Katarina/Jinx). Take one from the first wheel if needed. If Annie is chosen fortune, you can even ignore Jinx/Kata.
After that, look for Ahris (priority!) and Sejuanis to replace your Jinx/Kata.

Your item priority is the first jeweled gauntlet, a guardian angel, then 2nd jeweled gauntlet. All 3 items go on TF first, but once you find Ahri, sell TF and put everything on Ahri. The GA means that even if she dies during cast animation, the ball still appears (and lands before she revives) nuking everything. Rest of items go onto Sej and Annie to tank.

Winning a round after losing 8 in a row as Fortune tends to gives lots of gold and at least one Neeko's. Level up to 8 slowly, then find more Ahris and Annies. If your Nami isn't 3, feel free to replace her with a Lillia. The rest of your team comp are basically just fat stunners (sej, cassio, lillia, sett, shen, etc), whose only job is to survive till Ahri spirit bombs the enemy team. I can consistently get Ahri 3 because no one every tries to get her (even mage players prefer Elderwood Veigar). Tech in an Azir (and put 2 soldiers at the opposite corner) against Aatrox.

T2 Ahri with 2 gauntlets wipes everything except Divine or Mystics, T3 Ahri wipes everything, even 9-cultist Galio. I've gotten a lot of ? pings when their 3-item Jhin, Warwick, or Riven disappears under a bomb.

The good thing about this comp is that your peeps are all the rejects. Hardly anyone touches Ahri, Sej, Annie or Nami, so you can easily T3 all of them. The only one time my T3 Ahri with GA lost was against a T3 Akali with GA, who revived next to her to kill her 1v1 every round.

Synergies - 3 Mage. I once had a game which I had 2 Sej2, Cassio2, Azir1, Lillia1, Ahri3, Annie3. Still won anyways.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hello tft thread -- i did now know you existed, and now know. Greetings

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Eeepies posted:

I've been going on like 10 games in a row of Suicide Fortune Ahri strat because i'm getting Chosen Annies every single game, and have refined the strategy. The lowest I've gotten is 5th (when i don't find GA), with many 1sts and one 2nd.

Basically, get Fortune ASAP, then lose every match wolves, saving money to 50 gold and spending excess on leveling. You want to reach level 7 asap, and your only purchases should be Namis, Annies, a TF (or 3, your choice), Tahms, and the first Fortune that you see (Katarina/Jinx). Take one from the first wheel if needed. If Annie is chosen fortune, you can even ignore Jinx/Kata.
After that, look for Ahris (priority!) and Sejuanis to replace your Jinx/Kata.

Your item priority is the first jeweled gauntlet, a guardian angel, then 2nd jeweled gauntlet. All 3 items go on TF first, but once you find Ahri, sell TF and put everything on Ahri. The GA means that even if she dies during cast animation, the ball still appears (and lands before she revives) nuking everything. Rest of items go onto Sej and Annie to tank.

Winning a round after losing 8 in a row as Fortune tends to gives lots of gold and at least one Neeko's. Level up to 8 slowly, then find more Ahris and Annies. If your Nami isn't 3, feel free to replace her with a Lillia. The rest of your team comp are basically just fat stunners (sej, cassio, lillia, sett, shen, etc), whose only job is to survive till Ahri spirit bombs the enemy team. I can consistently get Ahri 3 because no one every tries to get her (even mage players prefer Elderwood Veigar). Tech in an Azir (and put 2 soldiers at the opposite corner) against Aatrox.

T2 Ahri with 2 gauntlets wipes everything except Divine or Mystics, T3 Ahri wipes everything, even 9-cultist Galio. I've gotten a lot of ? pings when their 3-item Jhin, Warwick, or Riven disappears under a bomb.

The good thing about this comp is that your peeps are all the rejects. Hardly anyone touches Ahri, Sej, Annie or Nami, so you can easily T3 all of them. The only one time my T3 Ahri with GA lost was against a T3 Akali with GA, who revived next to her to kill her 1v1 every round.

Synergies - 3 Mage. I once had a game which I had 2 Sej2, Cassio2, Azir1, Lillia1, Ahri3, Annie3. Still won anyways.

I had jeweled, blue buff and shojuns on my Ahri but GA sounds like a good idea. My veigar had good items as well but it didn't even matter.

That was 6 mages but if she still nukes everything with the 3 bonus then wow. will try it out

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I’ve seen GA on Ahri a few times but if she can’t blow someone the gently caress up she just gets annihilated by any team with AOE damage.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

njsykora posted:

I’ve seen GA on Ahri a few times but if she can’t blow someone the gently caress up she just gets annihilated by any team with AOE damage.

GA on ahri is good because she'll finish her incredibly long cast animation if she dies during it, which can win the round. Comes up surprisingly often!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

especially with a lot of assassins going around.

fortune 6 seems really bad but of course i'm going to do it every time i can

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I had a game where there were three chosens on the board at the first PvP round and they were all sharpshooters, two Nids and a Vayne.

On a related note, an early 3 star max level sharpshooter vayne with a Runaan's is dumb and good.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Hellioning posted:

I had a game where there were three chosens on the board at the first PvP round and they were all sharpshooters, two Nids and a Vayne.

On a related note, an early 3 star max level sharpshooter vayne with a Runaan's is dumb and good.

Do the Runaan's bolts jump as well?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

CODChimera posted:

I had jeweled, blue buff and shojuns on my Ahri but GA sounds like a good idea. My veigar had good items as well but it didn't even matter.

That was 6 mages but if she still nukes everything with the 3 bonus then wow. will try it out

I have tried lots of other items on her since I get Chosen Annie all the time, but nothing works as well as GA to let her get one spell off. Quicksilver, Trap Claw and Blue Buff all led to problems down the line that made me not be 1st. And for damage, the best item apart from jeweled... was another jeweled.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Eeepies posted:

I have tried lots of other items on her since I get Chosen Annie all the time, but nothing works as well as GA to let her get one spell off. Quicksilver, Trap Claw and Blue Buff all led to problems down the line that made me not be 1st. And for damage, the best item apart from jeweled... was another jeweled.

Isn’t jeweled + IE mathematically better than two jeweled?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

CODChimera posted:

especially with a lot of assassins going around.

fortune 6 seems really bad but of course i'm going to do it every time i can

My feelings are the opposite, fortune 6 is really really good. Sucks hard early but I find I'm usually tossed a few neeko's help to get someone to gold star asap. if I survive and win a few matches.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Oh.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

That board is so good it should give you a New Game+ option where you play another game with that board against nothing but three and four star units

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

I had the bottom 3 of this lobby rage messaging me when I got chosen River3 at 5-1.
Then I had the 2nd/3rd place rage against me after I 3-starred Cass at 6-1.
So satisfying.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I got beat by this monster the other day

He took one step forward, grabbed fiora, and piledrived her so hard it killed my entire team

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Ignite Memories posted:

I got beat by this monster the other day

He took one step forward, grabbed fiora, and piledrived her so hard it killed my entire team

Speculating on how he managed to collect almost every single copy of a really good 5 cost unit. Unfortunately I think if someone manages to get 3 star sett the game should just end since it's all a formality after that.

What was this dude's build before this? Was he chain losing with a 6 stack fortune?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

From what I've heard top level players are doing, they're basically rushing to L9 and buying every 5 cost unit they see since 5 costs are crazy strong just on their own.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Oh I figured he went fortune and banked all the neeko items to just immediately jump sett to 3*.

Which I just had a match where I had 3 fortune and got my face pushed in over and over and once I won a match it gave me 6 thief's gloves.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Dusk Chosen Vayne into first carousel Dusk spat into uncontested Dusk snowballs. I think this is my dumbest board yet. Not shown are two more Setts chilling on the bench, which is the first time I've regretted using Neeko to 3* Riven.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i want to use this screenshot to illustrate a way to beat cultists, and how you, as a cultist player, can avoid getting got. cultist gets absolutely souped by anyone running sett - it is your hardest counter possible. so, what do i do at level 8? i buy every single loving sett i can find. i hard rush sett in the carousel. every time a sett is offered i take it so that other people cant get them. did i have any intention of building sett? not really... i ended up building sett, but my main goal was to prevent anyone from getting a 2 star sett and blowing up my entire team.

the end result:

if that yungingzz fellow ended up building a sett, i honestly think i might have lost this lobby

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPn-jCBgiZk

Here's a comp video that accurately reflects what I've seen in the various streams I've been watching

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Jesus Sett is incredibly strong. At the moment I'm mostly going Warlord or Brawler but I just add him every time I see him now. Amazing.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Sunfire Cape is so strong that I had a melee unit trapped behind other ones for the entire fight and it still did more damage by itself than any one unit

https://clips.twitch.tv/HumbleLitigiousPeanutHotPokket

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Everything mostly makes sense, dunno about the Hecarim and maaybe Jax buff. Eager to see how they'll make statikk shiv more relevant than an item that falls off once champs hit two star.
Been messing with divine and heavy warwick carry, core item being rapid firecannon. Had a good game where I got death blade and statikk shivv going and he just ramped up those atk stacks.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Shocked that they’re neither nerfing Zed nor Spirit, and even buffing Yuumi. 4 Spirit/Shade is great right now

Diana buff and mage/Annie are the other scary ones

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

kingcobweb posted:

Shocked that they’re neither nerfing Zed nor Spirit, and even buffing Yuumi. 4 Spirit/Shade is great right now

Diana buff and mage/Annie are the other scary ones

The Yuumi buff is so weird to me. The number of games I win on the back of Yuumi and Janna from 5 to 7 is absurd and both 2 and 4 Spirits are super strong. Veigar eating a nerf is super weird, but might make sense with a mage buff.

Sett eating a nerf is very welcome though, I'm getting real tired of racing to 8 to play "Who gets the Setts?"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ah

https://mobile.twitter.com/TFT/status/1309592231611781120

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I ran an interesting Moonlight Chosen Aphelios + Sylas, Warwick Nunu Maokai, Ashe Kindred (and everyone got a free FoN so I added a Yuumi) that went on a 17 round winstreak? GA/Rageblade/GiantSlayer specifically to counter all the brawler comps... felt so good I'll look for it again if I end up with that amount of swords

curiousCat fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 27, 2020

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

:science:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i swear to god kg if i see another shen 2 on your bench when you have a shen 2 on the field again i am going to have a stroke, stop trying to make shen 3 happen

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OK but that shield would be really big though...

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’ve gotten Shen 3 before and it’s good :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

generally when you get a 3 star of a 4 cost unit you win the game and it's not even close. 'shen is good' is not remotely comparable to that